Come Sail Away With Us…LIVE from the MSC Seaside (Yacht Club) …July 21-28, 2018

Lovetocruise2002

Answers within your quote.....

Have you tried out any of the spa or thermal suite offerings?

We are not really spa people so we have not tried it yet. However, if you want to check out @john_blahnik on Periscope, he has a scope of the spa area. Also if you

What did you think of the clear-floor bridges?

They were interesting. We walked across both but it's a "once is enough" sort of thing. I wouldn't say it's a huge attraction that draws a crowd but definitely worth checking out.

It appears you’ve sailed RCCL the most but did mention Disney cruises in your past. How does this MSC cruise compare to your experiences on lines other than RCCL?

The food and service in the YC is better than Disney. And that is saying a lot because Disney takes pride in their customer service. I cannot comment on the kids club as I have steered clear of that area this week. DCL has better shows. All 3 times that we have sailed DCL, we have stayed in a deluxe family balcony cabin that sleeps 5. Our YC cabin, although slightly bigger in square footage, lacks the 2 bathrooms, which DCL has. That is huge when sailing with kids, IMO. The Seaside has the Aqua Park area which I personally think is better than both splash areas on DCL's fantasy and Dream. Also the slides here on the Seaside are better than the slides on DCL. And the most important, your money goes a whole lot further here on the Seaside compared to DCL.

Did you attend the CC M&M or the Black card part or when the officers visited YC? Any thoughts on these?

No comment as we slept in past all of them lol.

Thank you for your input and for the blog, photos, and scopes—so VERY helpful and makes us even more excited about our Dec YC cruise!

Glad to have helped [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm really enjoying the thread.

Question about the menus -- are there separate menus for YC or do they use the same menu as the MDR?

Thanks!

According to Arthur, the menus are completely different.

It is the same on RCL too, Coastal Kitchen (suites restaurant) also has different menu.

My wife says lobster is tastier than the ones she gets on royal. I can vouch that they are way bigger than the ones royal serves in coastal kitchen.

Day 6 - Sea Day

Got to bed pretty late last night. So far the cruise has been every bit as relaxing as I have wanted. I do not regret trying out the MSC Yacht Club experience. Today is the second formal/elegant night. I am excited to try out this lobster that everyone has raved about. Other than that, we have no real set plans other than relaxing and soaking in our last two days on board.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

According to Arthur, the menus are completely different.

It is the same on RCL too, Coastal Kitchen (suites restaurant) also has different menu.

Did you get to order a pizza for room service delivery? Best pizza at sea i have had!

If you have the space to eat a little more you might want to check out the buffet on deck 8 aft. I can say the penne with meat squce is good and the best chicken nuggets i have eaten at sea. More like chicken strips than nuggets. Ask arthur what is good in buffet. As he says, he knows ALL!

Lovetocruise2002, has it seemed crowded outside the YC? How is the YC area during your sea day? Do they play music at the YC pool? Sorry for all the questions - I have been teetering on whether to keep my Seaside booking but you sure do make it look like we should!! Thank you for all of your info! :)

Did you get to order a pizza for room service delivery? Best pizza at sea i have had!

If you have the space to eat a little more you might want to check out the buffet on deck 8 aft. I can say the penne with meat squce is good and the best chicken nuggets i have eaten at sea. More like chicken strips than nuggets. Ask arthur what is good in buffet. As he says, he knows ALL!

I have really been wanting to but we keep ending up too full! Need to see how it compares to Sorrentos [emoji12]

We tried the pizza in the Deck 8 buffet and thought that was pretty good but we really need to give this room service one a try.

So far, we've gone to the Deck 8 buffet twice. Both times the food was good but I found it a bit on the cold side.

Lovetocruise2002, has it seemed crowded outside the YC? How is the YC area during your sea day? Do they play music at the YC pool? Sorry for all the questions - I have been teetering on whether to keep my Seaside booking but you sure do make it look like we should!! Thank you for all of your info! :)

The nice thing about this ship is that there is a lot of areas around for seating. Therefore, it never really feels crowded. The pool deck is a whole other issue though.

Within the YC, it is never crowded. Sea day or not. There is plenty of room in the lounge and also up at the YC pool deck. I have not noticed music up by the YC pool.

If you are booked in the YC already, I would not cancel it. You definitely would not be wasting your money with this experience. It is well worth it.

