Just off the Harmony

We just arrived home from the Harmony and I will say you have to really try to have a bad time on a cruise. I have been on the Allure before so there wasn't much difference. All 8 of us had a great time with a few minor complaints:

1. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed at sea.

2. When you have a port day in St Kitts and everyone gets back on the ship at 3:30 please leave the Windjammer open or at least half. Everyone came back on the ship starving and the food options were limited. I understand they have to turn it over for dinner but turn over half and leave the other half open.

3. I guess the signs in the Solarium that said no children didn't pertain to everyone or people can't read!

4. Please make an edible hamburger that I don't have to pay extra for.

Other than that it was a wonderful week and the staff was extremely nice.

We just arrived home from the Harmony and I will say you have to really try to have a bad time on a cruise. I have been on the Allure before so there wasn't much difference. All 8 of us had a great time with a few minor complaints:

2. When you have a port day in St Kitts and everyone gets back on the ship at 3:30 please leave the Windjammer open or at least half. Everyone came back on the ship starving and the food options were limited. I understand they have to turn it over for dinner but turn over half and leave the other half open.

3. I guess the signs in the Solarium that said no children didn't pertain to everyone or people can't read!

Its too bad they don't have a place like Mast Grill on Celebrity, great burgers and dogs by the pool and they're free!

Thanks for the posting and a reminder to request a mattress topper for my upcoming cruise. Royal beds use to be some of th best around, but since around 2015, the new beds they are buying are made of cement.

100% Agree about the bed and the lack of food options coming back in from both St. Thomas & St. Kitts - if you wanted pizza the line was 20 minutes deep, Wipe Out Cafe - CLOSED, Windjammer on change-over... so I know we ended up at the Hot Dog stand after St. Thomas!

That bed was a lacking comfort and I felt like sleeping on the couch might have been a better option.

Overall I know my party of 6 had the vacation to remember!! Can't see how anyone would have a bad time!!!

100% Agree about the bed and the lack of food options coming back in from both St. Thomas & St. Kitts - if you wanted pizza the line was 20 minutes deep, Wipe Out Cafe - CLOSED, Windjammer on change-over... so I know we ended up at the Hot Dog stand after St. Thomas!

That bed was a lacking comfort and I felt like sleeping on the couch might have been a better option.

Overall I know my party of 6 had the vacation to remember!! Can't see how anyone would have a bad time!!!

I'm not surprised Wipe Out Cafe was closed on Harmony... ;)

If you happen to be in a Central Park Balcony cabin you most likely have the perk of one free lunch at Jamie's. The burger I had a Jamie's this past May was one of the best burgers I've ever had -- land or sea.

Yet to have one on RCI... even when I paid for it. :o

I was on the same cruise along with other 15 people (family and friends of family). I did post a separate review yesterday, just wanted to add that RCL needs to do something on those large ships so it will not feel so crowded. Agree about solarium. Instead of all these jacuzzi tubs, there should be more pools, especially adult pool. All food venues feel crowded. Hate the lines. And of course, there are never enough elevators. Otherwise, we had a great time and the ship overall is beautiful. We didn't have a mattress problem like the OP.

I was on the same cruise along with other 15 people (family and friends of family). I did post a separate review yesterday, just wanted to add that RCL needs to do something on those large ships so it will not feel so crowded. Agree about solarium. Instead of all these jacuzzi tubs, there should be more pools, especially adult pool. All food venues feel crowded. Hate the lines. And of course, there are never enough elevators. Otherwise, we had a great time and the ship overall is beautiful. We didn't have a mattress problem like the OP.

I have been on Harmony and Oasis. For the most part, crowds have not been an issue with us. I have read many time here and on Facebook that people are surprised at how uncrowded the ships feels