Carrying Soda and Water

Lakers1041

It's been a while since I've been on CC. I checked RCCL site for bringing soda or water on board. Can anyone share if at the port they are strict on this policy? i am sailing Mariner tomorrow.

Thank you!

We sailed on Oasis September 2nd out of Port Canaveral and they were very strict about enforcing the new policy. We had a bag with 12 bottles and we were checked entering the building and also at the security checkpoint. We saw someone with a case of water get turned away at the door and the man in front of us at security had a 12 pack of soda on a very strong looking folding dolly. I commented on the dolly and he said that he had just returned from dropping off everything else he had in his car and that he wouldn't be using the dolly in the future.

It's been a while since I've been on CC. I checked RCCL site for bringing soda or water on board. Can anyone share if at the port they are strict on this policy? i am sailing Mariner tomorrow.

Thank you!

Royal now allows you to carry-on (not checked) up to 12 containers of soft drinks, each no larger than 17 oz (500ml).

Does anyone know if they check the ounces on the bottles? I’m asking because I planned to bring Bai coconut waters and the are 18oz bottles. Don’t want to bring if they will get rejected for the one ounce over.

This policy is brand new, started Sep 1, so we have no feedback on the process as yet.

Just a quick question, on our up coming cruise in October we have the deluxe beverage package, refreshment package and 3 soda packages for our family of 5. We tend to only drink Aquafina or Dasani water when we travel. In the past we just stuck a luggage tag and brought on a couple of cases of water. Now that it’s not allowed what are our options. We will not be able to carry on that much water and I don’t like the taste of the ships water 😩. What if any water is included in our packages, what brand?

Thanks

Just a quick question, on our up coming cruise in October we have the deluxe beverage package, refreshment package and 3 soda packages for our family of 5. We tend to only drink Aquafina or Dasani water when we travel. In the past we just stuck a luggage tag and brought on a couple of cases of water. Now that it’s not allowed what are our options. We will not be able to carry on that much water and I don’t like the taste of the ships water 😩. What if any water is included in our packages, what brand?

Thanks

There is Dasani filtered water in the Freestyle machines, if the ship you are sailing have them. The deluxe and refreshment packages include bottle water. The brand can vary by ship but it was Ice River Springs spring water last week on Oasis for everyday but one. One day, they were handing our Ice River Springs water that was from reverse osmosis. Not sure if they got one wrong pallet or what. Our Alaska sailing in May on Radiance had Kirkland brand filtered water, not spring water. Not sure if that was a sourcing issue or what, but it was the first time we encountered filtered water with the package and not spring water.

Am I posting with invisible ink again?;)

Yes, they did check the size of the bottles.

Not invisible ink but I didn’t see where you said they checked the SIZE just mentioned the NUMBER of bottles. I’ll drink what’s on board. Rather have a pina colada than coconut water any day.

This policy is brand new, started Sep 1, so we have no feedback on the process as yet.

So I'm probably going to ask a stupid question now. I assume this policy is per person not per room?

I am so glad they allow you to bring 12 cans of soda on board now ,that will save me so much money. I have a diet Coke addiction LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not invisible ink but I didn’t see where you said they checked the SIZE just mentioned the NUMBER of bottles. I’ll drink what’s on board. Rather have a pina colada than coconut water any day.

That comment was directed at you, I was commenting on the comment that there were no reports on the new policy yet. I had posted our experience in the first reply in this thread.

I hadn't commented on size checking initially, which is why I added that part.:)

That comment was directed at you, I was commenting on the comment that there were no reports on the new policy yet. I had posted our experience in the first reply in this thread.

I hadn't commented on size checking initially, which is why I added that part.:)

You know how it is, everyone opens thread not reading it(me too at times) going straight to last posting. Thanks for your 1st hand account. Bringing a Dolly? Wow!...

There is Dasani filtered water in the Freestyle machines, if the ship you are sailing have them. The deluxe and refreshment packages include bottle water. The brand can vary by ship but it was Ice River Springs spring water last week on Oasis for everyday but one. One day, they were handing our Ice River Springs water that was from reverse osmosis. Not sure if they got one wrong pallet or what. Our Alaska sailing in May on Radiance had Kirkland brand filtered water, not spring water. Not sure if that was a sourcing issue or what, but it was the first time we encountered filtered water with the package and not spring water.

Happens. Did B2B2B2B on Serenade Oct-Dec 2016 and over that time they handed out 4 different kinds of bottled water, Spring and Non...

So my husband can’t walk on with 12 sodas and I walk on with 12 waters correct? It has to be either/or? Or 6/6?[emoji4]

That's the rule, but just like with the two bottles of wine, I've rarely seen them correlate the total number of bottles going to a stateroom.

We are sailing on the Harmony, would we have Dasani water? We are from the West Coast, Vancouver, British Columbia and we are so lucky to have the water that we have. Just don’t like the taste of any other water. The only water that comes close is Aquafina and Dasani.

We might have a problem😂 we drink a lot of water.