Worth getting the RCI credit card?

Any of you have it and use it? I use a credit card for daily expenses and pay it in full every month. All the online articles I read say that RCI's credit card isn't great compared to a general travel credit card (i.e. Chase Sapphire, etc), but I'm really considering getting it for the ease of use of points.

What are all your thoughts?

I have the card, initially used it to get some free points from the sign up bonus. Now I use it sporadically and for all RC expenses to get double points. I say go for it, you can always cancel later

Instead of adding another thread, I'll ask my question here. Can you transfer points to another card? I thought I did that before but I don't see much on their site about FAQs or a way to contact anyone. If I was able to combine my points and my husband's, we'd have enough to get more OBC

I have the card, initially used it to get some free points from the sign up bonus. Now I use it sporadically and for all RC expenses to get double points. I say go for it, you can always cancel later

Instead of adding another thread, I'll ask my question here. Can you transfer points to another card? I thought I did that before but I don't see much on their site about FAQs or a way to contact anyone. If I was able to combine my points and my husband's, we'd have enough to get more OBC

No, you cannot transfer points to another card.

Another vote to get it for the signup bonus only. There are much better cards out there. For everyday use we opt for a 2% cash back card on all purchases where the benefits are swept monthly into a savings account to be used as we please.

I'd get it for the initial bonus $100 in on board credit. Then you can decide if it's "worth it" for future use.[/quote

Exactly what we did. Decided to keep it to use for booking RCCL cruises and use once in a while on other things. No fee, so no cost involved.]

We also have one and use it for onboard expenses and redeem it for on board credit. That's probably the best and most usable aspect of the Royal card, particularly if you cruise a lot. But there are other cards that will provide you trip cancellation coverage if you pay for your cruise with that card. There's usually a maximum but it's pretty high. We save a lot of money not buying trip cancellation insurance. There are several cards that do this so you have to look for it. I believe that the Chase Saphire card provides this.

I'd get it for the initial bonus $100 in on board credit. Then you can decide if it's "worth it" for future use.

That’s what I did. Then I found out how much I’d have to charge to earn anything else. Our daily use B of A Cash Rewards gives us so much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Get the Sam's Club Master Card. 3% cash back on all travel/dining and 5% on gas. Blows RCI card out of the water. If you have good credit, don't waste your time with mediocre cards.
Had no issues with it on our Baltics cruise, that was a surprise

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Is it one of those that isn't combinable with any other discount? For instance we bought $10k in stock and found out that the discount wasn't combinable with what we had which was disappointing but obviously that wasn't the only reason we bought the stock :) We bought it because Suze Orman said to invest in companies you like to do business with so that's why I also have Groupon....too bad I can't afford Amazon!

Is it one of those that isn't combinable with any other discount? For instance we bought $10k in stock and found out that the discount wasn't combinable with what we had which was disappointing but obviously that wasn't the only reason we bought the stock :) We bought it because Suze Orman said to invest in companies you like to do business with so that's why I also have Groupon....too bad I can't afford Amazon!

The Visa points OBC is combinabile with other perks and discounts.