Come Sail Away With Us…LIVE from the MSC Seaside (Yacht Club) …July 21-28, 2018

Lovetocruise2002

Some final thoughts as I sit here by the pool, trying to soak up the last day.

This ship is beautiful! If you like mirrors, chrome, and glass, then this is your ship. If you prefer the more rustic or vintage look, then maybe not. The ship is clean. Very clean. There are constantly people wiping and cleaning all over the ship.

There is greater mix of cultures on this ship compare to RCL and DCL ships that we have sailed in the past. The ship sailed full this week. There were tons of children on board, both in the YC and outside of it. Typical of summer sailings. Kids are kids, I get that, I am a teacher and a parent, however, I was appalled by some of the behaviours that I witnessed this week. In talking to other passengers, I was not the only one who shared this thinking.

The service here in the YC cannot be matched by any other line. Both in the lounge and up on Deck 19, there are constantly butlers and servers coming around to check on you, not just for drink orders but to get you food, cutlery, you name it and they will get it. Plates and cups disappear as soon as you push it aside. I did not grow up like this, so part of me felt terrible to be waited on like this.

Food is very subjective. We have had no bad meals, however, I still prefer the food in Coastal Kitchen. I thought that CK was consistently better in presentation and flavours. This would not stop me from booking YC again though. Arthur is by far, the best and most entertaining waiter that I have come across on any cruise!

The "ship within a ship" concept of the YC is genius. You really could just stay here the whole time if you wanted to. RCL needs to step it up to compete with this on a Suites level.

I did not love the shows. They were entertaining but repetitive. I think I would still give RCL the edge on this one, especially the OA class ships.

If you are looking for where you money goes the furthest, then the answer is clearly here in YC. If you are looking at the overall package, then MSC still might still need to improve a few things to match other lines. We have had zero regrets with this sailing and we have had the most wonderful time. I certainly would not write off the YC in the future. I personally think that if you come on board looking for RCL or Celebrity etc., then you will be disappointed because MSC is not. But if you come on board with an open mind, then you will enjoy your experience. It is an excellent alternative if you are looking for something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the review have really enjoyed reading your comments. We are looking forward to our first cruise on MSC this fall. We have usually cruised carnival and wonder if you could comment on the difference if you have cruised Carnival that is. We will not be in the YC so just the general overview of the regular parts of the ship. Thank you so much.

Taking this cruise next May. Looking forward to YC. Been on 6 NCL cruises 5 in the Haven but it seems to be going up significantly in price with no change in amenities and quite a bit more crowded.

Yep. I could hve written your post.

Last several cruises were NCL Haven

Next May first MSC YC

As a former teacher it is soooo hard not to correct bad behaviors. In May we were on a RCCL ship, sitting on the stair area by the Flowrider & slides. There was a family speaking another language near us on the other side of the seating area, completely ignoring their young girl playing in front of them. She was maybe 4, 5? My stomach cringes as I type this, remembering it. The deck area was really wet, and had puddles. The young girl was taking a toy, one of those squishy toys that you play with in the pool, that absorbs water & you can squeeze it out? I think they float? Well anyway, this young girl was wiping the toy on the deck, in the water, soaking it up and sucking on it! OMG!!!! The older people in the group looked at her a couple times, and DIDN'T STOP HER. The people who looked to be of age to be her parents never looked at her once. On the other side of me was a woman, in maybe her 60s. I looked over at her to see if she was witnessing the same thing as me, and she was just sitting there with her mouth open, not believing it either. My mother-in-law, who was behind me but looking the other way talking to someone, turned and saw it, and immediately tried to get the girl's attention and told her to stop. As the child probably didn't speak English, she didn't acknowledge my MIL. I looked at the woman next to me, and we were silently trying to communicate what should we do (as my MIL was calling out to her) when the family got up and walked away. She did this for what seemed like forever, which was probably only 5-10 minutes. I'm shuddering thinking about what that child ingested.

As a former teacher it is soooo hard not to correct bad behaviors. In May we were on a RCCL ship, sitting on the stair area by the Flowrider & slides. There was a family speaking another language near us on the other side of the seating area, completely ignoring their young girl playing in front of them. She was maybe 4, 5? My stomach cringes as I type this, remembering it. The deck area was really wet, and had puddles. The young girl was taking a toy, one of those squishy toys that you play with in the pool, that absorbs water & you can squeeze it out? I think they float? Well anyway, this young girl was wiping the toy on the deck, in the water, soaking it up and sucking on it! OMG!!!! The older people in the group looked at her a couple times, and DIDN'T STOP HER. The people who looked to be of age to be her parents never looked at her once. On the other side of me was a woman, in maybe her 60s. I looked over at her to see if she was witnessing the same thing as me, and she was just sitting there with her mouth open, not believing it either. My mother-in-law, who was behind me but looking the other way talking to someone, turned and saw it, and immediately tried to get the girl's attention and told her to stop. As the child probably didn't speak English, she didn't acknowledge my MIL. I looked at the woman next to me, and we were silently trying to communicate what should we do (as my MIL was calling out to her) when the family got up and walked away. She did this for what seemed like forever, which was probably only 5-10 minutes. I'm shuddering thinking about what that child ingested.

Relax! - What doesn’t kill you makes you strong...:')

Thanks a million Sabrina for the fantastic job you have done with your blog and scopes and we agree the YC experience is second to none and much more affordable. I agree with you that with kids RCL is better than MSC. Enjoy your last day and safe travels home and i will look for your blog in 3 weeks. GREAT JOB !!!!!!!

