Day passes at Resorts

Steelers09

I have seen several posts about purchasing day passes at the resorts. However, my attempts to contact these resorts and make this purchase are failing. Does anyone have experience with doing that they could share?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bananarama offers day pass options including transportation on their website, and they’re located on West Bay Beach, which is the premier beach location on the island.

We’re arranging our own transportation and this is what they had to say about day passes minus transportation:

“We do offer day pass at our resort on cruise ships days which is $10 per person and it include a beach chair or a welcome drink and use of the resort facilities you can pay for this day pass once you’re here at the resort..”

I have seen several posts about purchasing day passes at the resorts. However, my attempts to contact these resorts and make this purchase are failing. Does anyone have experience with doing that they could share?

We are going to Paradise, next to Bananarama, I believe. I booked the day passes thru shoreexcursioneer.com. Their packages include transportation.

We are going to Paradise, next to Bananarama, I believe. I booked the day passes thru shoreexcursioneer.com. Their packages include transportation.

Just curious—is there a reason you chose Paradise over Bananarama? Shore Excursioneer has both and the two appear to be very similar, but Paradise is a little more expensive. I'm wondering if there are advantages to Paradise.

Just curious—is there a reason you chose Paradise over Bananarama? Shore Excursioneer has both and the two appear to be very similar, but Paradise is a little more expensive. I'm wondering if there are advantages to Paradise.

Paradise Beach Club has more ocean frontage which means more sans to spread out. They also have a pool if you get tired of all the crazy on the beach.

I would choose Paradise over Bananarama.

To the OP - oftentimes the internet on the island is dodgy, keep trying or several resorts have US phone numbers.

Also, The pool at Paradise is huge and there is a lot of area and furniture around it for lounging in the shade. To me it offers a more peaceful, relaxing time if not on the beach.

But, if you are going to be on the beach or in the ocean the whole time, then there is not much difference.

I am in the midst of booking for Roatan also. It took me several tries to get a full answer from Bananarama, I slowly got pieces of information...finally today got the full information by messaging them via Facebook. Give them details when you want to come and an email address, they will send confirmation and payment form. I think it was language difficulties, I was getting a little annoyed. Booking directly is a little less than through excusioneer, and I like the idea of having the transportation arranged.

We went back and forth trying to decide but after reading reviews Paradise seemed to be more for us, a little quieter. We also like the idea of a pool.

Two years ago, we got a daypass for the Infiniti Bay Resort - we emailed them and we had to confirm availability a week or two before our visit. At the time it was $25pp and included use of pool and beach, chairs, etc. No food/drink. It was located in a terrific location to snorkel from the beach. It was incredibly quiet. No vendors. Almost no one at the pool. At the time, we emailed sobeyda @ infinitybay.com. Did not include transportation from the port.

This year, we will be going to Mayan Princess just to change things up. We picked the $35pp package including pool/beach and transportation from port, but not including food/drink (I read some questionable reviews re: the food), but they have a $75pp package with food/drink. You can book through roatanexcursions dot com.

Enjoy!

Thanks so much for the information. I am really rather skeptical about Bananarama because every interaction has been so careless. Thinking I'll contact Mayan Princess...I think they are next door.

• 3 months later...
On 7/10/2018 at 2:41 PM, Juvesgirl said:

Two years ago, we got a daypass for the Infiniti Bay Resort - we emailed them and we had to confirm availability a week or two before our visit. At the time it was $25pp and included use of pool and beach, chairs, etc. No food/drink. It was located in a terrific location to snorkel from the beach. It was incredibly quiet. No vendors. Almost no one at the pool. At the time, we emailed sobeyda @ infinitybay.com. Did not include transportation from the port.

This year, we will be going to Mayan Princess just to change things up. We picked the $35pp package including pool/beach and transportation from port, but not including food/drink (I read some questionable reviews re: the food), but they have a $75pp package with food/drink. You can book through roatanexcursions dot com.

Enjoy!

Have you gone on this cruise yet?? Very interested in Mayan Princess resort. Wondering if you have gone in case you could give a review?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, brookeq said:

we booked bananarama thru island marketing.  for $20 pp that included our transportation from mahogany bay and a chair and drink.  

Our next cruise we are looking at booking paradise thru rony's tours.

Just a heads up, Paradise thru Rony was more expensive earlier this year than booking direct. I don't know if that has changed - you would have to email for current pricing, unless you are visiting several places and need a driver for the day.

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Just a heads up, Paradise thru Rony was more expensive earlier this year than booking direct. I don't know if that has changed - you would have to email for current pricing, unless you are visiting several places and need a driver for the day.

Thanks.  We are still shopping around.  We were thinking of using him because we were setting up a private tour with a few stops.  But I will definitely look into the pricing.  Thanks 🙂

Hi just returned from my cruise Sunday.  I did pass with lunch with Mayan Princess.  It was fair.  The good, the staff I encountered were overall polite.  The pool area and bathroom near the pool was clean.  No vendors in the pool area.

The food was a big disappointment.  First they end lunch rather early at 12:30 p.m. and if it wasn't for a young lady checking the pool area asking me if I ate, wouldn't had missed out.  But the food was bland, no special item like stated,.

