Oasis of the Seas Coastal Kitchen

Talk to me about Coastal Kitchen. Haven’t found too much info, mainly menus.

We are Sky Class Suite guests on the Oasis with 2 kids. Have read food is amazing. How child friendly are the meals? How would you compare to a nice dinner at Chops or Giovanni’s? Can you have embarkation lunch there? Any pics, advice would help. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Coastal Kitchen is a more relaxed atmosphere. There have always been some children in there when we dined and it looked like they were served food that children often prefer. Not up to Giovanni's fare IMO but really good. We have had many horrible experiences in Chops so I'll pass on that comparison. We were just on Allure for two weeks and never stepped foot in the MDR. We ate all dinners in CK except the one in Giovanni's and had almost all breakfasts there. It was heavenly not getting caught up in the sometimes chaotic MDR.

CK is best at breakfast and lunch.

Breakfast menu is std and doesn't change.

Poached eggs with farro are really good

Lunch has more variety on Oasis than Allure.

Tomato soup, wrapped dates, salmon, chicken sandwich and margarita pizza are some of our faves.

Enjoy63131420d1919f6e74cc4aa60a1bc887.jpg894bf002a78cd85b63ee4e2988f23e5c.jpgaea83fa04b07832b835b3771d133f858.jpg56a8b3dbd3f5bd0a574ed07d454aeecb.jpg2ca65a8e892deae9d0eaeb478c7eb480.jpg

0530b0189d921ee9e2f26019025130d0.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

John is doing a B2B on her in September.

Presidents cruise and the one before.

Interesting to see how the two voyages will be different [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ah, I wasn't keeping track.

Still not sure why Harmony's Coastal Kitchen is a disaster compared to Oasis. We have considered upgrading our cabin for our Harmony reservation, but if there is a huge issue, we might reconsider.

Ah, I wasn't keeping track.

Still not sure why Harmony's Coastal Kitchen is a disaster compared to Oasis. We have considered upgrading our cabin for our Harmony reservation, but if there is a huge issue, we might reconsider.

When do you sail?

FWIW I did not like Allure CK as much as Oasis.

I will have been on Oasis, Allure, and Harmony over the course of 7-8 months.

When do you sail?

FWIW I did not like Allure CK as much as Oasis.

I will have been on Oasis, Allure, and Harmony over the course of 7-8 months.

Not sailing Harmony until April, but are in GS on Oasis in September. We will upgrade our Harmony cabin after our Oasis cruise if we decide Coastal Kitchen, suite lounge and other suite class benefits are worth it. We are fine with 3 drinks on our sea pass each night, though on our recent Alaska cruise, me used the diamond lounge more than we have in the past, though it was very crowded on some nights, with the overflow area full too.

I haven't looked into many Harmony threads yet, since the cruise is still far off. What I have read doesn't give me any hint to what the "disaster" is on Harmony.

Not sailing Harmony until April, but are in GS on Oasis in September. We will upgrade our Harmony cabin after our Oasis cruise if we decide Coastal Kitchen, suite lounge and other suite class benefits are worth it. We are fine with 3 drinks on our sea pass each night, though on our recent Alaska cruise, me used the diamond lounge more than we have in the past, though it was very crowded on some nights, with the overflow area full too.

I haven't looked into many Harmony threads yet, since the cruise is still far off. What I have read doesn't give me any hint to what the "disaster" is on Harmony.

Well, September 29 may be a quiet week on Oasis with Presidents Cruise going on 180 miles south.

Regardless, you should enjoy the GS perks on Oasis.

Pretty sure Harmony comes to PC soon after you sail her

Well, September 29 may be a quiet week on Oasis with Presidents Cruise going on 180 miles south.

Regardless, you should enjoy the GS perks on Oasis.

Pretty sure Harmony comes to PC soon after you sail her

Harmony relocates from Port Everglades to Port Canaveral as of May 5, 2019.

mac_tlc

mac_tlc

Is it deadheading from Port Everglades up to Port Canaveral? Our cruise ends May 5th in Port Everglades and next scheduled cruise is a 3 night from Port Canaveral on May 6th.

Is it deadheading from Port Everglades up to Port Canaveral? Our cruise ends May 5th in Port Everglades and next scheduled cruise is a 3 night from Port Canaveral on May 6th.

Yes, that's what Royal has been doing lately when moving between the Florida ports.

Coastal Kitchen is a wonderfully quiet and relaxing alternative to the MDR. Everything about it is light and airy and tranquil. The breakfast menu is loaded with healthy options. I think the evening menu is much closer to MDR than the specialty restaurants, but still good.

mac_tlc

That's why I'd like to know what the CK "disaster" is on Harmony. We almost always sail from Port Canaveral and we are loosing Oasis and getting Harmondy.

That's why I'd like to know what the CK "disaster" is on Harmony. We almost always sail from Port Canaveral and we are loosing Oasis and getting Harmondy.

We thought the food in the evening was just average on par with the mdr. Breakfast and lunch was still great. The service was still above average with a very friendly staff. But, I can't speak for every cruise, chefs change, staff change etc. We also used the diamond club almost every night, much more comfortable furniture, more waiters, better pours and also a very friendly staff.

We did not witness a disaster, but certainly below O/A on the evening food.