Disappointed in the Seaside

Mjsturg1

This was our 8th cruise, first on MSC and frankly probably the last.

Let's start with our room aurea suite 14262..No pool towels in room till second day, it was like pulling teeth to get our mini bar stocked and I had the deluxe plan, we had to call down 3 times the whole week to get more toilet paper.

Was charged for crepes which clearly states on website that they are included (will be calling them Monday morning !) Went to guest services and was told it was not included only gelato..they were rude and short, and clearly don't like Americans .

We tried to order drinks through room service which the website also clearly states is included with the deluxe plan was told it would be a charge..then we said then have our room steward restock the mini bar..they proceeded to say that they were running out of corona ??? What?? Seriously ?? Funny how they had it to finally restock it later that night but god forbid someone bring it up in the afternoon.

Forget about trying to get a drink by the pool they have two waiters for over a hundred people then your faced with attitude from the bartenders at the bar that you have to wait 20 minutes for a drink at and they will tell you they have no bar menus because they are lazy and only want to fix easy drinks.

Most of the workers need to learn better English and take a page from Carnival's workers..they were the most miserable bunch of people I have ever seen. All the Americans we spoke to all had some sort of issues as well and all agreed that the service sucked !

We will never cheat on Carnival again.

I expected to be wowed and nothing did that. Food was ok..dining room service was extremely slow... plan at least two hours for dinner.

The shows were good but be prepared they are mostly in foreign languages.

Tv had a like 3 American channels and the rest was catered to the Europeans of course..Americans were second class citizens on this cruise!!

It's the little details and first impressions that matter. The ship is beautiful but they need a whole new crew.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Let's start with our room aurea suite 14262..No pool towels in room till second day, it was like pulling teeth to get our mini bar stocked and I had the deluxe plan, we had to call down 3 times the whole week to get more toilet paper.

Was charged for crepes which clearly states on website that they are included (will be calling them Monday morning !) Went to guest services and was told it was not included only gelato..they were rude and short, and clearly don't like Americans .

We tried to order drinks through room service which the website also clearly states is included with the deluxe plan was told it would be a charge..then we said then have our room steward restock the mini bar..they proceeded to say that they were running out of corona ??? What?? Seriously ?? Funny how they had it to finally restock it later that night but god forbid someone bring it up in the afternoon.

Forget about trying to get a drink by the pool they have two waiters for over a hundred people then your faced with attitude from the bartenders at the bar that you have to wait 20 minutes for a drink at and they will tell you they have no bar menus because they are lazy and only want to fix easy drinks.

Most of the workers need to learn better English and take a page from Carnival's workers..they were the most miserable bunch of people I have ever seen. All the Americans we spoke to all had some sort of issues as well and all agreed that the service sucked !

I expected to be wowed and nothing did that. Food was ok..dining room service was extremely slow... plan at least two hours for dinner.

Tv had a like 3 American channels and the rest was catered to the Europeans of course..Americans were second class citizens on this cruise!!

It's the little details and first impressions that matter. The ship is beautiful but they need a whole new crew.

So different of an experience compared to what we experienced this past week. Though we were told crepes were included by yc director then they were not. Brought it up to yc director and he said that he was wrong and they are not included. Deluxe beverage says that crepes are included and in yc guests have the deluxe package also. But crepes were definitely not included.

Dining in royal mdr takes about 2 hours also. Not to be mean but did you tell you wait staff you wanted dining to speed up?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is right from the MSC website.

We were not in the yacht club and would have definitely let down in the caliber of service if it was what we experienced. They shouldn't advertise things that are included then renege once on board. I was only trying to take advantage of items included in the upgrade to deluxe that I paid for.

Massages were excellent, thought the reservations for shows was a plus and loved the convenience of the msc bracelets.2018 Drink Package Comparison Guise with DRINKS ON US.pdf

The foreign language that the shows are mostly in is English. The crew and staff of the MSC Seaside are very accommodating, hard-working, and polite. Sorry to hear that MSC Seaside is not Carnival; well, not really.

I agree that it has been disappointing to read that YC and now you have been denied the complimentary crepes when it is listed on their website. Of course cruise lines have every right to change their terms and conditions but they need to put it out there on their site...not do a bait and switch.

Also, why would MSC not have more english tv channels? After all I keep hearing about how they want to win over the American customers.

As far as service go I feel that it is hit and miss on EVERY ship I have sailed on after 10 cruises on mulitple cruise lines. Sorry you had more misses than hits.

Thanks for sharing your experience on the Seaside, sorry you didn't have a better cruise. I am also interested in hearing the GOOD parts of your cruise too as I'm sure it wasnt ALL bad.

Went to guest services and was told it was not included only gelato..they were rude and short, and clearly don't like Americans

I am very sure the guest relation manager for US pax will either be American or British. Talk with him and not the guest relation desk. So many options to meet him every day.

OMG, SERIOSULY, it is not CARNIVAL.... shouldn't have just enjoyed your cruise... don't sweat the small stuff.. EVERY cruise line has ALOT of problems.. not just MSC

Well said.

I too just returned from MSC Seaside. And really enjoyed the service, the crew and the whole ship. Not like the American Cruise lines we are used too. And I loved it. The ship is very lovely, pools are great and never had to wait for service.

Dinner in the MD was always a touch over an hour and our wait team at table 150 was Outstanding.

