Come Sail Away With Us…LIVE from the MSC Seaside (Yacht Club) …July 21-28, 2018

Lovetocruise2002

We never once felt any pressure to tip extra. What was different from other lines also, is that we never once felt pressured to leave a good review on the survey. We did however tip extra to a few butlers and bartenders in the YC who we thought were outstanding. We also tipped a few in the restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Plus you get to use the nice thick yc towels compared to a regular pool towel.

I'm guessing Lovetocruise is enroute to the airport. There are tons of loungers at the One Pool. Absolutely no reason to have a "guaranteed seat"! There are towels, towels, and more towels, plus two in your stateroom. No need to check out or in. The pool attendants will put towels down on the padded loungers once you have chosen where you want to be. There was no need for "chair hogs" and I didn't notice any on my cruise. Everyone was very civilized. :D

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

This week went by way too fast! The pool lounger and towel situation is exactly as gimletgal described. If you are dying for a chair right by the pool then it might be hard to come by on a sea day. Otherwise, plenty of space always. And they don't scan your card like Royal for towels.

Thank you! And regretfully, I did not see Vishnu again so I did not have a chance to ask KF he will be on in 7 weeks time.

Thanks for following Ellceee! And the pasta was delicious. It was actually the desserts that were a bit disappointing this week. But all in all, a great time!

On oasis and allure when staying in sky class they haven't scanned our seapass for towels. Though i wish royal did have nicer pool towels like yc doesl

We never once felt any pressure to tip extra. What was different from other lines also, is that we never once felt pressured to leave a good review on the survey. We did however tip extra to a few butlers and bartenders in the YC who we thought were outstanding. We also tipped a few in the restaurant.

No one even hinted at a tip and the yc bulter, bartenders and wait staff defintley got extra at the end of each week. I have never had such great service on any cruise before yc.

I loved your review Lovetocruise2002. Seemed like i was still on the ship in the top sail lounge through you posts. It has helped me deal with the post yc withdrawals. Hope to meet you on a future msc or royal cruise.

Another difference in the yc is there were a lot less pretentious and needy people compared to suite lounge on royal. Don't know what it is but people seemed more friendly and down to earth? Not saying that everyone we have met in suite lounge on royal is needy but seemed like cruisers were friendlier in top sail. You will always get the entitled person on any cruise. To my wife and i seemed that the cruuisers in top sail were more laid back and chill.

Edited by frank808

Thanks for your very detailed review! Wish I didn't have to wait so long for my upcoming YC cruise. Really looking forward to it.

I hope you're planning to do a review of your YC experience, and post it in the MSC forum. I'll be really interested in hearing from a regular X cruiser.

As others have said many times, thank you for such a fun & detailed review. I am debating now moving up from our Bella Balcony Gty to an Inside YC. But I am torn as we do enjoy a lot of quiet time in our room and on the balcony and the inside YC cabins look smaller than regular balconies.... Oh, decisions, decisions.

Morgsmom...we sailed YC in an inside cabin. First timer for us in the YC. We've sailed in aft suites on other lines (love the views of the wake)...so it was a test for us to see how we'd like it. We did miss the balcony a little bit, but to be honest, there were tons of spaces up on deck where you could have peace and quiet most of the time during the trip. We had a smaller budget to work with on this one, but it was well worth it to be in an inside in the YC vs a nicer cabin outside YC. My favorite time to be up there was after 6pm...most of the time we had the whole space to ourselves except for one or two folks. As far as interior space in the inside...it was small and if I were to do it over again I would probably pack less (major overpacker here :D). I would sail one again though...it forced us out of the cabin more. (hope that helps!)

On oasis and allure when staying in sky class they haven't scanned our seapass for towels. Though i wish royal did have nicer pool towels like yc doesl

Yes, on Harmony they did not scan up on the suite sundeck either. I was thinking of the main pool decks when replying earlier. Or did you mean that on Oasis and Allure they never scanned at all for any pool deck?

