Cheers pricing change?

AlwayzCruising

I tried searching the boards before asking.... but do you notice if the pricing for the cheers package changes? My friends 4 day cruise in October seems to be holding steady at $51.95/day and I know that it’s non refundable so we don’t want her to purchase it and then find that it will/possibly can go down in price.....

Thanks for any info you have/know

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

About two years ago Carnival tried a sliding scale for Cheers. The shorter the cruise the higher per day cost. A 7 day under that program I believe was $37.50 and a 3 day was well over $60. The wording was such that the price could be changed at anytime caused a major upset and they went back to the same rate for all.

About two years ago Carnival tried a sliding scale for Cheers. The shorter the cruise the higher per day cost. A 7 day under that program I believe was $37.50 and a 3 day was well over $60. The wording was such that the price could be changed at anytime caused a major upset and they went back to the same rate for all.

We are on a 8 nt cruise on the Conquest next Feb. and checked the price on this cruise . Short money only $995 for the entire cruise a mere $ 62 pp. per day How can you go wrong ?

Edited by billfish
spelling

We are on a 8 nt cruise on the Conquest next Feb. and checked the price on this cruise . Short money only $995 for the entire cruise a mere $ 62 pp. per day How can you go wrong ?

Drink 3 drinks a day and I can answer you.

Damn shame. I'd buy it on a longer cruise with those terms.

I agree. I have never seen it offered at a reduced price.

My memory isn't 100%, but I think the price was last increased in January, 2018.

That's right. It went for $49.99 to 51.99. The only discount they offer is the $5 off by booking before you board. But it's not really a discount. What they do is raise it another $5 to 56.99 after you board.

That's right. It went for $49.99 to 51.99. The only discount they offer is the $5 off by booking before you board. But it's not really a discount. What they do is raise it another $5 to 56.99 after you board.

Don't forget that gratuity! $59.74 per day after 15% tips are added.

p.s. Thanks for that kickbutt live review on your last cruise, it was one of the best I've seen.

They (Carnival) prefer to think of it as offering discounting it prior to getting on the ships as opposed to raising it when you get on.

They (Carnival) prefer to think of it as offering discounting it prior to getting on the ships as opposed to raising it when you get on.

But what they really did is raise it when you get on since the price was never 56.99 before boarding

Edited by Saint Greg

But what they really did is raise it when you get on since the price was never 56.99 before boarding.

LOL< well that certainly is one way to look at it. The other is the posted price is what you would pay when you get on the ships and if you preorder, you get a 5 dollar a day discount. At the end of the day, the early bird gets the worm, if the worm wants the package.

I tried searching the boards before asking.... but do you notice if the pricing for the cheers package changes? My friends 4 day cruise in October seems to be holding steady at $51.95/day and I know that it’s non refundable so we don’t want her to purchase it and then find that it will/possibly can go down in price.....

Thanks for any info you have/know

I would go ahead and buy the Cheers package now. As others have said, it would be more likely to increase in price rather than decrease. And it is refundable if you pre-purchase it. I believe any refund would be returned to the method it was paid with. Per the Carnival website:

• CHEERS! is non-refundable; if the program is purchased prior to the cruise, it is refundable up to 10:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.