Come Sail Away With Us…LIVE from the MSC Seaside (Yacht Club) …July 21-28, 2018

Lovetocruise2002

You are selling me more and more on the YC with each post. We don't usually spend the $$ to get a suite, as we'd rather cruise more often, but this seems like a great way to experience the higher level of service at a more reasonable price.

Hi Cruise Critics!

This cruise has been a long time coming…489 days to be exact, but who’s counting?! Hubby and I are first time cruisers with MSC. We have been cruising since 2002, mainly with RCI, and a few with DCL in between. We are long time Oasis class fans, we love our suites, we adore Coastal Kitchen, so full disclosure here…it will be hard not to make comparisons. However, we are going into this cruise with an open mind and we are looking forward to new experiences from MSC.

Enjoying your posts & scopes! :D

nice! does YC get all of the coffee drinks included too?

I asked and they said yes. I did not get any yet though.

Enjoying your posts & scopes! :D

Thank you for joining! The connection is not great today so I've been light on the scopes. Will try more tomorrow when we get to port.

You are selling me more and more on the YC with each post. We don't usually spend the $$ to get a suite, as we'd rather cruise more often, but this seems like a great way to experience the higher level of service at a more reasonable price.

Well...if you are simply looking at what gets you more "bang for your buck", then it's MSC. Stayed tuned for further analysis (my own opinion of course, YMMV) [emoji6]

OMG that is so funny!! I didn't either pack buttons or zippers!!

This is why we are friends [emoji6]We think the same lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for that sports bar/ chicken wing info!

No food menu. Just chicken wings. They are not included with YC. I asked. Drinks are included though. Here is the menu:

I really appreciate you. We will not be in Yaugt club. We have an inside cabin fantastca level. My hubby loves chicken wings and prehaps well eat lunch in there one day with an ice cold brewski! Thanks again!

[emoji23]

pro tip: I never pack any pants that have a button or zipper. And wear your more fitted dresses earlier on in the cruise! [emoji12]

Lol....thought I was the only one that plans outfits from smallest to largest as the week goes by!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol....thought I was the only one that plans outfits from smallest to largest as the week goes by!

With experience comes wisdom! :D :D :D

Loving the review Love2Cruise ... I don't follow many Seaside reviews as I'm not booked on her. However, this one is very informative and entertaining. Appreciate the amount of work going into it - well done!

With experience comes wisdom! :D :D :D

Loving the review Love2Cruise ... I don't follow many Seaside reviews as I'm not booked on her. However, this one is very informative and entertaining. Appreciate the amount of work going into it - well done!

Thank you Bea. That means a lot coming from you. I have appreciated all of your YC info in the months leading up to the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I have a funny story to share...

I was meeting a friend in Vegas and I packed some of my cute outfits. When I got there nothing fit! I admit, I am a yoyo dieter and fluctuate.

I talked my friend into driving me to a place to shop. He picked Target. I bought some real cute lightweight fleece separates, in a few colors. Score! And each one was cute and comfortable.

Well...

I had no idea that after a few hours that fabric stretched out. And out. And out. I went from not being able to zip up my pants to barely being able to keep them up!

Some thoughts on tonight's show...The Wizard...

Once again, I am not sure if this show had a story line. If it did, I missed it. It was another variety type show with a collection of aerial elements, acrobatics, magic show type illusions, etc. We are starting to notice a theme here with the shows on MSC. While entertaining, the shows lack the elaborate set designs that we are use to seeing on RCI. The crew here is talented, vocals are very strong, the costumes are unique but they are not the Broadway type shows that one would find on RCI or even DCL. Again, no real complaints. We still enjoyed it. Those are just the differences we have picked up on.

Here are some pics and scopes from tonight's show:

3c83e76c3de86161db5e1a164647e4ea.jpg3964baf6ae9508c4affdd46ae6b571dd.jpg7f10084288c994a61b57ac52044690a7.jpg

https://www.pscp.tv/w/biaPzTF4TlFhYVJPT2V3UWJ8MURYeHlZWnBCUGt4TfZ8NPOOH6A3rlbnzISIMsGMq3d9mpQFhSanxgdjeXDf?t=1m

https://www.pscp.tv/w/biaP7TF4TlFhYVJPT2V3UWJ8MXJteFBOcFhsTVlHTtlvaS53G-SdjnuNmOoZZssp2AM8Z-jPBohnFSanznmr?t=4s

https://www.pscp.tv/w/biaQCzF4TlFhYVJPT2V3UWJ8MU93R1dXcGRtUHFHUQCzAjhuOkq7vDMdHA5yoxmnY5iIWaxfXBEChX6-F19K?t=2s

All coffee drinks from venchi included when sailing in yacht club. If you have the all inclusive deluxe package it would also be included in bella, fantastically and aurea experience.

