Oasis Coastal Kitchen and Diamond lounge question

rt1092

Are men wearing shorts allowed in these venues on the Oasis?

We are leaving Sunday and might have to redo my suitcase. I have thought no shorts in Coastal Kitchen or Diamond lounge during happy hour. I know I've seen people in there with them. But I like to try to play by the rules if possible.

We are leaving Sunday and might have to redo my suitcase. I have thought no shorts in Coastal Kitchen or Diamond lounge during happy hour. I know I've seen people in there with them. But I like to try to play by the rules if possible.

Can’t help you with Coastal Kitchen but shorts are allowed in the Diamond Lounge during happy hour every evening except formal nights....

Dining in the Coastal Kitchen means you are staying in a suite, wouldn't it be less crowded in the Suite Lounge?

Dining in the Coastal Kitchen means you are staying in a suite, wouldn't it be less crowded in the Suite Lounge?

Maybe they are D staying in a JS. No Suite benefits other than dinner in CK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Oasis in a suite right now. Most nights folks are wearing slacks for dinner in the CK, but I have seen some dress shorts at night. One or two maybe. It’s formal night tonight so we’ll see. Dan & Gladez are the maitre’d.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by TYMAN

Thanks for the update. I was under the impression that they didn't want shorts during "happy hour" I have seen men in shorts and never paid it much mind. I should have asked. Switched 2 pairs of long pants for 2 pairs of shorts (I've always wondered why they call them pairs? )

We have complete access to the Coastal Kitchen/Suite lounge. But we like are sailing with friends that are D+ (for now). One couple we know is making pinnacle on this sailing. And the Suite lounge is usually too quiet anyway.

On Oasis in a suite right now. Most nights folks are wearing slacks for dinner in the CK, but I have seen some dress shorts at night. One or two maybe. It’s formal night tonight so we’ll see. Dan & Gladez are the maitre’d.

Thanks.

Is Beatrice there? The last time we were on Oasis she told us she was going upstairs.

Thanks.

Is Beatrice there? The last time we were on Oasis she told us she was going upstairs.

Beatrice & Lyli are in the suite lounge now and for one more week. Claudine is in DL. After next sailing, Beatrice goes back to DL and Federico returns from vacation to SL.

Beatrice & Lyli are in the suite lounge now and for one more week. Claudine is in DL. After next sailing, Beatrice goes back to DL and Federico returns from vacation to SL.

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the update. I was under the impression that they didn't want shorts during "happy hour" I have seen men in shorts and never paid it much mind. I should have asked. Switched 2 pairs of long pants for 2 pairs of shorts (I've always wondered why they call them pairs? )

We have complete access to the Coastal Kitchen/Suite lounge. But we like are sailing with friends that are D+ (for now). One couple we know is making pinnacle on this sailing. And the Suite lounge is usually too quiet anyway.

I believe they still ask you to abide by the dress suggestion for the Main Dining Room during Happy Hour. But as we all know, it's "suggested" not mandatory. So they ask you to be Smart Casual during the Happy Hour. But dress as you wish.

I believe they still ask you to abide by the dress suggestion for the Main Dining Room during Happy Hour. But as we all know, it's "suggested" not mandatory. So they ask you to be Smart Casual during the Happy Hour. But dress as you wish.

On our recent Anthem cruise there were plenty of shorts worn in the DL and in the MDR. We saw a lot of Paxs in shorts go to Chic and my wife wondered aloud if this restaurant was all shorts.:D The cruise planner did not mention that shorts were taboo and other than the formal night, simply stated "casual attire" and to many, especially new cruisers, wearing nice shorts and polo is considered casual.

I am on oasis now for the second leg of a back to back. We have split our time between coastal kitchen, specialty dining, and the dining room. Shorts are more plentiful in coastal kitchen then they are in any other dining venue.

We only visited the diamond lounge three times in the last two weeks and honestly don’t recall what men were wearing.

Enjoy

M

Owners Suite guest 9/16/18 does the coastal kitchen offer soda/beer/wine gratis

If you are there between 11am and 11pm, the Suite Lounge right next to CK is serving complementary soda and selected beers and wines.