Limoncello

while on Silhouette 2017 we had limoncello cheesecake and liqueur. I believe it was in the Tuscan restaurant. Is this available on the Equinox? Also can you get the limoncello at the bars

You will find that Celebrity does NOT, in general, offer a broad range of liqueurs and cordials. I have not seen limoncello available frequently. Tuscan would be the most likely venue where it would be available, and if it is in stock on the ship, they will probably be willing to stock a bottle at your preferred bar.

On the Solstice earlier this year, we were offered limoncello every time we ate in Tuscan (3 times). There was also a cooking demo one sea day during which they demonstrated how they made on board the limoncello served during that cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

We have been able to get Limoncello on our sailings - at least on Solstice, Millenium, Constellation. They do not stock it in every bar, but have found it and keep it in the bars we frequent. FWIW- it has been covered on Classic pkg. BTW, if you run across a bartender named Songpol from Thailand- he makes a terrific martini using limoncello and fresh lemons!:D

Hi,

I am an avid lemonchello drinker and i can confirm that you should be able to get it all bars, if not just ask, like I did the bar manger on Silhouette said it should be avalable in every bar on board ship. You can also get it is part of the Classic drinks package as a complimentary option.

Thanks

Gareth

Is there a charge at Tuscan Grill for it if you have the classic package?

On the Silhouette, they've always offered a small complimentary serving after dinner. I don't like it, so I have not asked about purchasing another. :(

I found Lemonchello to be a bit too.....Lemony??? So my wife told me to pour it into a glass of champagne (or at least what passes as champagne....a nice bubbly) and we Loved it. We call it a Champello. Some bartenders never heard of mixing it, but I looked it up after ‘discovering’ it, and it’s called, get this, a lemonchello champagne cocktail. I like my name much better.

Give it a go!

Den

Sounds great! We will give this a try!

Way back in time before all the rules...a roll call member brought a few btls of home made Lemoncello to share at a roll call party... WOW!

But the champagne mix idea sounds very appealing,.

Thanks for the idea

while on Silhouette 2017 we had limoncello cheesecake and liqueur. I believe it was in the Tuscan restaurant. Is this available on the Equinox? Also can you get the limoncello at the bars

Yes, it's available in Tuscan Grille. Not sure if they have it available at other venues. My review of Tuscan Grille on Equinox is available in post #40 of the cruise review - Review w/Photos - Celebrity Equinox - Western Caribbean - 07/14/2018 to 07/21/2018

DW ordered the Limencello cheesecake and we had our desserts with a shot of homemade Limencello. It was good but not quite the same as the real deal from Amalfi coast.

I love limoncello and just finished a homemade batch. I am set for the next year. Wish I could travel with it but good to know it can be available upon request-were sailing Equinox in September. I have read of a similar mixed drink called a limoncello spritz which is limoncello, prosecco and a splash of soda water. But I like your chapel lol name better :)

Do you have a recipe

Yes, a little Lemonchello and the rest of the wine ggoblet with champagne, or any bubbly wine. I bit more Lemonchello if you want it more lemony, or more wine if you want it more ‘bubbly’! You can see I don’t have a bartender’s license.

Den

I seem to recall at a tasting on board one of the X ships that the Limoncello on board the ships is homemade on board as required. This came about after leaving Sorrento on a cruise a couple of years ago

Some homemade recipes call for far too much sugar for me, so adjust up or down according to your own taste

We use pretty much the amount of sugar (a little less as we do use fluid invert sugar and water) which is suggested in the linked recipe. But we do use 96% pure alcohol. When you use vodka you need less sugar and less water. The sugar plus water are needed to "water down" the pure alcohol to a drinkable amount of app. 40%.

Put the bottle into the freezer and drink it cold.

steamboats