Renderings of new Terminal 25 for Edge

CruisingTheWaves

Thanks for the reminder - my DH’a expires next year and I had forgotten. I don’t want to get to the Edge and have him be turned away (although I would say goodbye and leave without him [emoji2]).

And don’t put your documents in your checked luggage....

And don’t put your documents in your checked luggage....

And one poster a while ago said they’d put their documents in the front of their carryon roller, and when the porters took their luggage at the terminal, they took the carryon. Couldn’t get on board and was very upset at the Line for not letting them go on and show their passports later. Didn’t seem to work out too well and they missed the ship when their luggage wsn’t offloaded until too late for them to retrieve it. They blamed the Line for taking their carryon, not letting them take care of it on the ship, or not getting their luggage back off the ship and to them in time.

Boy did that Line mess it all up!

I didn’t respond with what I thought was obvious, which was “It isn’t the Line’s responsibility to keep an eye on your stuff you are taking on board”.....and personally, I thought there was a bit more to it than I put my docs in my carryon front pouch and they took it from me.....right, could be, but could also be what is a bit more realistic which is I didn’t think about it when packing and put my documents in my luggage, nice and safe.

Den

• 3 weeks later...
After I wrote this, I was just dropping off to sleep when I remembered the Celebrity website and how we will be dependent upon that working properly to get get checked in correctly. Oh my, this could be interesting ! :rolleyes:

You said it, sister:eek: Those of us who are on later Edge sailings will thank those of you who bravely go where none have gone before;p I hope Celebrity really works out the kinks, and has a rational contingency plan, before rolling out facial recognition technology for pre-boarding check in. Surely they wouldn’t mar the launch of a beautiful new ship with a massive boarding fiasco. Fingers crossed, you’ll have a seamless boarding and sailing experience!

And one poster a while ago said they’d put their documents in the front of their carryon roller, and when the porters took their luggage at the terminal, they took the carryon. Couldn’t get on board and was very upset at the Line for not letting them go on and show their passports later. Didn’t seem to work out too well and they missed the ship when their luggage wsn’t offloaded until too late for them to retrieve it. They blamed the Line for taking their carryon, not letting them take care of it on the ship, or not getting their luggage back off the ship and to them in time.

Boy did that Line mess it all up!

I didn’t respond with what I thought was obvious, which was “It isn’t the Line’s responsibility to keep an eye on your stuff you are taking on board”.....and personally, I thought there was a bit more to it than I put my docs in my carryon front pouch and they took it from me.....right, could be, but could also be what is a bit more realistic which is I didn’t think about it when packing and put my documents in my luggage, nice and safe.

Den

I saw that on the TV show Mighty Ships on Smithsonian Channel. They showed I believe Oasis of the Seas on one of its first voyages and the couple put their docs in the checked luggage. They got lucky since they were able to find the luggage before the ship sailed but they were sure sweating it out.

Just an update...It did not take very long for our new passports to arrive., although mine came a few days after Sal's. Old passports were returned in a sep mailing. So now is a good time to check ..

..Next up for us is the torture of getting enhanced NYS driver's licenses for use in airlines, but with the Passports secured, we are good to go...

Wondering,..How is this facial recog going to work if we do not upload photos in advance? ..I may have asked already...sorry, but would prefer taking longer at the pier than putting it online or in an e mail,

Just an update...It did not take very long for our new passports to arrive., although mine came a few days after Sal's. Old passports were returned in a sep mailing. So now is a good time to check ..

..Next up for us is the torture of getting enhanced NYS driver's licenses for use in airlines, but with the Passports secured, we are good to go...

Wondering,..How is this facial recog going to work if we do not upload photos in advance? ..I may have asked already...sorry, but would prefer taking longer at the pier than putting it online or in an e mail,

My guess is that those who don't send pictures ahead of time will be in line going through the regular process. We rarely wait in line very long anyway since we get to the port early. For the very first cruise I am hoping that the facial recognition messes up and thinks I am in the Iconic Suite! ;)

We have had to travel on Royal Caribbean and they ask for a picture to download when you do you set sail pass. I always seem to do it wrong as it loads in sideways or not a good picture. They want it with a blank background. With all the mistakes I make it has not been a problem. When I go into the terminal they just take a picture just like always. They even have people to check you in with Ipads as you walk in so there are no lines. I don't see why anyone here should have a problem over this.