What time did you walk off? We are planning to disembark around 8:15-8:30am.

We walked off close to 1015 and it was empty at baggage areas but customs was crazy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks again for doing review...We are sailing in regular balcony this September with "bella" so much of what you reviewed won't really apply to us (this time!), but still nice to hear about how the people behind the glass doors live! (our cruise is so inexpensive it will be the cheapest cruise we have ever taken...so I don't feel bad about not getting all the perks...but we are black elite and got basic drink package).

I still can't believe they put "x food might may or may not be served fully cooked". ("can I please have that pork not fully cooked!")

What time is your flight?

We haven't booked our flights yet, and trying to decide timing...we always carry off our bags (only each bring a small roller bag and a backpack), and we usually book early flights and are first off the ship. (we made 9:00 flight last year sailing with Celebrity...but we don't check bags and have pre-check...and were still almost an hour early to gate)

Safe travels home!

Flight is at 12pm. Thanks for following! I tried to scope as many YC areas as I could [emoji4]

Thanks a million Sabrina for the fantastic job you have done with your blog and scopes and we agree the YC experience is second to none and much more affordable. I agree with you that with kids RCL is better than MSC. Enjoy your last day and safe travels home and i will look for your blog in 3 weeks. GREAT JOB !!!!!!!

Thanks riclop!! Thank you for following. I'll be sailing Mariner of the Seas next on August 13, but you will have to look for me over on the message boards at Royal Caribbean Blog. That's my home blogging base [emoji6]same Periscope handle though.

Both times for us we left YC around 8:00 or so and it was about 35 to 40 minutes to being in our car in the parking garage. Pretty smooth getting to the bags, but then some waiting in line for customs.

John

Thanks John! I really need to move to Florida when I retire! I would love to just be able to hop in the car and drive home.

Thank you for the review have really enjoyed reading your comments. We are looking forward to our first cruise on MSC this fall. We have usually cruised carnival and wonder if you could comment on the difference if you have cruised Carnival that is. We will not be in the YC so just the general overview of the regular parts of the ship. Thank you so much.

I have only cruise Carnival once in my whole life, in 2003, I cannot remember much from that cruise other than I never want to cruise Carnival again lol. However, there is a really good blog by Deb Shinder, she is a long time Carnival cruiser. Google "going places with deb" and you will find a really good blog about the Seaside vs Carnival .

Have enjoyed your review and especially the scopes. This will be very helpful to those wondering what YC is all about. Enjoy the last night and safe travels home.

Thank you for following along.

We walked off close to 1015 and it was empty at baggage areas but customs was crazy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Oh that's right! They had to drag you off! [emoji12]

thanks for taking all the time to describe the cruise. Interesting that you say you would probably take RCCL over MSC, I am thinking the deciding vote was the entertainment. I was on Oasis in March, first time in a long time and was quite disappointed, but it was regular cabin, non suite. I felt it was main stream, food choices limited , all buffets closed at 9 pm or so, service in general uncaring. I was on YC last November on Divina and look forward to my Fall cruise in YC again

thanks for taking all the time to describe the cruise. Interesting that you say you would probably take RCCL over MSC, I am thinking the deciding vote was the entertainment. I was on Oasis in March, first time in a long time and was quite disappointed, but it was regular cabin, non suite. I felt it was main stream, food choices limited , all buffets closed at 9 pm or so, service in general uncaring. I was on YC last November on Divina and look forward to my Fall cruise in YC again

Several factors play into it when I would sway towards RCL..if I was with my kids, they would likely prefer the entertainment on RCL over MSC. Cabins also play a role. There is not much cabin variety in YC. Also, while Seaside is a great ship (not a boat), I cannot help but miss venues like the Aqua Theatre and Central Park. But like I said, value wise, this is the clear winner. And given the right situation in the future, I would most definitely not write off a future cruise on MSC again. But if you are one that prefers service over all else, then MSC YC is the place to be.

Thanks for the Deck 19 sundeck scope! Seems like a nice and quiet space. I assume it’s adult-only? I did, by the way,wait list for YC and the Aurea far aft cabins with wraparound balconies. We’ll see after final pmt day what becomes available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the Deck 19 sundeck scope! Seems like a nice and quiet space. I assume it’s adult-only? I did, by the way,wait list for YC and the Aurea far aft cabins with wraparound balconies. We’ll see after final pmt day what becomes available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question....I'm assuming so...but cannot confirm

I want to thank you for taking the time Sabrina for your blogs and scopes. You did such a great job that I booked the royal suite on September 22. ( don’t tell Matt ).

I have never strayed so I am a little

nervous! Have a safe trip home and am looking forward to your Mariner scopes. I’m going on the 24 so I look forward to your input!

I want to thank you for taking the time Sabrina for your blogs and scopes. You did such a great job that I booked the royal suite on September 22. ( don’t tell Matt ).

I have never strayed so I am a little

nervous! Have a safe trip home and am looking forward to your Mariner scopes. I’m going on the 24 so I look forward to your input!

Oh no! What will Matt say?! Lol. It's ok, John said it's ok to try different lines. Who are you on Periscope? I want to make sure I follow you to your scopes. I'll be back in the classroom and in post cruise depression by time you sail. You will love it!