Just off the Equinox...... ask away

AUPilot14

Thanks Kevin! I’m actually thinking of booking the same cruise last minute! Hoping to get a good deal our first night. Wondering if it’s better to wait to get on board. Doesn’t look like a full sailing as of now.

I've heard stories here on CC about more than 30% off on the first night, like two for one. However, on our last cruise on the Summit in January, I had to ask about four people over the course of a couple hours to get a $30 cover from $50 for QSine on the first night. As you wait longer, certain dining times may get filled as well.

I've never tried it, but there's room for bargaining on a first night dinner when you get on board (or check in if there's someone selling specialty meals on the dock). Most passengers are offered 30%, but Aqua Class passengers are generally offered 50% off. That means that the restaurant sales folks might just have some leeway...so it's a friendly negotiation to try to 50% off. Might work...might not.

Good luck....

I wouldn't be able to afford being an Aqua Class passenger (maybe someday!). I'll look into it on embarkation, thanks for the info.

I've heard stories here on CC about more than 30% off on the first night, like two for one. However, on our last cruise on the Summit in January, I had to ask about four people over the course of a couple hours to get a $30 cover from $50 for QSine on the first night. As you wait longer, certain dining times may get filled as well.

From the sounds of it, it is hit and miss and depends alot on the sailing. For some reason there seems to be a LOT of empty cabins on this sailing, I was debating between this one and Norwegian Jade where there is a major promo going on with the site I use to book. However, I've done Celebrity and I think they have a much better reputation. It would be very nice to get a 2 for 1 deal on the first night. I am mostly happy with main dining room but always wanted to try Murano or Tuscan Grille.

Hey there, I’m looking into a cruise on Equinox, was there a deal on specialty dining on embarkation day? I’m on a bit of a budget travelling with three others and would like to try Murano or Tuscan Grille but the prices are a bit too steep for us. Thanks!

Was 30% on night 1 when we ate at Tuscan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the sounds of it, it is hit and miss and depends alot on the sailing. For some reason there seems to be a LOT of empty cabins on this sailing, I was debating between this one and Norwegian Jade where there is a major promo going on with the site I use to book. However, I've done Celebrity and I think they have a much better reputation. It would be very nice to get a 2 for 1 deal on the first night. I am mostly happy with main dining room but always wanted to try Murano or Tuscan Grille.

How does one determine how many empty cabins there are on a ship?

How does one determine how many empty cabins there are on a ship?

I typically go on line and do a trial booking, although its not 100% reliable, you can get an idea of what cabins are available. This one seems to have a huge number of cabins especially balcony cabins. Wish we could predict when the prices drop to the lowest, as even if there are a lot of cabins, sooner or later they will raise the price and start upgrading the insides and oceanviews to balconies.

I typically go on line and do a trial booking, although its not 100% reliable, you can get an idea of what cabins are available. This one seems to have a huge number of cabins especially balcony cabins. Wish we could predict when the prices drop to the lowest, as even if there are a lot of cabins, sooner or later they will raise the price and start upgrading the insides and oceanviews to balconies.

I think too often people assume that a large number of cabins available 2 months in advance of embarkation will automatically lead to price reductions. Ain't necessarily so. DW and I wanted a low-cost Cruise to celebrate my birthday. It just so happened that the 11 night September 3rd Equinox had many balcony cabins available back in May. We booked a veranda guarantee for $999 each and two days later we were assigned an excellent 2A cabin. Since that time the cost dropped only $50 each but the number of cabins disappeared quickly. Suddenly the price was back to $999 and now a guarantee on that cruise is $1549.

So by taking a chance that the price would drop, we would have benefited only by $100 and possibly we would have been assigned a lesser cabin.

As noted, these things are impossible to predict. We have found that if it is an absolute "gotta do" cruise, it's best to book at a cost we feel comfortable with. But if it is a "who cares?"kind of cruise, then waiting for Price drops probably makes sense

Edited by BosoxI

I think too often people assume that a large number of cabins available 2 months in advance of embarkation will automatically lead to price reductions. Ain't necessarily so. DW and I wanted a low-cost Cruise to celebrate my birthday. It just so happened that the 11 night September 3rd Equinox had many balcony cabins available back in May. We booked a veranda guarantee for $999 each and two days later we were assigned an excellent 2A cabin. Since that time the cost dropped only $50 each but the number of cabins disappeared quickly. Suddenly the price was back to $999 and now a guarantee on that cruise is $1549.

So by taking a chance that the price would drop, we would have benefited only by $100 and possibly we would have been assigned a lesser cabin.

As noted, these things are impossible to predict. We have found that if it is an absolute "gotta do" cruise, it's best to book at a cost we feel comfortable with. But if it is a "who cares?"kind of cruise, then waiting for Price drops probably makes sense

As of five minutes ago, if the uk website is accurate, there are 191 balconys available for the Equinox sailing leaving two weeks from today, August 11. I think it might be as all three dining options are still open. The current price is $749 p.p., plus taxes and fees and no perks, for any balcony on the ship, any category. It's been on the x-citing deals list for the last six weeks. If this doesn't change, that's a lot of gratuity money not collected plus all the on board spend that usually happens won't be there.

For those going on the 9/14 cruise so are my husband and I; we are from Salisbury Md. If you ate in the specialty restaurants, how were they?

We ate at Tuscan, it was good. However, we thought the MDR was outstanding and made Tuscan not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's interesting that he and his family have stayed in Auburn. I know at least 2 couples that retired there - their kids went to Auburn and settled in the greater Montgomery area, but not in Auburn proper. Auburn-Opelika is a nice growing area.

AU, Clemson without the lake. Go Dawgs!!

Seriously, happy cruising...thinking of the Equinox next September, 11 day Eastern

I am enjoying the review..having been on 2 NCL's recently, looking for something a little different.

As of five minutes ago, if the uk website is accurate, there are 191 balconys available for the Equinox sailing leaving two weeks from today, August 11. I think it might be as all three dining options are still open. The current price is $749 p.p., plus taxes and fees and no perks, for any balcony on the ship, any category. It's been on the x-citing deals list for the last six weeks. If this doesn't change, that's a lot of gratuity money not collected plus all the on board spend that usually happens won't be there.

I can see why there are so many cabins available. That's still over $100 a day pp. I wouldn't consider that a great price for a standard balcony. The price isn't bad but it's nothing special.

Wouldn't make me jump on it for a last minute deal.

I can see why there are so many cabins available. That's still over $100 a day pp. I wouldn't consider that a great price for a standard balcony. The price isn't bad but it's nothing special.

Wouldn't make me jump on it for a last minute deal.

I am leaving the Equinox tomorrow, it is completely full for our voyage. Many schools in Florida start back August 13th, that may play a part in the availability for the 8/11 sailing.

Vickie

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Our sailing on Sept 3 for 11 nights looks almost full.... We are debating buying a speciality package for the restaurants or taking our chance to be offered various discounts onboard. But on a full ship, will they still be offering discounts? Are the restaurants pretty busy all the time? Don't know what to do....