Celebrity Airfare

Devo1459

Just be advised that when booking deeply discounted fares they often carry more restrictions than published fares booked through the airline. Most of the time it ends up making no difference (and you save a lot of $$$), but in the event of missed connections, cancelled flights etc., the extra restrictions can make things more difficult. Make sure when purchasing deeply discounted fares you build in ample wiggle room for making your flights, cruise and any connections. Lots of info about this on the Cruise Air board within Cruise Critic.

Just be advised that when booking deeply discounted fares they often carry more restrictions than published fares booked through the airline. Most of the time it ends up making no difference (and you save a lot of $$$), but in the event of missed connections, cancelled flights etc., the extra restrictions can make things more difficult. Make sure when purchasing deeply discounted fares you build in ample wiggle room for making your flights, cruise and any connections. Lots of info about this on the Cruise Air board within Cruise Critic.

I'll look over on that board, but doesn't Celebrity help you get to the ship if there is a problem? I do know that they cannot guarantee getting there before the ship embarks.

I am going to call Celebrity Air tomorrow. Checked online for a Delta flight going Business Class to Europe. Actually pretty good price considering the higher rates for Economy Class+. Rates are really higher for International flights this next year. Anyway, I took a look at CA on their website for the same flights. Only I did one ways because we would fly into and out of different airports. I was seeing about $200 to $400 less per ticket than through Delta. If we could save $800 for the same flights, that's one thing, but for only a $200 difference per person, I think we would book directly with Delta.

Only I did one ways because we would fly into and out of different airports.

You can book an itinerary like you're talking about on one ticket. When you go to the airline website you'll see options for one way, round trip, and multi city. Click multi city and you can enter multiple flight segments. We have used the multi city option to fly into Rome but home from Venice, into Rome but home from Manchester England, into Barcelona but home from Rome, etc.

Question about Celebrity Air.

In the past we have always booked flights on our own but for a Princess cruise this winter Delta was outrageous so I checked Princess EZAir. Not only is the flight $200 less but it's totally flexible - refundable AND changeable until final payment.

Almost seems too good to be true.

Does Celebrity Air work the same way?

Question about Celebrity Air.

In the past we have always booked flights on our own but for a Princess cruise this winter Delta was outrageous so I checked Princess EZAir. Not only is the flight $200 less but it's totally flexible - refundable AND changeable until final payment.

Almost seems too good to be true.

Does Celebrity Air work the same way?

No, it does not.

You can book an itinerary like you're talking about on one ticket. When you go to the airline website you'll see options for one way, round trip, and multi city. Click multi city and you can enter multiple flight segments. We have used the multi city option to fly into Rome but home from Venice, into Rome but home from Manchester England, into Barcelona but home from Rome, etc.

Meg, Yes, I know this.;) I checked the flights using one-ways on Celebrity Air because it was recommended to do so for a better price. It was true! When I priced using Multi-trip, the price was the same as on Delta's site. However, when pricing one-ways on Delta, the price was outrageous!

Anyway, we went ahead and booked the flights with Delta. Because we booked Business, we wanted to make sure we could deal directly with Delta should we be delayed, a flight was delayed, or cancelled. And we also wanted to make sure that we earned all of our due Skymiles. On the Cruise Air forum, we read instances where passengers were not given their full due miles because of the lower priced flights being given on Celebrity Air. Also read some undesirable consequences/problems when it came to missed or delayed flights. Now, had we been looking for Economy or Comfort fares, we would not have been so concerned.

Only I did one ways because we would fly into and out of different airports.

Meg, Yes, I know this.;) I checked the flights using one-ways on Celebrity Air because it was recommended to do so for a better price.

Sorry, it sounded like you did it because of flying in and out of different airports, not because of a price difference. ;)

Either way, hopefully the multi-city option provides helpful information to others reading who may not know that option exists. And those folks do exist! I regularly read where someone believes the only way to book airline tickets is to book round trip or one way.

I have booked choice air a few times after I discovered the cost difference. I always call and book. I immediately go to the airline site - usually Delta - and select my seats. My airfare in October was half of delta cost and was main cabin round trip Barcelona. One way from Europe and TA was great price. If you are flying into one city and back from another, book 2 separate flights as we did flying to Miami and back from Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

(y)

Sorry, it sounded like you did it because of flying in and out of different airports, not because of a price difference. ;)

Either way, hopefully the multi-city option provides helpful information to others reading who may not know that option exists. And those folks do exist! I regularly read where someone believes the only way to book airline tickets is to book round trip or one way.

Exactly! We have been booking multiple trips to Europe for a few years now. It amazes me how the airfare really is not much, if at all, over the price of a round trip to the same city. And once we are over there, we book local flights to get around. On our cruise in May (Barcelona to Venice) we are taking a train from Venice to the Bellagio are for a couple of nights. Then a train from there to Zermatt to see the Matterhorn. Then on to Bern for a couple nights. We will end in Zurich and take a day trip to Lucerne from there before flying back home a couple of days later.