Just off the Harmony

We just arrived home from the Harmony and I will say you have to really try to have a bad time on a cruise. I have been on the Allure before so there wasn't much difference. All 8 of us had a great time with a few minor complaints:

1. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed at sea.

2. When you have a port day in St Kitts and everyone gets back on the ship at 3:30 please leave the Windjammer open or at least half. Everyone came back on the ship starving and the food options were limited. I understand they have to turn it over for dinner but turn over half and leave the other half open.

3. I guess the signs in the Solarium that said no children didn't pertain to everyone or people can't read!

4. Please make an edible hamburger that I don't have to pay extra for.

Other than that it was a wonderful week and the staff was extremely nice.

Is the bed more of a Queen size or an actual King size?

Target has them on sale and I can get it in a suitcase. Not taking any chances.. Your review just made my mind up - I’m for sure bringing my own mattress topper. Thanks for the info.

Hi, I am just off the Harmony as well! I agree about the beds (of course I thought it was just me), especially since a few years ago on the Oasis I remember the bed being really comfortable. Thanks for the tip about the mattress pad, I'll try it next time. I also agree about the lunch options after the shore excursions, I was lucky enough to get back early from nosing around St Kitts and grabbed some lunch at the Park Café, and actually took some salads to go for the rest of my family. But when everyone is getting back on the ship at the same time all looking for lunch, they should leave part of the Windjammer open or maybe do a special poolside buffet or something.

I thought the ship was lovely, even though it was full it never seemed too crowded (also saw kids at the Solarium, they were told nicely to leave by staff, but they walked around a bit and came back once the staff member left. They weren't misbehaving or anything, but when my daughter was younger I always took her out of the Solarium because the ENTIRE SHIP is dedicated to families, this tiny space is for adults, so you should really follow the rules. Oh well.)

One small complaint- the house band was not good. Last year on the Anthem the cover band Rock the Boat was so outstanding it spoiled us, but this band was really not up to par. We enjoy listening to pop and rock at night on our cruises, and this time we were disappointed. But all in all, a wonderful time!

Question regarding the beds, are they just too firm or too mushy?

I'm very used to sleeping on hard firm mattress because my DW has back issues sleeping on a softer bed. Even the stiffest temper-pedic was too soft. After switching 3-4 mattresses at home we were happy with the Asian brand Seahorse.

That is a bummer they don't have a decent burger on board.

Question regarding the beds, are they just too firm or too mushy?

I'm very used to sleeping on hard firm mattress because my DW has back issues sleeping on a softer bed. Even the stiffest temper-pedic was too soft. After switching 3-4 mattresses at home we were happy with the Asian brand Seahorse.

That is a bummer they don't have a decent burger on board.

Many find them to firm

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Agree completely with the complaints about the WJ and not just on HOTS...Why won't RCI do something ?...They know exactly how to improve it and that's not what their concerned about it's the $$$.

Very loyal long time cruiser with RCI and just took my first Celebrity cruise...very impressed with their Oceanview Cafe...RCI should take a lesson from them.

I was on the same cruise along with other 15 people (family and friends of family). I did post a separate review yesterday, just wanted to add that RCL needs to do something on those large ships so it will not feel so crowded. Agree about solarium. Instead of all these jacuzzi tubs, there should be more pools, especially adult pool. All food venues feel crowded. Hate the lines. And of course, there are never enough elevators. Otherwise, we had a great time and the ship overall is beautiful. We didn't have a mattress problem like the OP.

I was told by a good source that the harmony will get a pool in the Solarium during its first dry dock.

Agree completely with the complaints about the WJ and not just on HOTS...Why won't RCI do something ?...They know exactly how to improve it and that's not what their concerned about it's the $$$.

Very loyal long time cruiser with RCI and just took my first Celebrity cruise...very impressed with their Oceanview Cafe...RCI should take a lesson from them.

Why would they want too? This is what keeps the specialty restaurants at capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why would they want too? This is what keeps the specialty restaurants at capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hmmm...Really !! Keeping a side of the WJ open for those coming back from late ports and excursions in the afternoon...What does that have to do with the specialty restaurants ???

How many are interested in going to a specialty restaurant at that time.......You ??

And my comment about X's Oceanview Cafe....The have a small portion of their buffet open late into the night with a nice selection of food...pizza, salad, deserts etc. Much better than the tired stale offerings at the Promenade Cafe.

I understand their trying this on the Mariner (and it's very popular !!)...so apparently they've heard what we want and hope it expands fleetwide.

Did you happen to notice if they have the Bay scallops on the menu for the main dining room, I used to get them on The Allure and Oasis. We are going on the Harmony in November.

The menus for all 7 days of the Eastern sailing are some of the most recent posts in our November 25 roll call. You can check in there, I imagine it will be almost the same menu even if you are on a Western sailing

I'm a bit shocked to learn that there isn't food available on St. Kitts

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am going to go with why pay for food on St. Kitts, when you have an entire ship filled with free food options? We never eat in ports unless we are there for a really long time.

I'm a bit shocked to learn that there isn't food available on St. Kitts

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There is a FOOD COURT in the port area right as you leave the ship - There was a great variety of things to eat, including a bar and even a little swimming pool. I know last week when hubs and I ventured off the ship while in St. Kitts, we came here, listened to a local band play from tunes, had a nice refreshing beverage, some tasty local cuisine and had a great little afternoon... but that was a LUNCH TIME.

I think most of the complaints about dining options were for the late afternoon - we had to be back on the ship for 3:30 - most places for lunchtime foods close at 3. Now while you have pizza and hot dogs, the lines for each of them while leaving St. Kitts would make ANYONE's head spin - in fact, that was the afternoon I said, OH so this is where all the people are!!!

***Side note, it was also just as bad when HOTS left St. Thomas with the WJ locked tight getting ready for dinner!

and yes, while others might not want to eat off the ship since they already paid for the meal, I love to try the local foods as much as possible - and if the opportunity to do so presents itself, I will partake!