Shareholder Credit

TM

And, if you happen to have more than one cruise booked, make sure you check them all. We recently purchased the 100 shares and I sent a fax detailing both cruises we had booked (one in 3 months and the other in 2019). The credit was applied to the first cruise within an hour but the second credit never showed on the personalizer! So, I called and it was immediately added.

(one in 3 months and the other in 2019)? Wow - I was always told I had to wait unit it was within 90 days of sailing before submitting proof of ownership . .

Yep. They changed that in mid-2017.

Can someone please post the document or link to same. I recently bought when the stock took the dip. Thanks.

Official form, non-authoritative source: http://www.*************.com/forms/PCLShareholderBenefit.pdf

The form isn't required, just the info and proof of ownership via snail mail or fax. They will not accept via

email, quoting laws about protecting customers' financial info.

Remember to blank out any broker account numbers, etc. I use a paint program to blank out the info on a

scanned image because some scanners see into the infra-red and/or ultra-violet and not all black markers

are black out into those colors we can't see.

One extra tip:

Princess' military OBC matches the stockholder OBC, so I submit the SOBC in my wife's

name so the OBC for each of us comes out even.

Saves issues when she goes to the shops. :rolleyes:

I submitted/faxed my information this past weekend and then called on Monday to verify receipt of fax. The Princess booking person told me to wait 48-72 hours for the OBC to show up. It appeared the next day on my personalizer and I received an updated booking confirmation showing the OBC. Way cool!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I faxed in the paperwork for the shareholder credit. Where would I see it to confirm that it has been credited to my upcoming onboard account?

Thank you.

I usually get it credited to my account same day if I fax by 7 a.m. PST. You can verify it online in your Cruise Personalizer.

King

(one in 3 months and the other in 2019)? Wow - I was always told I had to wait unit it was within 90 days of sailing before submitting proof of ownership . .

This has changed--Princess realized that people wanted to use OBC to book excursions, and since the excursions must be paid at the time of booking, they wanted OBC available. You can now submit the proof any time after you book the cruise. And you don't need to use their form--just have the basic information on the request--confirmation number, cruise date, name, etc.

I faxed on the 6th and called on the 11th to verify. The said they never got it. I faxed again on the 12th from another venue and this morning they again said they never received it. I have receipts from both. So now I'm back to the old fashioned way of doing business. I just put all the info into my snail mail box. Three times lucky?

This has never happened before.

I faxed on the 6th and called on the 11th to verify. The said they never got it. I faxed again on the 12th from another venue and this morning they again said they never received it. I have receipts from both. So now I'm back to the old fashioned way of doing business. I just put all the info into my snail mail box. Three times lucky?

This has never happened before.

Hey girl. So good to see posts from you again. Would be nice to see you on a cruise again. Where are you going next?

I too have been having issues with getting SHBs applied. I typically have to call and either they didn’t get the fax or they had to apply it manually and it doesn’t show up in the personalizer and then I have to contact the TA to get a copy of the credits.

Right now I’m waiting to get verification for some faxed yesterday. I believe they treat the free faxes with the branded cover page differently than those sans the brand. If I pay for the fax so they don’t know the source there are fewer problems. Oh for the good old days of sending an email.

I hope this is okay to ask this question here, but I faxed in my CCL for my $100 OBC plus I got $100 for my husband's military service and then we each got $75 for a special when we booked. So total of $350 but I am having a hard time finding a way to spend it while planning. I went to make an excursion reservation but it wanted to pre pay and not allow me to use OBC same with the up charge dining. Will I need to wait until I board to spend my promotional OBC?

Thank you,

Joy

I hope this is okay to ask this question here, but I faxed in my CCL for my $100 OBC plus I got $100 for my husband's military service and then we each got $75 for a special when we booked. So total of $350 but I am having a hard time finding a way to spend it while planning. I went to make an excursion reservation but it wanted to pre pay and not allow me to use OBC same with the up charge dining. Will I need to wait until I board to spend my promotional OBC?

Thank you,

Joy

Rules change, but last I called Princess, the reply was "There's a reason it's called 'onboard' credit" :(

Is your OBC through booking refundable? I've only gotten OBC through Costco and AFAIK, their OBC is refundable.

Otherwise, $350 isn't that much after gratuities. If you're getting a drink package, definitely get that onboard as there's no benefit to pre-purchasing (and drink packages aren't even something that they can run out of).

If the OBC is a benefit from Princess, it is non-refundable. If it came from a TA, it is likely to be refundable as the TA had to actually pay for it.

FWIW, if you are lucky enough to get a move down or move over offer, all your OBC becomes refundable!

Is your OBC through booking refundable? I've only gotten OBC through Costco and AFAIK, their OBC is refundable.

Otherwise, $350 isn't that much after gratuities. If you're getting a drink package, definitely get that onboard as there's no benefit to pre-purchasing (and drink packages aren't even something that they can run out of).

>>

I got free pre paid gratuities too with this booking offer, and do not drink alcohol so would prefer to spend on excursions, spa or up charge dining if possible.

Joy

Thank you,

Joy

Joy,

We have the military, shareholder, fcc and other OBC on our Aug cruise. I was able to use my OBC to pay for shore excursions. You need to call Princess to get it straightened out.

One extra tip:

Princess' military OBC matches the stockholder OBC, so I submit the SOBC in my wife's

name so the OBC for each of us comes out even.

Saves issues when she goes to the shops. :rolleyes:

The two OBCs match in the amount but not in the fact that one (the veterans' OBC) is refundable while the other one (stockholder OBC) is not refundable, a big difference. That said, one important effect of that is that the stockholder OBC will always be used before the veterans' OBC is used as Princess will always use up any and all non-refundable OBC before it uses up any refundable OBC which is a very nice benefit for Princess customers!;p

Tom

The two OBCs match in the amount but not in the fact that one (the veterans' OBC) is refundable while the other one (stockholder OBC) is not refundable, a big difference. That said, one important effect of that is that the stockholder OBC will always be used before the veterans' OBC is used as Princess will always use up any and all non-refundable OBC before it uses up any refundable OBC which is a very nice benefit for Princess customers!;p

Tom

True, but they run a separate folios for each passenger.

If her card is presented, it goes on her folio and my OBC doesn't enter into it, and vice versa.

True, but they run a separate folios for each passenger.

If her card is presented, it goes on her folio and my OBC doesn't enter into it, and vice versa.

Not if everything is charged to the same credit card! My wife and I have all our charges paid by the same credit card, while they run seperate lists of the charges and credits assigned to each person at the end of the cruise all the charges are lumped together and all of the OBC is lumped together and the credits are subtracted from the charges. If the net result ends up with a debit balance the result is a charge to the credit card. If the net result ends up with a credit balance, the total amount of returnable OBC that is available results in a check being issued and mailed to us.

Tom

If the OBC is a benefit from Princess' date=' it is non-refundable. If it came from a TA, it is likely to be refundable as the TA had to actually pay for it.

FWIW, if you are lucky enough to get a move down or move over offer, all your OBC becomes refundable![/quote']

Military OBC is from Princess and is refundable.