Do OV Cabins have a Frig?

Unless something has changed, the answer is no.

Thank you. Not what I wanted to hear. I am Diamond and have never experienced not having one. Guess I need to speak to someone when I board on Thursday.

Thank you. Not what I wanted to hear. I am Diamond and have never experienced not having one. Guess I need to speak to someone when I board on Thursday.

I wasnt to pleased to hear that either..Carnival didn't have them either when we first sailed,,,but NCL did..one reason why I kept with NCL..liked the fridge..and this is my first time sailing on RCCL.. Hopefully this is the only disappointment I have

The fact that I'm not a new RC customer and therefore have experienced many different voyages.

If you have a medical need, you need to contact that department now, before your cruise.

special_needs@rccl.com

If you do not have a medical need, then you are SOL.

If you really want a refrigerator (borderline useless cooler) in your cabin, then you need to book one of the new Panoramic Oceanview cabins midship on Decks 7 & 8, or a balcony cabin or a suite.

The fact that I'm not a new RC customer and therefore have experienced many different voyages.

Now that's even funnier. :p A lot of us are diamond and above and also have experienced many different voyages. So what! You could be pinnacle and that wouldn't matter either! :rolleyes:

I see that my very innocuous question has resulted in too much discussion. So you all may continue said discussion without me.

FYI, though I really shouldn't have to explain, I usually do take a balcony cabin, but not this time. And yes, I do need frig. for meds.

I see that my very innocuous question has resulted in too much discussion. So you all may continue said discussion without me.

FYI, though I really shouldn't have to explain, I usually do take a balcony cabin, but not this time. And yes, I do need frig. for meds.

Bingo. All about the details. Merion_Mom's recommendation to contact the special needs dept. is spot on.

It will be easier for Royal to know in advance, but I'm sure they will get you one once onboard. You might have to use an ice bucket for the first night.

Now that's even funnier. :p A lot of us are diamond and above and also have experienced many different voyages. So what! You could be pinnacle and that wouldn't matter either! :rolleyes:

Oh, for heaven's sake! Her only point was that she was SURPRISED because she had sailed RC many times before and always had a fridge. The end.

I wasnt to pleased to hear that either..Carnival didn't have them either when we first sailed,,,but NCL did..one reason why I kept with NCL..liked the fridge..and this is my first time sailing on RCCL.. Hopefully this is the only disappointment I have

Older NCL ships like older Royal's ships(Granduer) never had them in all cabins They started adding them to new build ships in 1998. Actually they were put on ships stocked with things to buy, soda/water/candy, not for personal use. That's reason they are not true Fridges, just coolers and wont keep some meds cold enough. Can e-mail special needs as was said, you can get a smaller fridge to store meds, but it wont hold anything else...

Can't imagine why you would think it's funny. :confused:

I also thought it was funny.....because it came across sounding like this: “I’m Diamond and I WILL tell them to fix this problem...and they WILL do what I want because I AM Diamond”:cool:

Maybe it hit me that way because we have been just returned from a day of wine tastings:halo:

Older NCL ships like older Royal's ships(Granduer) never had them in all cabins They started adding them to new build ships in 1998. Actually they were put on ships stocked with things to buy, soda/water/candy, not for personal use. That's reason they are not true Fridges, just coolers and wont keep some meds cold enough. Can e-mail special needs as was said, you can get a smaller fridge to store meds, but it wont hold anything else...

You also need to understand that an added fridge is going to take up space in an already cramped cabin as there is no neat little cabinet for it to fit into.