Just off the Equinox...... ask away

AUPilot14

This is how I first realized that the menus are going to be a problem. The cheeses and things are often an issue even in the proteins I can have. I am glad to hear they will work with you. If not I am having baked chicken and the steak every night!

They will definitely work with you, we sat next to someone with restrictions and the wait staff would bring her the menu for the next evening during desert so they could accommodate her! The customer service really was outstanding throughout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you give me an idea of how much $$ the Uber was from the port to FLL? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I use rideguru.com regularly to figure Lyft/Uber costs...looks like $40.

But I am concerned about surge pricing during disembarkation...

Wow. The last time we did that trip by taxi it was 15 or $20. Or has my memory failed me once again?

We have done Uber for ~$40 and Quality Limo Service (QLS shuttle) for $15pp. Equinox is sailing Sat-Sat, weekday traffic should not be an issue.

We will be sailing on Aug 18 so we are interested in everyone’s Equinox experience 😀

Just a shoutout to a fellow Alabamian! We had another darn election while you were gone. If you still have an answering machine, don’t bother checking, it’s all robo-calls!

We were Equinox this past January, had a wonderful time. We were World Class Bar people, though, Martini too crowded.

Had a similar embarkation experience, took about 15 minutes from porter to champagne.

Oh, and AUPilot, you may or may not appreciate this. Gene Chizik and wife were on our cruise. Sat at the next table on embarkation, behind OVC on the deck with the bar. My DH, the LSU fan had to go over and shake his hand, even though I, the Bammer, was the one who recognized him. Kinda weird and a little embarrassing, but he’s LSU, no strangers, you know.

My husband and I were just on this cruise. We arrived around 11:30am and were on the ship within 10-15 minutes. I guess the line situation changes within a few short minutes!

This was our first time cruising with Celebrity. The crew was very friendly and service couldn’t have been better. We’re thinking about returning next year if Aqua class isn’t too expensive..... We loved Blu. We actually found the food better there than the meal we had in Murano!

The only disappointment was how a situation was handled in the pool yesterday. There was a ground of young guys who were spiking a volleyball around for a good hour. It wouldn’t be an issue except they were continually hitting innocent bystanders in the face, head, etc. They were asked by fellow cruisers several times to stop, but they were belligerent in their response. “Shut up!” “Nope, don’t care!” “We’re not stopping - deal with it.” If I wanted that type of atmosphere or those type people on my cruise, I would’ve taken Carnival. The worst is that I am in the same age demographic as those guys and STILL found them to be the epitome of why millennials get a bad rap. Celebrity’s security officer stood idly by until she finally gave in and took the ball away. The guys managed to steal it back and had it taken away yet again because of their behavior. The whole situation just rubbed me the wrong way. Otherwise, the cruise was wonderful.

For the ones it hit them in the face, throw the Ball overboard, then say to them "Deal with it" We did care!

Thanks for answering so many questions. War Eagle! (Our DD is an Auburn alumni & we have a house at Lake Martin. We live in Florida, but I LOVE Alabama!

My DH & I are sailing on the Equinox August 4, the Eastern Caribbean itinerary. I downloaded the Celebrity app today and was browsing through the information. They have room service menus on the app. The breakfast menus charge for French toast, pancakes, etc. Do you know if there is the charge for the meal, plus the room service fee? If we have the drink package, can we get fresh squeezed juice at n/c via room service, or do we need to go to a dining venue to take advantage of the package? Does it matter if we are in a lower level suite (not PH or RS), but a CS? Our friends are in a non-suite stateroom, I think the in-room dining options are different for the various staterooms.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Would like to know from anyone that used the app in advance of the cruise to comment on how accurate was it?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Any Specialty Dining discounts upon boarding, for the first night ? Usually there’s a 30%-50% off. But only for the first night.

Yes, we booked Tuscan for $31pp the first night with the typical 18% gratuity.

Celebrity has a app that shows in advance the daily activities, shows, performers, daily menu and etc. as of now there are only two ships that are available and the Equinox is one. We are sailing in Oct and it lists many activities, shows, performers for each day along with the daily menus for every dining room. Did you use it and if you did how accurate was it?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I exclusively used the app and it matched the daily provided documents. I think it is pretty user friendly, but just make sure to search "all activities" and not just the "recommended activities" that automatically populates on each day. It took me a minute to figure out why it was not showing everything!

Thanks for answering so many questions. War Eagle! (Our DD is an Auburn alumni & we have a house at Lake Martin. We live in Florida, but I LOVE Alabama!

My DH & I are sailing on the Equinox August 4, the Eastern Caribbean itinerary. I downloaded the Celebrity app today and was browsing through the information. They have room service menus on the app. The breakfast menus charge for French toast, pancakes, etc. Do you know if there is the charge for the meal, plus the room service fee? If we have the drink package, can we get fresh squeezed juice at n/c via room service, or do we need to go to a dining venue to take advantage of the package? Does it matter if we are in a lower level suite (not PH or RS), but a CS? Our friends are in a non-suite stateroom, I think the in-room dining options are different for the various staterooms.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

War Eagle! The wife and I relocated back to Auburn in December and have loved every minute of being back.

Unfortunately, I think they do charge for the items you mentioned. We had a Veranda Stateroom, and we only used breakfast room service once (Costa Maya, we had a dolphin swim at 9:30). I do know on the door hangar for the nightly order, there are "premium items" that they do charge for. I should have snapped a picture. Sorry I'm not more help on this one!

Oh, and AUPilot, you may or may not appreciate this. Gene Chizik and wife were on our cruise. Sat at the next table on embarkation, behind OVC on the deck with the bar. My DH, the LSU fan had to go over and shake his hand, even though I, the Bammer, was the one who recognized him. Kinda weird and a little embarrassing, but he’s LSU, no strangers, you know.

No ill will towards Chizik at all, he still lives in Auburn and we see him around time to time. Very nice guy!

Download the Celebrity App. You should be able to see the menus for most restaurants. I know the MDR is listed daily.

Thanks for posting this. Downloaded the app, but hadn’t realized menus were posted. Looking forward to your review as we sail her 9/14 on a 10 night southern itinerary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No ill will towards Chizik at all, he still lives in Auburn and we see him around time to time. Very nice guy!

That's interesting that he and his family have stayed in Auburn. I know at least 2 couples that retired there - their kids went to Auburn and settled in the greater Montgomery area, but not in Auburn proper. Auburn-Opelika is a nice growing area.

Thank you for your wonderful review! My husband and I will be on the Equinox in Sept. and have one night booked at the Embassy Suites by the airport. The reviews on Trip Advisor have been pretty bad lately and I wondered if you could comment on your stay. Especially interested in the cleanliness of the room. Thank you.

Sorry - posted my question on the wrong review.

Glad you had a nice cruise.

Sherman~ I had the Embassy booked for February but after all the bad reviews (including bed bugs & dangerous area), I switched us to the Hampton Blue Lagoon instead. They were basically the same price. We are also on the Equinox in Sept and I have again booked the Hampton Blue Lagoon. It was super clean and the staff was great. There is a free shuttle from the airport and to the port in the am, also a free breakfast. Also within walking distance are about 6 fast food places, 3 restaurants, cvs and walgreens. Safe, well lit area. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your wonderful review! My husband and I will be on the Equinox in Sept. and have one night booked at the Embassy Suites by the airport. The reviews on Trip Advisor have been pretty bad lately and I wondered if you could comment on your stay. Especially interested in the cleanliness of the room. Thank you.

Sorry - posted my question on the wrong review.

No worries! We stayed at the Hilton Downtown. Nice place, Publix Grocery walking distance to get your two bottles of wine :)