Everywhere we went the crew could not have been any nicer always asking what they could get for us. Captain and his senior officers where always around and the Capitan even came by to say hello to us and everybody that was seated in a bar one evening.

Yes there shows are a little different from what we see on the American cruise lines but VERY enjoyable and well done. I think there was only about 40% of us Americans on board but I found it great to be able to talk to other people from around the world.

My only complaint is the size of the showers.(small). But who spends that much time in the shower anyway.

With over 70 cruise's under my belt. I'm looking forward to returning to the Seaside in the near future.

What a disappointment for you. We are so looking forward to our cruise in December. It will be the first time on a MSC ship and we are sailing on Seaside. We expect it to be different from other lines we have cruised with, but one never knows until you go out there and try it for yourself.

Could you share any of the good things you found on the ship?

I am very happy to hear that it is not at all like Carnival as that is our least favorite cruise line.

It is wonderful there a variety of cruise lines as well as the various ships that we can choose from so we all can enjoy our time at sea.

We had 14262 at Xmas the steward from Honduras was great, he was still there in early May when we were on our second Seaside cruise, it could be that he has gone home now.

I notice that you have mentioned nothing about the suite.

Just a point but did you fill out the paperwork each day to show what you had used from the mini bar ? Without it the stewards will not restock it.

Edited by sidari

Its an Italian Cruise Line , Why should staff learn better English ????? Maybe you should learn another language

And you were lucky you had 3 American channels on the TV , Cruise in the Med and you only get 1 in English but to be honest that doesnt bother most MSC folk as we tend to have better things to do than watch TV

And 2 hours for an evening meal , hmmm maybe because eating together is a social event not a race

IF I was you i would stick to Carnival

We enjoyed the cruise. We were expecting a better or at least on the same level as Carnival since everyone seems to put down Carnival as the Costco of the Sea..We set our expectations too high I guess as far as the service went. Every American couple we talked to were feeling the same way so it wasn't just us.

We enjoyed the cruise. We were expecting a better or at least on the same level as Carnival since everyone seems to put down Carnival as the Costco of the Sea..We set our expectations too high I guess as far as the service went. Every American couple we talked to were feeling the same way so it wasn't just us.

So many different experiences on the same ship.

I know that every couple we talked to will be back on seaside. There are 4 couples/families we met on board that we had such a great time with. We are planning a cruise together with MSC in 2020. I know of 3 other families that booked their next cruise on seaside yesterday.

So many different experiences on the same ship.

I know that every couple we talked to will be back on seaside. There are 4 couples/families we met on board that we had such a great time with. We are planning a cruise together with MSC in 2020. I know of 3 other families that booked their next cruise on seaside yesterday.

We had 14262 at Xmas the steward from Honduras was great, he was still there in early May when we were on our second Seaside cruise, it could be that he has gone home now.

I notice that you have mentioned nothing about the suite.

Just a point but did you fill out the paperwork each day to show what you had used from the mini bar ? Without it the stewards will not restock it.

There wasn't any sort of paperwork in the room about the mini bar.

Doesn’t the OP have their right to their opinion even if it doesn’t match your own? It might help others with similar filters which I think is the point. Why the bullying??! It’s vacation!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The things we loved were our aft wrap suite, the ship is beautiful and the use of technology for the bracelets and show reservations was great. Loved the deep pools. Crepes and chocolate martinis excellent.

Thanks for sharing the positive, too. It helps us put your review in perspective. When it’s all one sided, I usually stop reading. We liked our cruise in June. It seems like you had a bad cabin steward, and crepes were included for us - so they are inconsistent (and it’s rotten if crepes are now not in the Deluxe Package). The shows we saw were almost all in English, with only a few songs in other languages. We were in YC, so I know the service there may have been better, but we enjoyed lots about the whole ship - the outdoor seating by the buffet, pools, thermal spa, waterslides, coffee, chocolate..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for sharing the positive, too. It helps us put your review in perspective. When it’s all one sided, I usually stop reading. We liked our cruise in June. It seems like you had a bad cabin steward, and crepes were included for us - so they are inconsistent (and it’s rotten if crepes are now not in the Deluxe Package). The shows we saw were almost all in English, with only a few songs in other languages. We were in YC, so I know the service there may have been better, but we enjoyed lots about the whole ship - the outdoor seating by the buffet, pools, thermal spa, waterslides, coffee, chocolate..

Oh yes I loved the ship and enjoyed everything you mentioned it was the service aspect that I thought wasn't up to par and like you said the inconsistency in what was included per the website and what they told me on the ship.

I didn’t think room service drinks were included in any drinks plan?

MJ ... did you check the drawers in the room for the paperwork ? as I said previous, without it the Stewards will not re stock the mini bar because they have to have written proof of what they have replaced.

Did you ask about it ? were you aware of it ? If we needed anything we left the Steward a note on the desk with no issues.

MJ ... did you check the drawers in the room for the paperwork ? as I said previous, without it the Stewards will not re stock the mini bar because they have to have written proof of what they have replaced.

Did you ask about it ? were you aware of it ? If we needed anything we left the Steward a note on the desk with no issues.

Wasn't aware and didn't see any paperwork about the mini bar in the room...We asked the room steward about stocking it and that we had the deluxe package and he never once mentioned it but that seemed to be the problem..room steward only did bare minimum..never once did we even get a towel animal and had to call down for more toilet paper three different times during the week.