When we did venture out, we stumbled across a very crowded pool on Deck 16...a9e10f6565aee42502a8dd1cb0388aa2.jpg1ae21026427a13a100b727957526e134.jpg

Then there was a belly flop competition featuring some of the most "fit" belly floppers that I have ever seen!

cdaa1f53f59c1e6a97ae70bacbb4b2d5.jpgfc28fc716a0adb4cecee73f5ef8f2002.jpg

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bioPJTF4TlFhYVJPT2V3UWJ8MWVhS2JWTExEcnZLWNmQR_itldNoFQXvnSOCtyu9CvFiQ5oJvs1MLHzWoAYP

After the belly flop contest, we decided to have lunch indoors as the sun was out in full force today. Lunch was at the Top Sail Restaurant of course where Arthur was a hoot as usual. Today there was no water or dessert for anyone who guessed that he older than he really was [emoji38]

abadd568e841c006c14d1d56fe4338ce.jpg741c0ff7f1b6ef53456eea46ee843c6d.jpg

Tempura with fries (because I was craving them):

49f9bbd607e933fe29ac99a109f61723.jpg

Tomato Bisque:

aa840b60445734bfa0e52876b8e0e236.jpg

Rigatoni: their pasta has been absolutely delicious this cruise. Both in the restaurant and up at the grill.

81d302538e18df90bbb2b09356e2b143.jpg

Clubhouse sandwich:

7ee276bdd6be9a5adba968916993b037.jpg

After the belly flop contest, we decided to have lunch indoors as the sun was out in full force today. Lunch was at the Top Sail Restaurant of course where Arthur was a hoot as usual. Today there was no water or dessert for anyone who guessed that he older than he really was [emoji38]

[

Too funny! Did he say how old he is?;)

Wow did not know it got that crowded out by the main pools. Just hung out in 16 and 19 mostly during the day. Ventured out in the early evenings so never really saw the crowds. On sea days we did not use the slides as we knew it would be busy. But the pics you posted opened my eyes to how crowded the pools were.

wow, your pics of the belly flop contest are amazing!!

[emoji328]all Hubby [emoji6]

Wow did not know it got that crowded out by the main pools. Just hung out in 16 and 19 mostly during the day. Ventured out in the early evenings so never really saw the crowds. On sea days we did not use the slides as we knew it would be busy. But the pics you posted opened my eyes to how crowded the pools were.

That pic alone makes YC worth it.

He did...what's your guess?

I guess 32 (originally I thought about 28, but then I seem to recall him saying he was on Princess before MSC). My husband guesses 35.

Would we get desert, or not?;p

I totally agree. Nice relaxing atmosphere with butlers attending your drink and snack needs. Wife and I spent many hours sitting and watching the sea go by.

You have to check out the spa and way less crowded on a port day or in the evening after 6pm. Awesome thalassotherapy tub, steam rooms, scented showers, heated stone loungers and a relaxing himalayan salt room. Went down there for an hour or two most days. The spa is the best i have been to at sea. I used the spa on this cruise more than all the other cruises combined. Can't wait to get back to use the spa again.

Most of the day has been spent in the Top Sail Lounge. Why would one want to leave this area when you have this:

894e5518e243bae979a6922897b232b7.jpg

Edited by frank808

I guess 32 (originally I thought about 28, but then I seem to recall him saying he was on Princess before MSC). My husband guesses 35.

Would we get desert, or not?;p

Yes he mentioned to us too a few days ago that he was on Princess first.

And yes, you would get dessert [emoji6]

After the belly flop contest, we decided to have lunch indoors as the sun was out in full force today. Lunch was at the Top Sail Restaurant of course where Arthur was a hoot as usual. Today there was no water or dessert for anyone who guessed that he older than he really was741c0ff7f1b6ef53456eea46ee843c6d.jpgRigatoni: their pasta has been absolutely delicious this cruise. Both in the restaurant and up at the grill.

Talk about killing 2 birds with one stone. You've made us jealous AND hungry!

(Sorry-I was able to delete all the pictures except the menu (???)

Also thank you so much for the scope of the port side of YC. So helpful.

No problem. I didn't realized until after the questions started coming that I should have scoped both sides in the first place.

I totally agree. Nice relaxing atmosphere with butlers attending your drink and snack needs. Wife and I spent many hours sitting and watching the sea go by.

That pretty much sums up my day so far [emoji4]

Talk about killing 2 birds with one stone. You've made us jealous AND hungry!

(Sorry-I was able to delete all the pictures except the menu (???)

It's ok Skid...you are forgiven [emoji6]

Hi Linda!

Thanks - I know these sites but they do not differentiate between the different docks (at least the sites I could find).

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/US_Virgin_Islands/620-Saint_Thomas/January_2019/

I have not found the site you list above to be reliable or accurate. I just Googled "cruise ship schedule for St. Thomas." First two sites that came up have the schedule and explain which dock the ship will be at. Didn't bother to review the other sites.

http://www.**********/cruise/ship-schedule/

https://stjohnsource.com/2018/07/23/cruise-ship-schedule-for-st-thomas-for-july-2018/

The asterisks are vinow dot com in case that link doesn't work.