Latitudes rewards

jkneern

Small print, and at the bottom of the list of benefits...

Note: Onboard Discounts (including the pre-booking of shore excursions) are available on all sailings.

All other benefits are available on sailings 5 days or longer. (I enlarged for easier viewing!)

One of my cruises last year on NCL was a 7 night cruise. I guess I should have paid more attention, next time.

Don't get too excited, it's the cheap stuff they give away constantly as prizes at all the events and games...

It’s not too good Straight but if you like mimosas you can put your morning orange juice to good use! Don’t get too excited about this free wine. It may give you a little bit of a buzz but it’s by no means high-quality. If you think about it most alcohol you purchase to drink on board a ship costs about 5 to 10 times the normal price it would cost you in any liquor store so when you consider that NCL sells these same bottles of sparkling wine for only $25 per bottle then you can probably guess that in any liquor store it is a five dollar bottle of wine at best!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Jana60

On your second cruise or cruise where you are Bronze you will have Latitudes status.

Therefore referring to the Latitudes Rewards Chart LINK below:

Every stateroom with a member of Latitudes status gets a bottle of bubbly vino (or clown seltzer water)

one per stateroom - not per person.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

You are free to use drink consume give it away in anyway you wish.

I wonder though what the crew does with all the left over free stuff left by the cruise customer !

I once bought a 1 liter bottle of Vodka at the beginning of a cruise on Carnival cruise line and by the last day I had only consumed about 1/3 of it. I asked my room steward if he knew anybody who would like it and he said that he would like to have it. I guess Carnival didn’t have a rule against this or else he just didn’t intend to tell them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"Priority Check-in At The Pier" is shown for all tiers. If everyone has priority check-in, whom is it priority over?

As you complete registration your Latitudes status will be given a que - first boarding for i.e. Platinum -

second for Gold - third Silver and fourth for Bronze and first time cruisers.

Suites are in another category and board separately.

There may be breaks in between for boarding Handicap wheelchair scooter assisted guests as well as

special groups i.e. CAS and other affinity groups.

Oh you will be given PRIORITY but it is not the priority you where thinking of.

NCL's Latitudes Rewards chart leaves much to be desired with the "Priority Check-In (Boarding)" of

the guests. Bad description. During Check-In there are usually separate lines for Platinum and CAS

all others are in the same flow control roped off lanes - YMMV by Port - size of the Check-In Registration

area and the BIG factor SIZE of the SHIP - it takes a lot of room for the -AWAY class ships - can easily

get by with a small holding area for the SUN SKY SPIRIT class ships.

Sometimes Platinum guests have noted that the general lines are shorter and speeder and use them instead.

Priority is given with respect to Latitudes - frequent cruiser status !

• 2 months later...
On 9/7/2018 at 2:40 AM, jkneern said:

I was just looking at the reward tiers and am wondering?? I am gold and shows I get a bottle of wine. Is this new? I have cruised NCL x10 and have never gotten one before?

I am also Latitudes Gold and wondering if you get 1 bottle of water per day or per cruise (I don't have the drinks package)

Edited by Happy2b@sea

On 9/6/2018 at 8:40 PM, jkneern said:

I was just looking at the reward tiers and am wondering?? I am gold and shows I get a bottle of wine. Is this new? I have cruised NCL x10 and have never gotten one before?

Don't worry, you didn't miss much.  If it's the same bottle we got last Thanksgiving, it's cheap and not that great.  😕 

On 9/10/2018 at 5:41 AM, PATRLR said:
newmexicoNita said:
As for people mentioning it is cheap wine: of course it is, I would not expect anything else.

This line says so much about the state of cruising today.

Glad it is cheap, don't drink any alcohol, otherwise my fare would be higher to help pay for the wonderful wine given to others.  The state of cruising today is you get what you pay for, would not have it any other way.

16 hours ago, Deb and Jack said:

You get 1bottle water per cabin for the week not per day. Except for certain all inclusive bookings.

Thankyou.  I'm actually going on a 10 day cruise and didn't want to order water and then find I already had 10 bottles in my stateroom ha ha!