Pat

We have had to travel on Royal Caribbean and they ask for a picture to download when you do you set sail pass. I always seem to do it wrong as it loads in sideways or not a good picture. They want it with a blank background. With all the mistakes I make it has not been a problem. When I go into the terminal they just take a picture just like always. They even have people to check you in with Ipads as you walk in so there are no lines. I don't see why anyone here should have a problem over this.

Pat

Thanks...you made feel better about this .

.we are fairly patient at check in but would not want a big delay over not having an uploaded photo They usually take a standard security photo at boarding so they will probably just use that.

• 2 weeks later...

port everglades webcam was so nice and has zoomed the camera for me to the T25. THANK YOU at this point. Here are some construction photos

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=79364e-1533313038.jpg

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=7904f2-1533313060.jpg

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=23ced4-1533313078.jpg

Copyright by Port Everglades Webcam!

Progress,,, thanks for posting

I am sure it will be very modern and impressive and a big improvement in many ways over the old terminal. But it is in a less than prime location, with no parking garage from what I gather.,.( hope i am wrong)

When we drive to the port, it will still require two rides to the terminal..first to drop off luggage, back around to park, and a shuttle back to board with our carry ons.. ( wish they could take the luggage at the paking garage,,but I doubt that will be part of the plan)...

I guess dh could drop me off with luggage and carry ons,..but we like to stay together.

After the cruise, we have to take another shuttle with all our luggage, and carry ons to the paking lot after we disembark.

It's doable but exhausting !

• 4 weeks later...

Cruisers on our January EDGE cruise will sail on Silhouette from this new terminal in Nov as it returns from Europe...

Looks like it will be ready on time and will be shared with other X ships.

We are looking into the possibility of parking first and somehow getting a taxi to the terminal to avoid multiple trips...around the port area..

That's an idea but not sure our 1 night pre cruise hotel would keep the car for a week, and send a shuttle to pick us up afterwards. Not staying there post cruise; driving back to our Fla place after the cruise..

We like the safe port parking and will tough it out,..Hoping there may be a closer parking lot than the midport garage, At least the terminal should be easier than the old one with that long outdoor walk to customs review area. We do walk off so it should really be easier on that end of the trip..

That's an idea but not sure our 1 night pre cruise hotel would keep the car for a week, and send a shuttle to pick us up afterwards. Not staying there post cruise; driving back to our Fla place after the cruise..

We like the safe port parking and will tough it out,..Hoping there may be a closer parking lot than the midport garage, At least the terminal should be easier than the old one with that long outdoor walk to customs review area. We do walk off so it should really be easier on that end of the trip..

In February 2017, my wife & I flew down & stayed one night in hotel.

But, our friends drove down and found another hotel who let them stay one night & for a nominal fee let them keep their car there for 10 nights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for all the suggestions and info.

Usually we follow cruuse line suggestion and drop off the luggage at the port building and then go around to park, just taking our carry ons with us on the shuttle return to the ship..

If it is still the midport garage for parking, I think we will park first if we can, and then take the shuttle with our luggage. This is only a 7 day cruise so we will be packing fairly light anyhow.. That will resolve the double loop travel problem. For the 9 night cuise with more luggage, we are flying in and will use the hotel shuttle.

Best pier locations are 1) way at the other end where you park in the surface lot and walk right into the building,,,,we were lucky to have that for Connie OR 2) midport lot where you walk across the street to Royal C pier.

At least the new area for X will hopefuly solve the terrible traffic mess at the pier and eliminate that long walk outside in the "pen" for luggage snd then customs. The building itself looks beautiful...and very hi tech, although we hope not to be lining up or waiting for very long on boarding days!