Upgrade email, deal or no deal ?

I booked a 7 day cruise for Dec 8 and chose a balcony cabin. I received an email if I wanted to upgrade to a suite I could for an additional 1040.00 bucks. I went back to do a mock booking and the mock one came out cheaper than the upgrade offer!!! I’m I looking at something wrong or is Carnival trying to feed me to the sharks ? This will be our second cruise with Carnival so I want to see if it’s a a good offer or should I pass. Thanks for any replies

If it's going to cost more than what the mock booking is, then yes, they are feeding you to the sharks. You didn't say what type of suite they offered. We were offered a suite and when I looked it up, the suite wasn't much better than a regular cabin. A little bit larger floor space but that was it.

The bottom line is that either the suites aren't selling or they want your balcony cabin and they are hoping that you will take the offer so that they can sell both cabins. Personally, I would turn it down in a heartbeat.

They tried to do that to us for our October cruise. We are booked in an inside they tried to upgrade us to a balcony for same price as I could have booked that same day. I turned it down and told them when I called it wasn’t a deal at all

I don't know that I would ever pay to upgrade to a suite unless it was less than $100 total. I just don't spend a lot of time in my cabin. There's a whole lot of things I could use that $1000 for that would be a lot more fun that looking at a larger cabin.

I don't know that I would ever pay to upgrade to a suite unless it was less than $100 total. I just don't spend a lot of time in my cabin. There's a whole lot of things I could use that $1000 for that would be a lot more fun that looking at a larger cabin.

Same. $1000 for a slightly bigger room is crazy.

You need to call them out on this. I had the same thing happen but it was a balcony from an interior. Once I had the pricing and the room number (they will give you that if you ask), I ran the numbers.

I called back the person who was trying to upsell it and informed her of what was going on and she was surprised (or a really good actress :) ). I asked to speak to her manager so I could give them the information. They weren't available so I got their email and sent my findings.

Definitely and upsell.... not an upgrade. I don't blame them, they're in the business of making money, but as consumers we definitely need to watch it.

And in answer to your question.... Heck no! $1k goes a long way!! :)

Wow! That's a lot. Our first cruise we booked in an ocean view and were offered an upgrade to the middle suite, can't remember which type it is called for 500 total. We took it because we have 2 kids traveling with us and I thought the tub would be useful. It was, the girls LOVED the room. Although they got a little spoiled. As did my husband. I don't mind interiors, but prefer ocean view. My husband now only wants balconies. Smart move carnival made, lol.