Come Sail Away With Us…LIVE from the MSC Seaside (Yacht Club) …July 21-28, 2018

Lovetocruise2002

Thank you so much for this scope which clarifies a lot! I was wondering, the doors you went through to show access to the cabins were both on the starboard side. Is there a door (multiple doors?) to the port side cabins - e.g. under that set of stairs you showed?

I did another scope for the port side, hopefully this is more clear.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bii4ijF4TlFhYVJPT2V3UWJ8MUJkeFlvVnBnUGxHWNNDgHsBdzSOoh4iXI_WZFh9IGg_Q4e5qxuvDNKI7DZO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our room is 18 port side. I'm thinking we might like starboard side better since we would be closer to restaurant/lounge areas. If someone is all the way forward port side yc room do they have to walk ALL the way around to get to the restaurant? is there elevators or stairs forward port side? The deckplans for msc seaside are so terrible. it looks like on port side you could walk right to the restaurant or lounge from portside hallway.

Thanks again. Your blog and scopes have been great.

Our room is 18 port side. I'm thinking we might like starboard side better since we would be closer to restaurant/lounge areas. If someone is all the way forward port side yc room do they have to walk ALL the way around to get to the restaurant? is there elevators or stairs forward port side? The deckplans for msc seaside are so terrible. it looks like on port side you could walk right to the restaurant or lounge from portside hallway.

Yes, I'm pretty sure they would. I will take a walk there now to be sure.

So very forward port side rooms on deck 16/18 have no access to the lounge/restaurant area. The only access to the lounge/restaurant area is through the main hallway that you see in the scopes.

We originally booked on Deck 18 and moved to deck 16 because we were afraid we would hear deck chairs and movement up on the pool deck early in the morning. I am glad to have made this move now that I am on board.

I can't wait to get home so I can properly sit down to watch the scopes (or maybe I should just shut my office door, lol). Thank you so much for all the info you have given us. I'm particularly excited to see the signs about height restrictions etc. My oldest will be tall enough for the zipline, but man I don't think he's going to gain 15 lbs in a year? Maybe by the time the cruise is over, haha! Thanks again Sabrina.

Can't remember which thread this was in, but I did see someone say that there was a 'secret' door that went directly to the restaurant from the port side of 18 (we are booked there too on Seaview). Wonder if this is true!

I can't wait to get home so I can properly sit down to watch the scopes (or maybe I should just shut my office door, lol). Thank you so much for all the info you have given us. I'm particularly excited to see the signs about height restrictions etc. My oldest will be tall enough for the zipline, but man I don't think he's going to gain 15 lbs in a year? Maybe by the time the cruise is over, haha! Thanks again Sabrina.

Lol! I am currently trying to get my 10 year old to grow 3 inches by March so she can ride the flow rider on Harmony of the Seas. I get it [emoji6]

Edited by Lovetocruise2002

It was $49 a person and 2.5 to 3 hours for the tour.

Sometime during the week can you find out if there is a ship tour and how / when the best way to sign up for it is, as well as cost. On Princess it’s called the “Ultimate Ship Tour”. I’ve seen references to the MSC version being called “behind the scenes” or “behind the magic” but no details how to sign up and associated costs. Thanks so much!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

It was $49 a person and 2.5 to 3 hours for the tour.

Lol! Frank, you just beat me to it! I just sat down here in the lounge and was going to report back on that. It is $49pp and includes most areas except the bridge and engine room.

Only access to lounge and restaurant is on the starboard side hallway. If you are forward port you will have to walk aft and cut across where the stairs are to starboard side hallway. All in all it wont be more than 100 ft of walking aft. If your cabin is aft of the stairs and elevator in yacht club you can just cross over to the starboard side hallway. Hope this helps.

You are missing sail away. The wing outside of the lounge is great to watch the pier runners :)

Glad i can still help out. Wishing i was sitting in lounge right now instead of back to the grind of the real world!

Lol! Frank, you just beat me to it! I just sat down here in the lounge and was going to report back on that. It is $49pp and includes most areas except the bridge and engine room.

You are missing sail away. The wing outside of the lounge is great to watch the pier runners :)

Glad i can still help out. Wishing i was sitting in lounge right now instead of back to the grind of the real world!

Too funny! Hubby just texted me warning me to start looking for pier runners. Sailaway is at 4pm today. All aboard at 3:30pm.

Thank so much Sabrina for such a thorough walk through of the Seaside! It looks great. We have never stayed in a suite, so I have no comparisons to make with RCCL. I can't wait to read your next live review!

