More NCL Project Leonardo Class Ships announced!

Lupush

11 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything recently on this project.  2022 is coming up pretty quick for creating something like a whole new class of cruise ships.  I would think at this point they would be into detailed design at a minimum.

NCL-Project-Leonardo.jpg

That sure looks like an MSC ship to me.

gary

3 hours ago, deliver42 said:

It seems to be a Seaside lite.

Such an ugly design. And a balcony anywhere on the back half of the ship would be a deal breaker with that giant deck space below (constant noise, reduced ocean views).

Looks like I was right. The Escape really was NCL's "last good ship" (until they ruin it in next year's dry dock by expanding the vibe) I'll be that much more grateful when I sail on her tomorrow. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Saw the power point about these on my Escape Cruise a few weeks ago.  Quite excited about them.  I think the layout and size are just about perfect.

That said, with the Escape being as big as it is, it never felt crowded and the passenger flow was excellent.

Did the power point presentation tell you anything about what will be different with these ships?  

(Cabins, public spaces, and all of that exterior deck space?)

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Either I didn’t stick around long enough to hear the details, or it was just a general overview, but, I don’t recall specifics, just that the renderings were quite nice.  Sorry!

The CruiseNext people probably don't know more details yet.  

We booked Encore very early, but we had a good idea it would be similar to other ships we had been on.   Switching to this Leonardo class will be strange for us.   I can't imagine having a balcony on a lower deck that just looks out on an expanse of deck.  The MSC Aft cabins look intriguing, but I'm guessing they won't be as affordable as an Aft Balcony on Escape.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

Such an ugly design. And a balcony anywhere on the back half of the ship would be a deal breaker with that giant deck space below (constant noise, reduced ocean views).

From that graphic, even the forward balconies look down on that deck. I hate that so many new builds disconnect people from the water.