Is all this included when you sail in the Yacht Club? Or just the gelato?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Once again, I am not sure if this show had a story line. If it did, I missed it. It was another variety type show with a collection of aerial elements, acrobatics, magic show type illusions, etc. We are starting to notice a theme here with the shows on MSC. While entertaining, the shows lack the elaborate set designs that we are use to seeing on RCI. The crew here is talented, vocals are very strong, the costumes are unique but they are not the Broadway type shows that one would find on RCI or even DCL. Again, no real complaints. We still enjoyed it. Those are just the differences we have picked up on.

Loving your review. I’ve never been on RCI (yet) but I had a similar impression about the MSC shows. We find them entertaining and certainly more fun than being behind a desk at the office.

We got the picture as to why the sets are somewhat elaborate but not necessarily lavish when we took the “behind the scenes” visit on Splendida. The spaces he artists have to work, change and deal with the decor is surprisingly tight. For example, we were 12 guests during the visit of the dressing area and were (politely) jockeying for standing room. We highly recommend that visit; it also goes on to the galleys and other crew areas.

Tomorrow we are in St. Maarten. No real plans for excursions. Just planning to get off the ship and wander. Good night all [emoji42]

Have you been to St Maarten before? (I've read various accounts of how bad hurricane damage is still showing...We usually just go to Maho beach and plane watch)

Also, daily planner people need to work on their conversion for Celsius to Fahrenheit (my go to one is 28=82 which allows me to get close while traveling on the conversions without knowing exact calcs)

Have you been to St Maarten before? (I've read various accounts of how bad hurricane damage is still showing...We usually just go to Maho beach and plane watch)

Also, daily planner people need to work on their conversion for Celsius to Fahrenheit (my go to one is 28=82 which allows me to get close while traveling on the conversions without knowing exact calcs)

We have been here before. Sadly our plans only include visiting That Yoda guy today as Hubby is a huge Star Wars fan. We aren't really beach people either. From what I know, there are still parts of the island that have not recovered yet. But it is still good to get off and contribute to the local economy.

Loving your review. I’ve never been on RCI (yet) but I had a similar impression about the MSC shows. We find them entertaining and certainly more fun than being behind a desk at the office.

We got the picture as to why the sets are somewhat elaborate but not necessarily lavish when we took the “behind the scenes” visit on Splendida. The spaces he artists have to work, change and deal with the decor is surprisingly tight. For example, we were 12 guests during the visit of the dressing area and were (politely) jockeying for standing room. We highly recommend that visit; it also goes on to the galleys and other crew areas.

Interesting to know. We did notice that the stage is much smaller too compared to Royal's Oasis and Quantum class ships.

I remember being taught in school that you multliply the Celsius figure by 2, then add 32 to arrive at Fahrenheit. I've since heard that you add 30 - but it gives a rough guide either way. Just reverse the process for Fahrenheit to Celcius.

Day 4 St. Maarten:

Beautiful day this morning in St. Maarten. Having breakfast up at the grill in the YC pool area. The last few days we have missed breakfast completely due to sleeping in. Today, we actually set an alarm to get off the ship before it gets too hot.

YC grill breakfast offerings:

fba85c9d3088805a92e3b38753440992.jpg43e327039cc9f958dfeb813a3a0c9569.jpgd34432163cfdf936b1acbef693a85eb5.jpg4ff8843b7e4e9354eba88fbca22e0e41.jpg60c820b0b2629310d3ebfbacae2e02c8.jpg37e88f702a78b5b72e3dba79e1e707da.jpg

I remember being taught in school that you multliply the Celsius figure by 2, then add 32 to arrive at Fahrenheit. I've since heard that you add 30 - but it gives a rough guide either way. Just reverse the process for Fahrenheit to Celcius.

My "go to" process has always been: double the Celsius, subtract 10%, and add 32. Always comes out within 1° of Fahrenheit. :)