Mariner of the Seas...3 weeks...stayed tuned! Need to get all my cruising in before I'm back in the classroom [emoji6]

Got to start getting ready with a nice cocktail in one hand.

On another note, my son had a great time on seaside but it seemed to my wife and i that he has a better time on oasis class ships. Dont know the reason why, could be the familiarity with oasis class as he has been on oasis and allure for at least 8 sailings. While this is his first seaside cruise, so he is a little more apprehensive in getting out and about.

The second week he hung out with mom and I in the top sail lounge a lot. Told him to go and play with other kids in pool area and what not but he wasn't interested. He would rather stay with me in top sail lounge. On oasis class i would only run into him here and there and he would not spend time sitting in the suite lounge with parental units.

How do you think your kid or kids would like top sail? I figured that the top sail would be boring as heck for anyone 18 and younger. I mean he loved the service that yc gave him but i figure top sail is pretty boring for a young adult.

Well have fun with the watching of the pier runners.

BTW how was the line returning to the pier through san juan port security. We waited close to half an hour to get past security to walk onto pier. It was a mess in returning to the ship in san juan.

Too funny! Hubby just texted me warning me to start looking for pier runners. Sailaway is at 4pm today. All aboard at 3:30pm.

Mariner of the Seas...3 weeks...stayed tuned! Need to get all my cruising in before I'm back in the classroom [emoji6]

Got to start getting ready with a nice cocktail in one hand.

On another note, my son had a great time on seaside but it seemed to my wife and i that he has a better time on oasis class ships. Dont know the reason why, could be the familiarity with oasis class as he has been on oasis and allure for at least 8 sailings. While this is his first seaside cruise, so he is a little more apprehensive in getting out and about.

The second week he hung out with mom and I in the top sail lounge a lot. Told him to go and play with other kids in pool area and what not but he wasn't interested. He would rather stay with me in top sail lounge. On oasis class i would only run into him here and there and he would not spend time sitting in the suite lounge with parental units.

How do you think your kid or kids would like top sail? I figured that the top sail would be boring as heck for anyone 18 and younger. I mean he loved the service that yc gave him but i figure top sail is pretty boring for a young adult.

Well have fun with the watching of the pier runners.

BTW how was the line returning to the pier through san juan port security. We waited close to half an hour to get past security to walk onto pier. It was a mess in returning to the ship in san juan.

I think my girls (10/12 soon) would love the pools and slides here. They would be bored in the YC areas. And they are creatures of habit. How old is your son?

We got off to an early start today and got back on the ship around 11am. Lines were minimal then. Will post more about the day later after hubby sends me the San Juan pics.

Excellent review, thank you for taking the time to detail and answer others questions! We are booked YC in Feb 2019 and this will be our first time sailing MSC. My question pertains to dinner choices. If there are two entrees that seem appealing to a guest, will the servers allow you to order two entrees? I have seen this done on other lines, it may be a silly question however as we are new to MSC and this is a non-US line, I figured I would ask.

Thanks again for all the details and the scopes.

Excellent review, thank you for taking the time to detail and answer others questions! We are booked YC in Feb 2019 and this will be our first time sailing MSC. My question pertains to dinner choices. If there are two entrees that seem appealing to a guest, will the servers allow you to order two entrees? I have seen this done on other lines, it may be a silly question however as we are new to MSC and this is a non-US line, I figured I would ask.

Thanks again for all the details and the scopes.

We have ordered multiple entrees and appetizers each night [emoji6]

My question pertains to dinner choices. If there are two entrees that seem appealing to a guest, will the servers allow you to order two entrees?

Yes. We did this multiple times.

You can even order 2 of the same thing...

4Wzq9B6CQD.JPG

Two lobster tails and Coke....it's like NCL's kryptonite. ;p

Yes. We did this multiple times.

You can even order 2 of the same thing...

4Wzq9B6CQD.JPG

Two lobster tails and Coke....it's like NCL's kryptonite. ;p

Arthur always affectionately refers to that as “Lobster, lobster!” (Much better than Little Caesar’s “Pizza, pizza.”)

My son is also a creature of habit. He is 12 turning 13 in about 4 months.

Well he did like the water slides the first week but he had friends onboard then. Although he refused to do the teens club. We had a great time bowling and doing the F1 simulator. Though the 5d experience is fun, we did not find it to be worth the price.

What is your next cruise after mariner in 3 weeks time? We will be on allure in oct.

I think my girls (10/12 soon) would love the pools and slides here. They would be bored in the YC areas. And they are creatures of habit. How old is your son?

We got off to an early start today and got back on the ship around 11am. Lines were minimal then. Will post more about the day later after hubby sends me the San Juan pics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk