Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

Just now, uktog said:

And that explains it - I have a 12.9 iPad pro, it had to be on the angle and as I say we hit issues when it touched the back of the safe mechanism and would not allow the safe to open.  It happened twice, it was only on the second time that security came up that we solved the cause of the jams.  The security guy said these safes were temperamental and that they also had many more calls to deal with wrong codes going in because of their position.  I have to agree you really are having to crouch down a bit to see the pad and hit the right buttons

Yes, until I touch the first button and the keypad lights up, it’s a bit dark under there, and hard to tell which button to press. 

7 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

Yes, until I touch the first button and the keypad lights up, it’s a bit dark under there, and hard to tell which button to press. 

Now there is another difference, ours did not light up - I think there are a variety of different ones in use maybe they had to source some for safes that were well short of an acceptable standard during dry dock and lots of different types are now around on Pursuit - but we now know the suites have bigger ones with possible charging facilities

• Like 1

The CC Suite had the same size and type of safe as a V2 balcony grade in November on Onward.  I also had a couple of items move forward in it one day (may have been rough seas or the way I had placed items in it) and had to get staff to unlock it for me.  After I called customer services it was minutes before he cane snd reset it.

Edited by santrah
Name of ship omitted

44 minutes ago, santrah said:

The CC Suite had the same size and type of safe as a V2 balcony grade in November on Onward.  I also had a couple of items move forward in it one day (may have been rough seas or the way I had placed items in it) and had to get staff to unlock it for me.  After I called customer services it was minutes before he cane snd reset it.

We were in a Deck 6 V3

39 minutes ago, Jiminy1955 said:

What is the dress code for all dining venues?

From the website:

ATTIRE & PACKING TIPS

In keeping with our friendly yet sophisticated onboard environment, we encourage guests to follow a “resort casual” dress code.

Out of respect for others, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, and torn/distressed jeans are not allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants. When dining at Windows Café, guests must wear footwear and a cover-up or shirt.

Formal evening wear is not expected nor required in our restaurants. If you prefer to dress more formally, you are welcome to do so. Please note that tuxedo rentals are not available onboard.

• Like 4

On 1/4/2023 at 4:16 PM, Jiminy1955 said:

What is the dress code for all dining venues?

Took our first Azamara cruise on Onward last month. Ate in specialties mostly. I wore dress pants and a long sleeve buttoned dress shirt each time and my wife wore a dress each night. There was a variety of dress, some men wearing jackets, but most were dressed country club casual, pants and a collared shirt. Women wore a variety of styles including slacks and tops. There were a few people that, IMO, violated the dress code. There were some t-shirts and dungaree type blue jeans. Didn't let it bother us.

Edited by kml246

2 hours ago, kml246 said:

Took our first Azamara cruise on Onward last month. Ate in specialties mostly. I wore dress pants and a long sleeve buttoned dress shirt each time and my wife wore a dress each night. There was a variety of dress, some men wearing jackets, but most were dressed country club casual, pants and a collared shirt. Women wore a variety of styles including slacks and tops. There were a few people that, IMO, violated the dress code. There were some t-shirts and dungaree type blue jeans. Didn't let it bother us.

Blue jeans are allowed if not distressed.  T-shirts, no.

• Like 4

Just off Onward cruise.

1. Specialty restaurant reservation desk on pool deck beside stage. I went directly to desk as soon as possible after boarding and some nights were already filled. Problem is that too many suite people make reservations for every night and then cancel later on. We were able to purchase two 3-dinner packages for 3 of us and dine two different nights in Prime C.

2. On TV, not able to see menus for restaurants, book excursions, etc. However, it does not take much leg power to check out daily menus in Discovery.

3. Dress code was very relaxed. Did not see shorts in Prime C but did see t-shirts, bare chests (men) in Windows, and bare feet and shorts in Cabaret for evening show.

4. The hair dryers are worthless. In our cabin, we could not plug it in the outlet at the desk in front of the mirror. It had a very long cord which was good because we plugged it in by the bed and stretched it across the room.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PirateWife said:

Dress code was very relaxed. Did not see shorts in Prime C but did see t-shirts, bare chests (men) in Windows, and bare feet and shorts in Cabaret for evening show

I’m a little shocked that they allowed bare chests in Windows and bare feet in the Cabaret Lounge.

• Like 6

On 12/24/2022 at 4:29 PM, blag said:

We may not have this on Pursuit...

I was told by an Officer (Excursions) that I could not access my account via the TV.

We had our account, for a while, on the journey.  When we ask guest relation why we didn’t have it there was a reset somewhere and it returned! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

We had our account, for a while, on the journey.  When we ask guest relation why we didn’t have it there was a reset somewhere and it returned! 

No reset for Pursuit. It doesn't exist on Pursuit.

On 1/3/2023 at 1:26 PM, uktog said:

And that explains it - I have a 12.9 iPad pro, it had to be on the angle and as I say we hit issues when it touched the back of the safe mechanism and would not allow the safe to open.  It happened twice, it was only on the second time that security came up that we solved the cause of the jams.  The security guy said these safes were temperamental and that they also had many more calls to deal with wrong codes going in because of their position.  I have to agree you really are having to crouch down a bit to see the pad and hit the right buttons

It doesn’t help that some of the directions don’t go to your specific safe.  We called security twice because hubby forgot the directs were wrong.  It had to do with whether the # was first or second for both open and closed.

I wanted to mention to those trying to save outlet by having USB ports elsewhere, that most usb plugs will run on 110 or 220 so you only need an adapter to use the European plug.  If going the other way the same applies but the adapter is US.  

there is a nightlight that has 4 USB ports and has both a US plug and a European plug, as it will run on either power.  

we only have 2 devices that don’t run on 220 one is an electric toothbrush that holds a charge for about 2 weeks. I make sure it’s charge before I leave home so I don’t worry about 220 and then charge it to return home for the same reason. 

Hi all, I'm not sure this is something for the Tips for Newbies thread but rather than start a new thread for what I hope is a simple answer which may be useful to others, I'll ask it here.

We're boarding Quest a week on Saturday in Auckland and seriously considering the Indulgence package. We have some cabin credit, so want to use that towards the package. 

We will also need to make dinner reservations as soon as we get on board, so intend to join the queue in Windows.

Can we 'buy' the Indulgence package at the same time as making the PrimeC/Aqualina/Chef's Table reservations? Or do we have to join two queues!

Thanks