I’m normally onboard as early as possible, but...

NCLfamily

With the World Cup final kicking off at 11am Miami time I am planning to board around 2pm for a 4pm sailing.

This will be ok won’t it?

As I say, I love to be on as early as possible. I even had the accolade of first passenger onboard on my last cruise [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. I thought as much, just the fact I’m normally on my third cocktail by 2pm.

Praying for no extra-time in the football.

I love the World Cup. Actually watching a couple of matches as I type this.

What is your prediction? Scotland vs USA for the trophy? ;p

As long as you have your edocs you can board 1/2 hour before ship departs. Others in your party may board earlier if they want to.

OP: Please ignore this advice it is untrue. US ICE policy is that you have to be on board no later than 60 minutes prior to sailing. That means checked in and on the ship, not waiting in line to board. NCL extends that to 90 minutes because they have to turn the manifest in 60 minutes prior to actual departure, and they can't do that until everyone is actually on board.

OP: If you are actually on board 2 hours prior to sailing you will be fine, but make sure you allow enough time to get through luggage check in, security, transport, etc.

I even had the accolade of first passenger onboard on my last cruise [emoji41]

Well it seems like you should set a goal for yourself. Being the last person on board for this cruise.

With the World Cup final kicking off at 11am Miami time I am planning to board around 2pm for a 4pm sailing.

This will be ok won’t it?

As I say, I love to be on as early as possible. I even had the accolade of first passenger onboard on my last cruise [emoji41]

You have to be on board 2 hours before sailing or you will be denied boarding. You would actually risk missing a cruise over a kickball game?

Found a nice looking Irish bar in Downtown to watch it.

Great - Take your luggage with you to the bar and you can watch the game (and also the bags!). Once the game is over at 1pm (or later with extra time) catch a cab with bags out to the ship - make sure you are at POM no later than 2:50 pm, okay!!!

Check you eDocs - this is cut & pasted from our next cruise

Departure time: 05:00 PM

All Guests must be on board the ship no later than 2 hours prior to the departure time noted on these documents or they will not be permitted to sail.

Yes, but if you have already checked online, it's 1 hour. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Was my first thought. But not in Haven so may not get on until 11.30/45 and match kicks off at 11.
As per previous post. Timing won’t allow for this or it would be first choice.

Sure, but I’m thinking if it’s a choice of missing the beginning or quite possibly missing the end, as a fan, I know what I’d choose.