Come Sail Away With Us…LIVE from the MSC Seaside (Yacht Club) …July 21-28, 2018

Lovetocruise2002

Congrats on your POTW! Tell hubby his patience was rewarded! Your blog and scopes, however, have me in a bit of a quandary. We’re booked in an Aurea suite but it really seems YC may be the way to go on this ship. Trouble is our booking is Thanksgiving week and YC is currently sold out. Final pmts are due 8/19 so maybe I waitlist for YC hoping a cabin opens. If YC doesn’t open guess I need to decide whether Aurea will be ok. First World problems I know but any opinion on this after your experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congrats on your POTW! Tell hubby his patience was rewarded! Your blog and scopes, however, have me in a bit of a quandary. We’re booked in an Aurea suite but it really seems YC may be the way to go on this ship. Trouble is our booking is Thanksgiving week and YC is currently sold out. Final pmts are due 8/19 so maybe I waitlist for YC hoping a cabin opens. If YC doesn’t open guess I need to decide whether Aurea will be ok. First World problems I know but any opinion on this after your experience?

Lol! Hubby didn't even know what POTW was until last night! He is awesome though. I have no idea where he gets his patience from. And then there's my two daughters too. [emoji38]

Anyway, I've actually been thinking of you knowing that you are booked in Aurea. With that experience, it is my understanding that you still have the deluxe drink package included plus gelato. You would be in the MDR, which I have heard from quite a few of my friends and my parents, all who have sailed Seaside before me, that it is still ok. And you also have access to the spa. There is also a private sundeck with a bar for Aurea guests. I will do a scope of that tomorrow for you. I was there, just to look around, on the second sea day, and it was not too crowded.

I will say the same as I did early with Bugsy, keep checking for openings in YC. They pop up. Even for our sailing, I noticed one or two popped up after final payment and even a few weeks prior to the cruise.

Here’s a suggestion that worked for us in the past. On the online TA website I use, I did a YC search for a room for more that 2 people and several staterooms became available that weren’t there before. When I’d switch back to 2 passengers, they’d disappear. I called my TA and he saw the same thing on his computer. So, he booked the room for three and then went right back in and canceled the third passenger. We had the YC room we needed! Probably a long shot, but worth a try.

Here’s a suggestion that worked for us in the past. On the online TA website I use, I did a YC search for a room for more that 2 people and several staterooms became available that weren’t there before. When I’d switch back to 2 passengers, they’d disappear. I called my TA and he saw the same thing on his computer. So, he booked the room for three and then went right back in and canceled the third passenger. We had the YC room we needed! Probably a long shot, but worth a try.

I see the app messed up and didn’t quote the post I selected. My response was supposed to be for the person trying to find a stateroom in YC. Sorry.

Lol! Hubby didn't even know what POTW was until last night! He is awesome though. I have no idea where he gets his patience from. And then there's my two daughters too. [emoji38]

Anyway, I've actually been thinking of you knowing that you are booked in Aurea. With that experience, it is my understanding that you still have the deluxe drink package included plus gelato. You would be in the MDR, which I have heard from quite a few of my friends and my parents, all who have sailed Seaside before me, that it is still ok. And you also have access to the spa. There is also a private sundeck with a bar for Aurea guests. I will do a scope of that tomorrow for you. I was there, just to look around, on the second sea day, and it was not too crowded.

I will say the same as I did early with Bugsy, keep checking for openings in YC. They pop up. Even for our sailing, I noticed one or two popped up after final payment and even a few weeks prior to the cruise.

We just upgraded for our October sailing. As the payment date came close a few cabins opened up. So definitely keep an eye on it!

Oh darn - the appetizers did not meet my "picky appetite" but the drink looks great! What kind is it? BTW do you see my same excuse for everything aside for desserts and adult beverages? it is my story and I am sticking to it;);)

I didn't get any apps either. Hubby got some sushi. The drink is a cosmo. [emoji4]

Quote(Do they play music at the YC pool? Sorry for all the questions - I have been teetering on whether to keep my Seaside booking but you sure do make it look like we should!! Thank you for all of your info! [emoji4])

I was wondering about the pool music too. No music at all now? When we went in June, they played spa type instrumental music near the YC pool. When a group brought in their own loud modern music, they turned off the spa music rather than asking them to turn off their private music. We didn’t mind, and aren’t the complaining type anyway - but I don’t think everyone liked it. It made me wish they had a balance of no music, spa music and perhaps an hour of a louder type in the afternoon - and there should def not be private music allowed to be played.