I've been enjoying your posts and scopes! It'll be and my mom on in December in the YC so I appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience.

No worries! That is the wonderful thing about a live blog. A great resource to learn and share from each other.

I loved your review Lovetocruise2002. Seemed like i was still on the ship in the top sail lounge through you posts. It has helped me deal with the post yc withdrawals. Hope to meet you on a future msc or royal cruise.

Another difference in the yc is there were a lot less pretentious and needy people compared to suite lounge on royal. Don't know what it is but people seemed more friendly and down to earth? Not saying that everyone we have met in suite lounge on royal is needy but seemed like cruisers were friendlier in top sail. You will always get the entitled person on any cruise. To my wife and i seemed that the cruuisers in top sail were more laid back and chill.

I most definitely hope we cross paths one day Frank! It will be fun to share Arthur stories. We took a page out of your book and gave him our bubbly too. I am glad I helped you deal with post cruise depression, who will help me with mine now? [emoji17]. I think I have problems...I fell asleep on the plane earlier and dreamt of Arthur and dinner in the Top Sail Restaurant. Sadly, we came home tonight and ate out of styrofoam containers instead. And there was no Arthur.

I know exactly what you mean about needy people in the suite lounge on RCL. And I agree, there was not much of that this past week in YC.

Thanks for your very detailed review! Wish I didn't have to wait so long for my upcoming YC cruise. Really looking forward to it.

Thanks for following!

As others have said many times, thank you for such a fun & detailed review. I am debating now moving up from our Bella Balcony Gty to an Inside YC. But I am torn as we do enjoy a lot of quiet time in our room and on the balcony and the inside YC cabins look smaller than regular balconies.... Oh, decisions, decisions.

I would say it is an easy decision. If you can make the YC experience happen, you absolutely should do it. I agree with jvalentine, that there are many spaces to enjoy private time. I was in the lounge most of the week and it never felt crowded. We had a balcony but barely used it this time as there was no table out there.

If you can do it , YC definitely.

I hope you're planning to do a review of your YC experience, and post it in the MSC forum. I'll be really interested in hearing from a regular X cruiser.

I'll be happy to share my experience. Sadly, my YC cruise is not until November 2019, so you will have to be patient. My sister, who is also a long-time Celebrity cruiser has cruised in the YC twice and absolutely raves about it. So I expect good things. I cancelled a Celebrity Sky suite at $8,000+ to do this cruise at a tad less than $2,000. No single supplement. Couldn't turn that bargain down. I suspect the cabins are approximately the same size. The ship within a ship concept really appeals to me.

Yes, on Harmony they did not scan up on the suite sundeck either. I was thinking of the main pool decks when replying earlier. Or did you mean that on Oasis and Allure they never scanned at all for any pool deck?

No worries! That is the wonderful thing about a live blog. A great resource to learn and share from each other.

I most definitely hope we cross paths one day Frank! It will be fun to share Arthur stories. We took a page out of your book and gave him our bubbly too. I am glad I helped you deal with post cruise depression, who will help me with mine now? [emoji17]. I think I have problems...I fell asleep on the plane earlier and dreamt of Arthur and dinner in the Top Sail Restaurant. Sadly, we came home tonight and ate out of styrofoam containers instead. And there was no Arthur.

I know exactly what you mean about needy people in the suite lounge on RCL. And I agree, there was not much of that this past week in YC.

Thanks for following!

I would say it is an easy decision. If you can make the YC experience happen, you absolutely should do it. I agree with jvalentine, that there are many spaces to enjoy private time. I was in the lounge most of the week and it never felt crowded. We had a balcony but barely used it this time as there was no table out there.

Yes on oasis and allure i could get towels at the towel stands near main pool or solarium. They were going to scan my seapass but as soon as they saw the purple card they said neber mind or told me not needed.

