Tips on on board account?

Perfect..we have not prepaid:) Also, on the "cruise tip calculators" online, are they pretty accurate? Trying to figure out about how much tips are, and theres an option on the calculator to "save" and when selected the fees go down, and Im not sure what it means. Also, are 11 and 12 year old cheaper or everyone the same for tips? Thx

Don't worry with any "cruise tip calculators" you find online. Carnival charges a set amount, $12.95 in most cabins and $13.95 in suites. It is per person, per day, and is charged to all cruisers over age 2.

Currently nothing under my billing?

Also, wow, thats a big difference, I was getting about $350 online, but as per the carnival link, for 5 of us for a week is about $515. Unless per day does not include the last day, as in, is it per night? Maybe Im adding an unnecessary day?

Also, wow, thats a big difference, I was getting about $350 online, but as per the carnival link, for 5 of us for a week is about $515. Unless per day does not include the last day, as in, is it per night? Maybe Im adding an unnecessary day?

I'm guessing you booked via TA (or online agency) versus directly with Carnival? If you booked directly, all your billing and payment info would be under "My Billing", otherwise it will only show excursions and things you purchased after you made the reservation.

I'm guessing you booked via TA (or online agency) versus directly with Carnival? If you booked directly, all your billing and payment info would be under "My Billing", otherwise it will only show excursions and things you purchased after you made the reservation.

Yes, that explains it:)

Gratuities will only show up under "my billing" if you have prepaid them. It sounds to me as though you have not.

The calculation is simple. $12.95 x # of people x days of cruise = total gratuity. So, 12.95x5x7=$453.25, unless you are in a suite.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1123/session/L3RpbWUvMTUzMTQ4NDA2OS9zaWQvZlUzY0d2VE1xN3NEUlE5VzA3NjNKWjZfVDJvR3M3JTdFRExyaXRHVnhzNU5jY2JFJTdFQ0pBTGVPQ2NUdjBwRlQyVkxwVDV5aGJ1ZE9qa21zUjJKanFMMFpjWFFLeFlmcGE0TzI4X0RycTYwQVQyQ2J4N0VKX2I0aktDZyUyMSUyMQ%3D%3D

Gratuities will only show up under "my billing" if you have prepaid them. It sounds to me as though you have not.

The calculation is simple. $12.95 x # of people x days of cruise = total gratuity. So, 12.95x5x7=$453.25, unless you are in a suite.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1123/session/L3RpbWUvMTUzMTQ4NDA2OS9zaWQvZlUzY0d2VE1xN3NEUlE5VzA3NjNKWjZfVDJvR3M3JTdFRExyaXRHVnhzNU5jY2JFJTdFQ0pBTGVPQ2NUdjBwRlQyVkxwVDV5aGJ1ZE9qa21zUjJKanFMMFpjWFFLeFlmcGE0TzI4X0RycTYwQVQyQ2J4N0VKX2I0aktDZyUyMSUyMQ%3D%3D

look at it as part of the cruise fare. Its per person per day. It pays for your cabin steward your wait staff and the people who service you at the buffet- (people who clean the tables and keep the buffet stocked)

There are 6 of us and I pay that each and every time its just a small amount in the scheme of things

It is per night of the cruise. Carnival does not consider the day you debark as part of the cruise.

Here's a chart from Carnival directly,

https://www.carnival.com/help#grats

Just find the line with the number of days you cruise is described as, and multiply it by the number of people booked to the cabin type. (interiors, ocean views and balconies are all Standard Staterooms) Ex. 8 Night Western Caribbean, in a Deluxe Family Oceanview for 5 will have auto-gratuities currently charge out at $103.60 for each passenger so means $103.6 *5 = $518.00 for the entire cruise given to employees that comprise your care teams in the hotel and all food services (except room service).

Beverages purchases and spa/salon services on Carnival will have a 15% of the menu/service price added in as an auto-tip so no need to tip in cash, unless receiving (or wanting to receive) exceptional service (other cruise lines auto-tip 18-20% on these services).

If you booked with TA company, do they typically ask you if you'd like to prepay tips before you make final payment for cruise? Our final payment coming up this month and haven't heard from TA company. Maybe you have to initiate it with them, or most of them?

Just got our answer: TA agent made final payment with our credit card which we had authorized up front. No query if we'd like to prepay gratuities or not.