Regent Laundry Question

MsMermaid

Can you tell me if Regent laundry services is careful with delicate items? Do they read tags (ie cold water only, etc.), or do they just put everything into a hot/warm washing machine. I don't want to do laundry myself, but I don't want my clothes that require special washing instructions to come back ruined either.

I kind of doubt that they read care tags. We used the service for our "walking around" clothes and underwear and thought they did a wonderful job. I wouldn't however put silks or special duds in the bag, just to be on the safe side.

DO NOT provide the laundry service with any items that require a delicate and/or cold water wash. The laundry service does a fantastic job and you will really like the way that laundry is returned to you. That being said, remember that this is a commercial laundry facility and there is not time to read the washing instructions for each piece of laundry.

On the laundry instruction slip, there is a space for special instructions.

By mistake, I once included a delicate undergarment in the laundry bag - it was damaged in the wash. Also, I once included a pair of jet black jeans which were returned faded black - both of these "errors" were my fault, I was familiar with the laundry service and should have been more careful.

The laundry service is great, but the self use washers/dryers are also very nice. I bring wash bags with me and use them for anything that requires delicate handling and let the items air dry using the laundry line in the bathtub.

Side note - some of the nicest people we have met on Regent have been in the laundry room - we met one couple who lives not far from us whom we meet up for dinner every few months.

gnomie :)

We have used both laundry services and the laundry room. For "walking around clothes" like golf shirt, slacks etc everything comes back great. I wouldn't send hand washables to the laundry service. On longer cruises we have used the laundry room which was very clean, plenty of room, TV, and a phone for room service.

Can you tell me if Regent laundry services is careful with delicate items? Do they read tags (ie cold water only, etc.), or do they just put everything into a hot/warm washing machine. I don't want to do laundry myself, but I don't want my clothes that require special washing instructions to come back ruined either.

We use the laundry for just about anything (mainly because we want to avoid the laundry rooms where people can get quite nasty if you don't take your clothes out the minute they are ready). They have not ruined any of our clothing but they are pretty hard on my DH's dress shirts. They wash them so "hard" (for lack of a better word) that they don't last as long as if we were washing them ourselves.

I do write "cold water" on the order sheet and they do pay attention (if they didn't, many things I've sent in would have shrunk and they didn't).

I have used a "halfway house" for some cocktail dresses and blouses that needed extra care:

I hand-washed them, drip dried in the bathroom and then sent them out for pressing only; they came back perfectly finished :)

For all other items, including men's shirts, we have never had a problem with the laundry services; everything is returned in very good order. The self-serve laundry rooms are good as well.

Edited by flossie009

The laundry room is a great place to meet people. It's like returning to a college dorm. Sure, there's always a jerk. But, most people are quite friendly if you are friendly. Nothing like seeing other's unmentionables. It makes meeting later more amusing.