Disembark question

SDJen

Hi everyone. Looking forward to my first RC cruise in less than 3 weeks (on the Mariner if that matters). I have a few questions about disembarking and would appreciate any advice.

From what I can see, you are assigned a time to disembark. Is there any way to request a later time? I have an early afternoon flight and would rather stay on the ship as long as possible rather than waiting at the airport.

And, planning on taking Uber or Lyft to Miami airport. Is it easy to find a spot for pickup? Any space designated for rideshare pickup at Port of Miami?

Thanks!

If you do not get a " high " number for disembarking, you can just wait on the ship until the higher numbers are called. You do have to get off when your number is called. Yes there will designated pick up areas for Uber of Lyft pick ups outside the terminal. 

• Like 1

The only caveat I will add is that the longer your luggage is out in the pickup area, the more chance it has to be picked up by mistake by someone else.  It's happened to us before.  Also, the longer the disembarkation process goes on, the more it can get backed up if something goes wrong.  We now get off and get away from the ship ASAP and do our waiting at the airport.

• Like 2

They will want everyone off the ship by 10am at the latest...earlier, if they can.  You don't need to request a late time...simply stay on the ship until they announce EVERYONE must leave.  Bear in mind you will still need to be OUT of your cabin by 8am or so....so you'll be hanging in a public area until they make you leave.  The last morning has none of the service you've come to expect...they really want you to go.

• Like 1

How late is your flight? :classic_huh:

You could get off early, Uber to South Beach, store your bags at the luggage Lounge, and then explore/enjoy South Beach - boozy brunch, people watching, beach, art deco architecture, etc.  When you are ready you can collect your bags and Uber to MIA or use the Airport Flyer bus for about $3 each

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kimcruiser said:

I'm looking forward to any feedback you may have on this ship as it'll be my first RCI cruise, and also on the Mariner, in February.

Once the search feature is fixed, simply click on the Mariner link at the top of the main page.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kimcruiser said:

I'm looking forward to any feedback you may have on this ship as it'll be my first RCI cruise, and also on the Mariner, in February.

Mariner is wonderful.  Going again Friday for our 4th time since August and staying on for a Back to Back.  Love the ship, service, everything about it.  Tons to do or nothing to do, totally up to you!

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Once the search feature is fixed, simply click on the Mariner link at the top of the main page.

9 minutes ago, kimcruiser said:

Thank you biker19

Really nothing wrong with the search feature other then the way they have the old searches formated, just have to be updated.

Kim here are the search results in the RCCL boards for the Mariner

I recently did a review of my September Mariner cruise here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2597668-recap-review-mariner-ots-sept-17-2018-4-night-bahamas

Within this post I included the cruise compasses from the cruise (daily newsletter delivered to cabin) and on pages 18 and 19 in the PDF is the departure letter that explains the disembarking process. 

Towards the end of your cruise your cabin attendant will drop off departure tags.  The tag number is based on deck and cabin location.  If you are new to Royal Caribbean, your Crown and Anchor status won't change the tags you receive. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2597668-recap-review-mariner-ots-sept-17-2018-4-night-bahamas/?do=findComment&comment=56024597

Another option is self-assist departure where you carry all your own bags off yourself.    This tends to be used by people who want to beat the crowds and/or get off early.  The suggested time for this is 6:45am to 7:30am.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

How late is your flight? :classic_huh:

You could get off early, Uber to South Beach, store your bags at the luggage Lounge, and then explore/enjoy South Beach - boozy brunch, people watching, beach, art deco architecture, etc.  When you are ready you can collect your bags and Uber to MIA or use the Airport Flyer bus for about $3 each

Not late - the first one I could get back home leaves at 1:40. Not a lot of time to do anything fun. I do get free lounge visits at the airport so I may just get there and find a place to relax. Thanks for the idea though.

5 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Mariner is wonderful.  Going again Friday for our 4th time since August and staying on for a Back to Back.  Love the ship, service, everything about it.  Tons to do or nothing to do, totally up to you!

Wow im jealous lol but have fun!