Sunset veranda aft cabin or an Aqua Class veranda cabin

webeinky

Ok need some input please, my wife and I are looking at going on the Celebrity Equinox this summer and we are trying to decide between a Sunset veranda aft cabin or an Aqua Class veranda cabin. We have never tried either of them before so looking for some help. They are almost the same price just a few hundred more for the Aqua Class cabin. I am sure either of the cabins would be great but, what are the pros and cons or any firsthand experience you might have.

Any help would be great thanks.

This is one of those hot button issues that will net you assorted opinions. We fall solidly in favor of Aqua Class cabins but you need to be careful about your cabin location. Our favorites are forward on the starboard side. Try to not be below the pool or the Spa Cafe.

The benefits of Aqua Class are access to Persian Gardens which is great if you're into that sort of thing. I am. More than anything, it's that your dining room is Blu. It's a smaller venue which touts "Clean Cuisine" (or at least it used to). We have found the food to be great and the service outstanding. It's much quieter than the MDR and the entire staff gets to know you. But, aft cabins are great so you will have to decide what is more important to you.

Interests and pricing would be our guide,

If the prices are equal I'd say definitely AQ class...defer the other experience for another cruise. In AQ you get. BLU, Persian Garden , priority boarding , more Cap Club points, nicer shower, etc

We have always cruised in AQ class and have AQ class booked on EDGE for early 2019. . We wanted to book another EDGE cruise for late 2019, , but were priced out of AQ class...so we were able to get a Sunset view...It will be a new experience that we will look forward to...We will miss BLU but EDGE has 4 mdr choices with varied decor and some menu variety....hopefully quieter than usual MDR set up..we will also have to purchase PG passes...or only go once using our E + perk

I think the chances of AQ prices rising in the future are greater than the SV,

Whatever you pick...have fun! Equinox is a great ship.

Edited by hcat

We’re actually sailing in a SV next April on the Reflection, and the price HAS already gone up since it was booked a little over a month ago. There are only 3 left for our sailing and we’re looking forward to our first “aft experience” based on the raves of others and being in probably the most quiet area of the the ship due to very little passenger traffic.

However, we also sailed the Reflection in an Aqua Spa Suite (only on the Reflection) in 2013 and absolutely loved dining in Blu and having a personal connection made with the staff who identified you by name after just the 1st dinner. Although you dined at your choice of time for dinner, the staff always remembered and accommodated us with our type of table preference whenever we arrived. BTW, the upgraded shower in the cabin was great. 45ed600639b786a50115500a6d0ef26b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think both are great. You really can't go wrong, but given the pricing and that you've not experienced Aqua class, I'd opt for that for all of the reasons below. SV is nice for the large balcony, but it gives you nothing else. Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide.

Here’s another idea to throw in the mix..... I love Aqua for Blu....but Sunset Aft balconies are my fav location wise. Since I personally do not enjoy the MDR, with the money saved you can purchase a dining package and enjoy the wonderful specialty restaurants every night. Really whatever your choice Equinox is just great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We love the aft cabins but although watching the wake is neat we would book an A2 over a SV anytime. Smaller dining room, more personalize service and a great place for breakfast. Add in the 2 extra CC points a night, the great shower, access to the Persian Garden & other AQ perks.

We have done the Aqua Class on Solstice to Alaska last summer and it was great. I second what someone said though, we had a starboard side cabin that was more toward the after and was an A2 cabin. The A1's are sometimes toward the forward and might be under the gym and fitness areas. We could have done either but we were happy with our room location and Blu is definitely worth it. The food and service were very good. The shower is fantastic after a day in port. We used the Persian Gardens once or twice but didn't get a lot out of that perk but the view was incredible.

All have raised good points and they all make sense....but when it comes down to it, for me an aft cabin is better than any cabin any where else. I LOVE the uninterrupted view, I don't miss the wind because the rest of the ship blocks it and often the balcony is bigger. Only complaint I have on Equinox and other ships in her class is the loooong walk to the elevators.

All have raised good points and they all make sense....but when it comes down to it, for me an aft cabin is better than any cabin any where else. I LOVE the uninterrupted view, I don't miss the wind because the rest of the ship blocks it and often the balcony is bigger. Only complaint I have on Equinox and other ships in her class is the loooong walk to the elevators.

LOL. We were about 4-5 cabins from the aft cabins and my husband said the same thing. He was like "It's so far to walk to get to anything". I liked it because it was a quiet cabin and do not mind the walks. Helps burn all the calories.

Here’s another idea to throw in the mix..... I love Aqua for Blu....but Sunset Aft balconies are my fav location wise. Since I personally do not enjoy the MDR, with the money saved you can purchase a dining package and enjoy the wonderful specialty restaurants every night. Really whatever your choice Equinox is just great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ditto... love the Sunset Aft balconies on ANY ship!

Personally, I would do both. Just flip a coin and book the other room type for your next cruise. Unfortunately questions like yours will bring out the fans on both sides which in my opinion doesn't paint an honest picture for you. Take a look at the Aqua benefits and see if they are things that you'd really enjoy or take advantage of.

DW & I did an SV on our last cruise on the Equinox and it was absolutely wonderful. Cabin location for us is of prime concern because DW is an extremely light sleeper so if we find an Aqua cabin under a very quiet part of the ship we will book it for the experience.

Food is a very subjective thing. Do a search on CC for BLU's menus and see if it would suit your palette. Even if you do book Aqua, I'd suggest you buy a 3 or 4 night dining package and experience the specialty restaurants.

We sailed In April on the Equinox in Aqua. We loved our Blu experience, only used a Persian Gardens once and did not like the covered balcony. Sailing in August in a C1 aft. Though we will miss Blu, we will enjoy a sunny balcony and bought 4 nights of Specialty dining with our OBC. I know not much help.

Our choice would always be AQ for Blu. A much nicer experience than the MDR (although there is nothing wrong with that option). I also prefer not to be all the way aft (or forward) due to motion issues, but not everyone has that problem. It is true that except for Deck 11 cabins on M class ships, many AQ cabins are not in ideal locations. I am one who believes that category was specifically developed to make those geographically less desirable cabins more popular. Some locations are worse than others - it pays to see what is above your cabin. That said, we have had some locations better than others, but none that were so noisy that it ruined our cruise in any way.

Our choice would always be AQ for Blu. A much nicer experience than the MDR (although there is nothing wrong with that option). I also prefer not to be all the way aft (or forward) due to motion issues, but not everyone has that problem. It is true that except for Deck 11 cabins on M class ships, many AQ cabins are not in ideal locations. I am one who believes that category was specifically developed to make those geographically less desirable cabins more popular. Some locations are worse than others - it pays to see what is above your cabin. That said, we have had some locations better than others, but none that were so noisy that it ruined our cruise in any way.

But they are sailing on an S class ship, so they do not have the ability to book a Deck 11 aft AQ on an M class.

But the first question on this thread...sunset veranda on an S class vs. AQ on an S class - apples and oranges...you MUST know that the divisive factor is MDR vs. Blu - has nothing to do with the location of your cabin.

Choose where you want to eat, and if it's Blu, you will survive with a side balcony - if having an aft overlooking the wake is paramount, then you will survive in the MDR.