Glad you gave arthur the bubbly. I dont drink anything with carbonation and neither does my wife. I definitely was not packing 4 bottles back to hawaii. So i asked arthur if it is ok for him to take it (some management might not allow it) and he said no problem and he wont get in trouble. That solved my problem and couldnt think of a better waiter and asst we have EVER had in 30+ cruises with royal. Plus arthur and jovi served me breakfast, lunch and dinner almost every day.

Glad our observations, likes and dislikes about msc and royal are so similar. Would love to meet you and your husband and share stories about our royal and msc adventures. We will certainly cross paths one day as we cruise during my sons breaks also.

Yes on oasis and allure i could get towels at the towel stands near main pool or solarium. They were going to scan my seapass but as soon as they saw the purple card they said neber mind or told me not needed.

Glad you gave arthur the bubbly. I dont drink anything with carbonation and neither does my wife. I definitely was not packing 4 bottles back to hawaii. So i asked arthur if it is ok for him to take it (some management might not allow it) and he said no problem and he wont get in trouble. That solved my problem and couldnt think of a better waiter and asst we have EVER had in 30+ cruises with royal. Plus arthur and jovi served me breakfast, lunch and dinner almost every day.

Glad our observations, likes and dislikes about msc and royal are so similar. Would love to meet you and your husband and share stories about our royal and msc adventures. We will certainly cross paths one day as we cruise during my sons breaks also.

Sabrina, I think I mentioned earlier I planned to contact my TA about waitlisting a YC from Aurea for our Thanksgiving cruise. Well she hit me right back that 18030 was available. So, based solely on your scopes and this blog it looks like we’ll be enjoying the YC difference! My TA thanks you for the additional revenue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabrina, I think I mentioned earlier I planned to contact my TA about waitlisting a YC from Aurea for our Thanksgiving cruise. Well she hit me right back that 18030 was available. So, based solely on your scopes and this blog it looks like we’ll be enjoying the YC difference! My TA thanks you for the additional revenue!

Awesome!!! I am so happy that you were able to grab one! Enjoy it!! Your turn to scope [emoji6]

Awesome!!! I am so happy that you were able to grab one! Enjoy it!! Your turn to scope [emoji6]

I certainly will try and scope! We’ll have our two daughters (11&15) along so I’ll try to show some of the kid/teen areas. We’re more DCL cruisers than RCL so I expect less kid-focused activities than DCL but the girls are getting old enough they often like doing their own thing versus kid-stuff activities. We’ll see. I’m hoping the YC will seem like DCL Concierge Class to them which we could never afford.

I certainly will try and scope! We’ll have our two daughters (11&15) along so I’ll try to show some of the kid/teen areas. We’re more DCL cruisers than RCL so I expect less kid-focused activities than DCL but the girls are getting old enough they often like doing their own thing versus kid-stuff activities. We’ll see. I’m hoping the YC will seem like DCL Concierge Class to them which we could never afford.

I've never done DCL concierge class but I can tell you after 3 DCL cruises, YC food is way better, pizza is better, the outdoor water area is 100% better. IMO, the only thing that DCL does better is the shows. And I cannot comment on the teens area on either ship because I had no kids on MSC and my kids don't like Adventure Ocean or Oceaneer Club. But, I am beyond excited for you!

Hello,

It was great reading your review. I just wanted to know what the themes were and if people actually dressed up for them?

I'm afraid I did not venture too far out of the YC all week. Have a look at the daily programs that I posted for the themes. I will post the remaining 3 later this afternoon. Sorry I cannot comment much on this.

Thanks again for your reviews and periscopes. It was a wonderful experience for me as I impatiently await our cruise.

You're welcome! Thanks so much for following along! [emoji4]

This review was certainly outstanding.

I'm not as gifted as Lovetocruise2002 for scoping etc. but I'm willing to try. We will be on Preziosa, YC, from 25 August to 1st September. We will be happy to sniff around the ship to get information you may be interested in.