is it possible to get a picture of Arthur?? if not too much trouble

You need to see him live to do it justice [emoji6]

Quote(Do they play music at the YC pool? Sorry for all the questions - I have been teetering on whether to keep my Seaside booking but you sure do make it look like we should!! Thank you for all of your info! [emoji4])

I was wondering about the pool music too. No music at all now? When we went in June, they played spa type instrumental music near the YC pool. When a group brought in their own loud modern music, they turned off the spa music rather than asking them to turn off their private music. We didn’t mind, and aren’t the complaining type anyway - but I don’t think everyone liked it. It made me wish they had a balance of no music, spa music and perhaps an hour of a louder type in the afternoon - and there should def not be private music allowed to be played.

Maybe there is and I just didn't notice??

So...tonight's show...Fly...was more of the variety style show that has been typical this past week. Nothing really stood out from tonight's performance. There was some singing, dancing, ballroom dancing, more aerial work, and gymnastics. Again, not really a story line. Just a collection of acts put together. Here are some pics and scopes from tonight you can get a feel for it.

95245f3070804e7382bde8a4d458ef56.jpg

74eb3e8c588de63e1edd307be77e173b.jpg

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bip88TF4TlFhYVJPT2V3UWJ8MVlwS2tMb2R2d01HauJEBxRrtBrBwW66Q-CbbGyVIaPUJzEfTBez1M4-WgAo

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bip9mjF4TlFhYVJPT2V3UWJ8MU93R1dXdlBWVm5HUXqYV-DwSc2OCRg8c3XlP452YBpxhFwl7umYKJprK9eB

Thanks for sharing. I wonder why msc doesn't mix it up a bit with their shows and have atleast one with a solid story. We saw jersey boys on the ncl bliss (which was amazing)...msc doesn't even look like it comes close.

Was there any comedy shows you saw?

Thanks for sharing. I wonder why msc doesn't mix it up a bit with their shows and have atleast one with a solid story. We saw jersey boys on the ncl bliss (which was amazing)...msc doesn't even look like it comes close.

Was there any comedy shows you saw?

I agree because I am use to RCL shows where there usually is a solid story or at least some sort of story. Hubby doesn't mind it. He finds it entertaining. By night 6, I find it a bit repetitive.

We did something tonight that we NEVER do at home....we are eating a snack after dinner before bed....

1c31292ccaad03ef7cdfe788793d3b7c.jpg6e8d21c81a7c08000972d3dbf60c5b59.jpg

And yes...it is super good!! Way better than Sorrentos! Oh and those cookies were delivered by Jeannot, our butler. [emoji4]

Order 4 cheese with 2xpepperoni, 2xsausage and ham! Meat lovers and very good. We had it for like 6 nights (I have a hungry 12 yr old).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Order 4 cheese with 2xpepperoni, 2xsausage and ham! Meat lovers and very good. We had it for like 6 nights (I have a hungry 12 yr old).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No way! I feel terrible after eating 2 pepperoni slices. It was worth it though. I basically had to try it from all I have heard from you Frank! [emoji6]

We saw jersey boys on the ncl bliss (which was amazing)...msc doesn't even look like it comes close.

Does NCL offer Cirque Du Soleil at Sea on one of their ships ? MSC Cruises has managed to secure a partnership with Cirque Du Soleil like MGM Resorts International in Las Vegas. Cirque Du Soleil at Sea is currently on MSC Meraviglia and on MSC Bellissima & MSC Grandiosa in the near future.

Does NCL offer Cirque Du Soleil at Sea on one of their ships ? MSC Cruises has managed to secure a partnership with Cirque Du Soleil like MGM Resorts International in Las Vegas. Cirque Du Soleil at Sea is currently on MSC Meraviglia and on MSC Bellissima & MSC Grandiosa in the near future.
they might, not on the last 3 NCL ships I've sailed on though but it's possible thats changed. Should I be hopeful that cirque will come to Seaside? (I sail next year)

they might, not on the last 3 NCL ships I've sailed on though but it's possible thats changed. Should I be hopeful that cirque will come to Seaside? (I sail next year)

It was a rethorical question since it is very unlikely that Cirque Du Soleil will partner with another cruise line. The theatre “Carousel Lounge” is on Meraviglia-Class ships.