Carnival VIP agents....gone?

topaz123

Dear topaz,

One way to solve and resolve the delima.

Obtain a real Travel Agent ( ASTA)

They are Professionals and usually remain for years in the Profession.

Most Agencies/Agencys have TOLL FREE Lines which is a normalcy.

They give you a much better cost basis and so many benefits.

LOL....:rolleyes:

No email, no nothing....guess I'll have to call and request a new PVP..thanks for all the comments. One quick note....on Brick and Mortar travel agents....we lost hope years ago, when a travel agent insisted there were no more flights out of the airport to Miami, UNLESS we went at 11:00 PM flight...that was the break to go to the internet, and found 4 flights were available and for less $$$.

Can you request a specific PVP planner? Any thoughts or suggestions of WHOM would be good.

Well, the CC board rules prohibit sharing TA (or, in this case, PVP) names. Perhaps another cruise friend who has a good PVP could help you out there. Or just call Carnival ask that one be assigned and hope he/she is a good one. Sorry I can't help more..... :(

That profession will not exist in a decade

Carnival thought the same and tried to eliminate travel agents. That didn't last long and they are back and welcomed.

I have used several. In the beginning, my TA's were just order takers. Then when you find a good one, you get real service and even save a few bucks.

You don't have to be near their location. Every thing can be done on the web or phone.

No email, no nothing....guess I'll have to call and request a new PVP..thanks for all the comments. One quick note....on Brick and Mortar travel agents....we lost hope years ago, when a travel agent insisted there were no more flights out of the airport to Miami, UNLESS we went at 11:00 PM flight...that was the break to go to the internet, and found 4 flights were available and for less $$$.

Can you request a specific PVP planner? Any thoughts or suggestions of WHOM would be good.

You can request a specific PVP but unfortunately, we can't give out names on this site.

When I requested mine, there was a form to contact Carnival for any reason. Now there is only phone numbers to call. I just requested a PVP that had at least ten years as a PVP and had sailed on several of their ships. The following day I received an e-mail from one that told me how long he had been a PVP and how many ships he had sailed on.

He ask that I call him which I did and am very pleased with him. I told him that we only cruise every other year. Shortly after we cruise, he will call and ask if we are ready to book our next one. Other than that, he doesn't bother us like some do. If I do have a question, he's always right on the ball with an answer.

We cruise with my brother and sister in law. We decide which ship, which deck, which cabins, then I call him. He gives us the cost, books our cabin, then saves the one next to it for my brother. I call SIL, she then calls the PVP and books theirs. He always checks for the best rate for us.

I couldn't even tell you where the closest one is to me. No reason for the overhead of a physical shop anymore, and at this point most folks are at least semi-comfortable with the internet.

And yes, there are still some large travel agent companies out there that folks are loyal too....but at this point those are much closer to a virtual travel web site set up then a mom and pop neighborhood travel agent.

I've never met Carol my TA. Always available either by email, phone, or text, just like a PVP. She's always gotten me good deals, and always answers my questions promptly. Don't see why the TA field would be going away...

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Forums mobile app