Complimentary Internet minutes on b2b

Optotronics

How are platinum internet minutes assigned on a 14 day b2b which was booked as a 14 day.

Do they give you 250min beginning on day one; or do they give you 150min at the beginning of each leg?

You receive your Internet minutes based in the shortest legs. If it's also sold as two 7 nighters, you'll get your interest minutes based on 7 nights, ie 150 minutes. They do roll over to the next segment, if you have any leftovers..

Two mini-bar set-ups also, for Elites, etc.

If you book as a 14 day. You'll get the time allowed. If booked as two 7 day cruise . You'll getthe 7 day amount each leg. If you talk to the IT manger they can roll over the time.

This has not been our experience on any of our back to back cruises with Princess. Internet, etc has been allocated based in shortest leg the cruise is sold as. If two week long sailings, regardless of how it was booked we received the Internet minutes based on the shortest segments.

If your experience has been different, that's new to me...

If you book as a 14 day. You'll get the time allowed. If booked as two 7 day cruise . You'll get the 7 day amount each leg. If you talk to the IT manger they can roll over the time.

Not our experience.

On the first leg you purchase, for free, 150 minutes. Any unused minutes automatically carry over. On the 2nd leg there is another 150 minutes available, but the system does not allow for the free purchase until all the roll over minutes have been used.

Some ships now have the PrincessCONNECT unlimited internet. On these ships it may work differently.

We were on the Royal for 21 days. We were given 150 minutes each week for 3 weeks. On the 3rd week the internet manager added another 50 minutes to our account because we should have gotten 500 minutes for the whole cruise. We did have to go ask him to do it. The minutes did roll over from one week to the next, so we didn't;t activate the new minutes until we used up the previous week.

We did an 11 day on the Regal. 90% or more of the passengers embarked/ disembarked in Copenhagen. We em/disem in Varnemunde. When we arrived in Copenhagen our internet minutes were refreshed so we got double the free minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This has not been our experience on any of our back to back cruises with Princess. Internet, etc has been allocated based in shortest leg the cruise is sold as. If two week long sailings, regardless of how it was booked we received the Internet minutes based on the shortest segments.

If your experience has been different, that's new to me...

They’ve made the same claim about elite minibars being based on how a cruise is booked & not on the individual segments. When asked about their statement they’ve never provided any additional information to support their claim.

Experiences can vary but they’re the only post I’ve read saying that a 14 day booking that can be booked as two 7 day cruises only receives one minibar & one internet package which is not accurate.

Last year we did a b2b where the first segment was 19 days and the second segment was 5 days. On the first segment we were given 250 minutes and on the second segment we received 150 minutes. The internet minutes carried over onto the second segment and used. When that time expired on the second segment we received the 150 minutes.

The room service people distributing minibars have no knowledge of how you book a cruise. They just take the tray to each room that has an Elite in it.

Same goes for internet. You get offered a package based on the length of each cruise. And in our experience you don't even get the next offer until you use up the minutes from the first week. Have had mixed luck with changing rooms - minutes from first cruise may or may not automatically move to second (since minutes are tied to you and the room) but if they don't show up a quick request to the IT manager moves the minutes to the new cabin.

I have had different experiences on different ships. on one cruise on the Star. booked as 31 days got one allocation for the entire cruise even though there were multiple segments. Same thing on the emerald.

on the royal got an allocation per segment even though booked as one cruise.

Edited by RDC1

The room service people distributing minibars have no knowledge of how you book a cruise. They just take the tray to each room that has an Elite in it.

Same goes for internet. You get offered a package based on the length of each cruise. And in our experience you don't even get the next offer until you use up the minutes from the first week. Have had mixed luck with changing rooms - minutes from first cruise may or may not automatically move to second (since minutes are tied to you and the room) but if they don't show up a quick request to the IT manager moves the minutes to the new cabin.

Thanks everyone, I tend to agree with you LeeW that they just look at your CC and that is applied before each segment.

Before reaching platinum I purchased internet minutes for our last b2b from the cruise personalizer. I didn't need them the first few days or so as we went to st Thomas and I could get cell service for internet use. When we were on day 4 or 5, they returned funds spent on internet to my account so I needed to rebuy them. This happened again when I preordered and paid for ultimate balcony dining in the personalizer and picked a date on 2nd leg of the b2b. When we got near the end of the first leg, the UBD I had ordered for 2nd leg was refunded to my account before the 2nd leg.

So what happens when you reach elite and stay in a full suite? Do you get 2 minibars for each leg (1 for elite and 1 for suite)?

So what happens when you reach elite and stay in a full suite? Do you get 2 minibars for each leg (1 for elite and 1 for suite)?

Yup. One for Elite, one for suite. You often only have one in cabin on arrival, usually the suite one - so you have to call for the second one..