American Express

bellebaby

How do you do find and claim these offers?

Login to your Amex card account.

Scroll down the home page to the Amex Offers and Benefits section

There will be six or seven offers showing by default, if it's not listed there, click on the "View All" button at the bottom of the list.

Scroll through to see if the WLCL offer is there; to speed your search, you can filter (the "Refine By" option) on Travel.

Looks like Amex killed off adding to multiple cards per person. Only way to get multiple offers is with multiple people adding to their card..

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/the-amex-offers-multi-tab-trick-is-dead/

I noticed that. Earlier today, I had the offer on both of my cards but after adding it to one, it disappeared from the other. Fortunately, DW has her own card with her own Amex login account so we can use it twice anyway. :D

Thanks Bellebaby!

That's what I'm hoping for. It's odd because I'm the primary account holder and it shows up on my card but only one of my two authorized user accounts (kids).

How does the authorized user account work? I always thought if I add authorized users to my card they will have the same card number and hence the same account. Am I missing something?

A new offer was added to my American Express account last night.

Spend $750 or more at The World's Leading Cruise Lines (Carnival, Princess, HAL, Seabourn, Cunard) and get a $150 credit.

Expires 10/15. There are some exclusions and details.

I plan to call Carnival this morning and pay my balance. We'll see if it works!

B

UGH! I was all excited but the offer isn't on my regular Green Amex or My Delta Gold Amex. Thanks for the info though and I will keep checking!

How does the authorized user account work? I always thought if I add authorized users to my card they will have the same card number and hence the same account. Am I missing something?

When you add an authorized user they get their own login and their own card / card # separate of your own. So if they have offers you can double up some times. I have it on both of mine, so I'll gladly take 20% off my Alaska pay down lol.

Does anyone know if you can apply this split toward two cruises? I have balances due, but under $750 on each, together I'd have it covered.

The description fo the offer is:

"Get a one-time $150 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $750+ on cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard by 10/15/2018."

The detailed terms and conditions don't specify that it must be one single purchase, so I would assume that two payments totaling $750 or more would trigger it.

But that's just my assumption.

Hi, Everyone... I'm the OP.

Our final payment isn't due until the first week of October. The balance was slightly less than $750, so I added pre-paid gratuities and decided to make payment on Wednesday.

The charge posted last night. The $150 credit posted this morning. Done deal.

I appreciate the notes of thanks from everyone. However, this is the fourth credit I've used for this cruise. As final payment is due in a few weeks, I was looking for it. :D:D I learned about the AmEx credit from reading this board. Thanks to everyone that let us know about the AmEx deals in the past.

B

Edited by bellebaby

Hi, Everyone... I'm the OP.

Our final payment isn't due until the first week of October. The balance was slightly less than $750, so I added pre-paid gratuities and decided to make payment on Wednesday.

The charge posted last night. The $150 credit posted this morning. Done deal.

I appreciate the notes of thanks from everyone. However, this is the fourth credit I've used for this cruise. As final payment is due in a few weeks, I was looking for it. :D:D I learned about the AmEx credit from reading this board. Thanks to everyone that let us know about the AmEx deals in the past.

B

That is interesting that you added pre-paid grats this long after the initial booking and it was covered by the offer. Yet another example that the fine print on these offers doesn't always apply. Thanks for that heads up - I can now definitely use this twice.

The offer says for new bookings 9/5-10/5. Does anyone know if it will work with paying my balance due for our upcoming cruise?

I read the same thing but since I booked last month, I would assume it would not give you the discount. Might be worth a call to AMEX.

The offer says for new bookings 9/5-10/5. Does anyone know if it will work with paying my balance due for our upcoming cruise?

I read the same thing but since I booked last month, I would assume it would not give you the discount. Might be worth a call to AMEX.

The offer will apply to previously booked cruises, no matter what the offer details stipulate. I've done it many times on an existing booking as have many others that have posted likewise on this board.