The other two issues were one the vendors on the beach.  The beach and water is wonderful, but the vendors were in your face every moment.  If I told one person no or later, why five or six others right behind them?  I was planning to buy some items, but turned off.  Had to stay in the water just to have peace.

The other issue was there were four others on my ship when also purchase the pass.  The letter gave the info on time and where to meet the van.  Waited over a hour and the others were no show.  It piss me off that I got off the boat and made it to the pick up area just to sit there.  The driver stated he was sorry while I kind of understand they didn't want to leave with just one person, not fare to waste one hour of my time in addition to a 30 min plus drive.

I don't suggest booking Mayan Princess

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/14/2018 at 5:50 PM, airlink diva said:

Hi just returned from my cruise Sunday.  I did pass with lunch with Mayan Princess.  It was fair.  The good, the staff I encountered were overall polite.  The pool area and bathroom near the pool was clean.  No vendors in the pool area.

The food was a big disappointment.  First they end lunch rather early at 12:30 p.m. and if it wasn't for a young lady checking the pool area asking me if I ate, wouldn't had missed out.  But the food was bland, no special item like stated,.

The other two issues were one the vendors on the beach.  The beach and water is wonderful, but the vendors were in your face every moment.  If I told one person no or later, why five or six others right behind them?  I was planning to buy some items, but turned off.  Had to stay in the water just to have peace.

The other issue was there were four others on my ship when also purchase the pass.  The letter gave the info on time and where to meet the van.  Waited over a hour and the others were no show.  It piss me off that I got off the boat and made it to the pick up area just to sit there.  The driver stated he was sorry while I kind of understand they didn't want to leave with just one person, not fare to waste one hour of my time in addition to a 30 min plus drive.

I don't suggest booking Mayan Princess

hello!

I have been doing a lot of research on Mayan Princess and would like to get some information/tips from you if you don't mind sharing.

1. Did the van driver arrive to the dock on time to pick you up? I would be mad too if I had to wait for an hour for other lazy people to show up..

2. Was beach area too busy with guests? 

3. Do they have umbrella/palapas on the beach? I really need a shade..

4. do you remember the a la carte food price? we are thinking about doing just a day pass only since we don't eat much.

thanks a lot in advance!!

We just got back.  We had booked ronys tour and went to hold sloth first.  Then headed to west bay beach.   There were four ships in roatan that day so it was busy.  Our plan was to go to Bananarama.  It was booked and not allowing any visitors.  We checked a few other places and couldn't get in either.  Our driver ended up being able to take us at Henry Morgan.  It was $20 a person.  It got us a chair and access to the pool.   It was a nice place to spend the day.

On 4/10/2019 at 7:48 AM, mook1525 said:

hello!

I have been doing a lot of research on Mayan Princess and would like to get some information/tips from you if you don't mind sharing.

1. Did the van driver arrive to the dock on time to pick you up? I would be mad too if I had to wait for an hour for other lazy people to show up..

4. do you remember the a la carte food price? we are thinking about doing just a day pass only since we don't eat much.

Hi just getting a chance to reply.

1.  The driver was on time and waiting when I came outside the gates to the meeting spot.  

2.  While there were quite a few people enjoying the beach, it wasn't crowded.  

3. They had umbrellas and chairs set up for the Mayan, but the vendors made it hard to enjoy

4.  No I don't recall the a la carte food prices

1 minute ago, airlink diva said:

Hi just getting a chance to reply.

1.  The driver was on time and waiting when I came outside the gates to the meeting spot.  

2.  While there were quite a few people enjoying the beach, it wasn't crowded.  

3. They had umbrellas and chairs set up for the Mayan, but the vendors made it hard to enjoy

4.  No I don't recall the a la carte food prices

thanks!!

On 4/10/2019 at 8:48 AM, mook1525 said:

hello!

I didn't read this entire thread, but I visited Mayan Princess last summer and can also report back:

1.  Yes, they were waiting as scheduled.

2.  Busy, but not to the point where it was not enjoyable; however, to be fair, I didn't spend much time on the sand - I walked down in front of Infinity Bay because I prefer the snorkling there, and spent the rest of the time in the pool.

3.  I don't remember if they had them on the beach, but they did have them by the pool.

4.  No, but I intentionally did not eat there, as I read some questionable reviews about the food.  I am glad I did not choose the package with food.  There were a lot of flies near the bar and food buffet, so we did not have any food or beverages there.  

Despite the flies, we really loved it.  The pool was beautiful, clean, and extremely quiet.  One tip: bring your own towels.  I found it difficult to get towels there.

In a prior year, we did a day pass at Infinity Bay.  I preferred it there because it is closer to the snorkling spot that I like, however, it wasn't as convenient.  They won't let you book a day pass until 1-2 weeks prior to your arrival (understandably so - depends on hotel occupancy).  Also, they don't provide transportation.  I ended up booking transportation through Daniel Johnson's sloth sanctuary.  They picked us up from the cruise, brought us to the hotel, picked us up from the hotel after a few hours, brought us to the sanctuary, and then brought us back to the ship.  $30pp.  Also on time, no problem.

Enjoy!