ALL things Regal, now that she is back in the Caribbean

Wishing on a star

Now that the Caribbean sailings have begun, can anyone provide some insight into the "rhythm" of the cruise?

--What nights are formal nights?

--Which menus are in rotation?  Ones you particularly enjoyed or ones to skip for possible specialty dining?

--What nights are which shows?

--What activities did you enjoy onboard?

--Where is trivia being held and at what times?

--What is in Princess Live?  (Never sailed on Regal before, so not familiar with that venue)

Bonus points if anyone is willing to take the time to post menus or Patters or write a review.

Many thanks,

On 11/18/2018 at 8:05 AM, loriva said:

Now that the Caribbean sailings have begun, can anyone provide some insight into the "rhythm" of the cruise?

--What nights are formal nights?

--Which menus are in rotation?  Ones you particularly enjoyed or ones to skip for possible specialty dining?

--What nights are which shows?

--What activities did you enjoy onboard?

--Where is trivia being held and at what times?

--What is in Princess Live?  (Never sailed on Regal before, so not familiar with that venue)

Bonus points if anyone is willing to take the time to post menus or Patters or write a review.

Many thanks,

Formal Nights depend on the sailing, but usually the first sea day (Tuesday) and second sea day (Friday)

I don't think the menus have been changed since January, and there are some threads on here with the current menus if you do a search.

Trivia is usually in Club 6 (deck 6)

Princess Live is the name of one of the venus on the ship. They hold "tv show" type shows in there like the game shows and such and the seating is like that of a sound stage.

All of this information I was able to gather from looking at Princess Patters from a previous caribbean sailing earlier this year. I'm sailing next week so I will have more definite information when I get back!

Thanks KC08!

The second Sea Day on the Western is not Friday...

That is a late night/evening departure from Coz.

We might not know for sure until we board,  but on this itinerary, I believe that the second formal night might be after the earlier departure from Grand Cayman.

There has also been mention of new menus, or changes in some menu items.

The wine list and wine availability has also been an unknown.

As well as the specific dining and show times scheduled.

Then, there is the Ocean Medallion thing, and whether there will be free internet for upper level Captain's Circle members.

A lot of changes and unknowns on the Regal right now!!!

I will be happy to post some info after we sail soon, especially if there are no new reports before then.

Edited by Wishing on a star
typos, etc...

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

The second Sea Day on the Western is not Friday...

That is a late night/evening departure from Coz.

We might know know for sure until we board,  but on this itinerary, I believe that the second formal night might be after the earlier departure from Grand Cayman.

There has also been mention of new menus, or changes in some menu items.

The wine list and availability has also been an unknown.

As well as the specific dining and show times.

Then, there is the Ocean Medallion thing, and whether there will be free internet for upper level Captain's Circle members.

A lot of changes and unknowns on the Regal right now!!!

I will be happy to post some info after we sail soon, especially if there are no new reports before then.

I will be happy to post 

Thank you for wanting to post when you get back from your cruise on Regal.. I will be on her in Jan.  Looking forward to hearing how you enjoyed your upcoming cruise.   Have a great cruise.

just back---  internet is back to standard 150 min for plat and elite.

dining time not what was in our peronalizer --they were 5:45 and 7:45

OM was on mid ship not forward cabins- if you have OM your tree mail basket is gone

when getting off elevators port side is the side with deck info screen-- the starboard was the calendar of events

any other question I can answer?

Thank you Beauty!  

I am seeing on the one recent Patter for the Eastern that the dining times were 5:15 / 5:30. and 7:30/7:45.   So, this would be about the same times, with a slight shift later for the Early Dining.  (Works of rme!)

Are you for sure that Platinum will not be offered free WIFI any longer?   Did you not have the free WIFI.

Just wondering because of conflicting reports.

If this is true, then Maybe we should go online and buy the package.  

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Thank you Beauty!  

I am seeing on the one recent Patter for the Eastern that the dining times were 5:15 / 5:30. and 7:30/7:45.   So, this would be about the same times, with a slight shift later for the Early Dining.  (Works of rme!)

Are you for sure that Platinum will not be offered free WIFI any longer?   Did you not have the free WIFI.

Just wondering because of conflicting reports.

If this is true, then Maybe we should go online and buy the package.  

A

I'm looking at the patter as we speak

Allegro Traditional deck 6 aft dinning room 5:30 & 7:45

Concerto Traditional deck 6 midship dinning room 5:15 & anytime 7:30-9:30

Symphony deck 5 midship anytime 5-9

The special themes in Horizon court included First night Mongolian BBQ, Italian on princess cay day, Tex-Mex st Thomas night, Brazilian on St Marrtin night

hope that helps

14 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

So the unlimited internet package for purchase is not available anymore?

I purchased the unlimited package for our 12/2 cruise. Didn’t want to have to think about minutes and whether or not it would be free for Elites. It was nice while it lasted.

15 minutes ago, arowe6 said:

I purchased the unlimited package for our 12/2 cruise. Didn’t want to have to think about minutes and whether or not it would be free for Elites. It was nice while it lasted.

Its great having that option being logged in 24/7 and not screwing around with the logout.com/signout.com checking minutes  blah blah.  lol   🙄😁

I will admit that having unlimited internet was a nice option as I was able to stream Sirus XM while relaxing in a quiet spot on deck (far from the noise polluting MUTS).  But without that constant Internet connection I would have simply used my Ipod to listen to music.  That being said, I am an ole guy who remembers when we had no Internet and very few even made phone calls on ships.  The free Elite minutes has always been more then enough for us on our previous cruises (we have 27 with Princess).  We would usually log on once or twice a day to retrieve our e-mails!   On most cruises we would leave the ship with at least 100 min remaining.  For us, a nice thing about cruising is to escape the routine world and not using the Internet or phone has been a blessing.  For some, it is necessary to stay in touch for business or important family reasons.  But for many others the Internet has become an addiction...and I have never liked the idea of being addicted to anything except DW :).

Hank

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, drpack said:

On the Regal now and they are 100% Medallion on this cruise. Everyone got one. They now are the color of your Captain's Circle Status too. 

I still see the OM techs here and there. 

that is super news!!!!!!!!!!!!! this Feb is the third time we have sailed hoping for OM and finally we will have it! Yahoo!