Back-to-Back

orville99

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

If you like your waitstaff, you can often request to move with them

And if you don't like your waitstaff, don't be surprised if they track you down and try to become your waitstaff again.:classic_ohmy:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, audome78 said:

I print both set sail passes, in case security questions why we are bringing on 4 bottles of wine. 

And they have. 

I have had that happen at port everglades. She told me only two bottles allowed per cabin and I told her i was a b2b cruissr and showed her both detail passes.  She insisted that I needed to check in two bottles and I would get them back on the second leg.  I told her that is not the way it has been handled previously.  She called a royal security officer and he looked at both set dail passes and he just waved us on.  Seems like that port worker was new on the job.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:23 PM, orville99 said:

Booked our first back-to-back as a surprise for DW (she keeps asking what they're like). I have the same cabin booked for both legs, so other than not having to pack anything at the end of the first leg, is there anything that we do need to dispose of (i.e. beer, wine, water, etc.) or will that just stay put in the cabin? Also, do we have to get off of the ship or do we just go to the place they designate for "consecutive" cruisers? Once we are cleared for the second leg, will we be able to get back in our cabin before the typical 1:00PM ready time?

You will not have to dispose of anything. You will be able to access your cabin after the TAD process is complete. The doors to the cabin hallways will be closed but you can open them and go to your cabin. 

7 hours ago, frank808 said:

I have had that happen at port everglades. She told me only two bottles allowed per cabin and I told her i was a b2b cruissr and showed her both detail passes.  She insisted that I needed to check in two bottles and I would get them back on the second leg.  I told her that is not the way it has been handled previously.  She called a royal security officer and he looked at both set dail passes and he just waved us on.  Seems like that port worker was new on the job.

The port worker is not wrong.  That IS the way it is supposed to work.  Take four to the ship, but get two later.  If you were allowed to take all four with you, you lucked out.  It's NOT "the rule."

14 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

The port worker is not wrong.  That IS the way it is supposed to work.  Take four to the ship, but get two later.  If you were allowed to take all four with you, you lucked out.  It's NOT "the rule."

Did not know that, as it was not how our 4 previous b2b cruises out of port everglades went.  Also has not happened again since that one incident a couple years ago.

10 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Did not know that, as it was not how our 4 previous b2b cruises out of port everglades went.  Also has not happened again since that one incident a couple years ago.

Port personnel are going to do what port personnel are going to do.  But the rule, such as it is, is that you can only have two bottles per cruise.  And if you bring on more because of more than one cruise, they keep it and let you have two bottles per cruise.

Here is the Royal Caribbean website:

"Guests on consecutive cruises may bring two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine and champagne per voyage, per stateroom. Additional bottles will be stored by the ship and two bottles at a time will be delivered to the stateroom on the first day of each new voyage. Guests bringing more than two bottles at the start of the first sailing should have documentation for any consecutive sailings available to share with security on boarding day."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/onboard-alcohol-guest-policy

There are rules and there is reality. Be prepared for either.

Personally I don't need 10+ bottles of wine on a two week cruise, so we just bring 1 or 2.

Especially on an Oasis ship with the free flowing SL. 🍷🍺

We are on a B2B Nov/Dec this year out of FLL.

Can we bring 2 bottles on for our first cruise, then on turn around day (FLL) bring two more bottles on?

We will probably have our sea pass cards when we get off the ship (that's how it has happened before), so what do we do when "re-boarding"?

39 minutes ago, North of 60 said:

We are on a B2B Nov/Dec this year out of FLL.

Can we bring 2 bottles on for our first cruise, then on turn around day (FLL) bring two more bottles on?

We will probably have our sea pass cards when we get off the ship (that's how it has happened before), so what do we do when "re-boarding"?

Certainly, if you don't mind disembarking the ship and paying for a cab to take you to a place that sells wine.

You have to go through security but not check-in when you re-enter the terminal.  You should get an "in-transit" card along with your SeaPass card.  If you don't get it, ask the person giving out the cards.  This "in-transit" card lets you jump ahead and reboard.

4 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Reading all this with interest as I'm looking at two seven-day cruises B2B out of San Juan... 

Any particulars that would be different in Puerto Rico?

They usually give you an "in transit" card so if you leave the ship, you can more easily skip the entry lines and check-in when you return to the ship.

Just something new we noticed on our most recent (September) B2B (Southern Caribbean out of San Juan on Freedon)....Your access code to Voom/internet is disabled automatically at midnight on the last night...no access until you get your new code (which was for us the turn around morning)...we didn't notice this before on B2B's.

We are on our first back to back on Allure this month and actually doing a back to back to back!  As week 1 Allure, week 2 Allure and Week 3 - Navigator all from Miami.

We booked through Royal Caribbean so unsure how I can tell if they're linked in any way. I'm a bit unsure of the process, particularly as we will not have the same room on any of the cruises and we also need to change ship for 3rd week so not sure how we can physically get to Navigator (no problem walking) but unsure of how to actually navigate the port.

Can anyone please clarify how it works with luggage and checking in again and if you have any tips for us - this would be greatly appreciated.

On 10/28/2018 at 1:09 AM, Ashland said:

Just something new we noticed on our most recent (September) B2B (Southern Caribbean out of San Juan on Freedon)....Your access code to Voom/internet is disabled automatically at midnight on the last night...no access until you get your new code (which was for us the turn around morning)...we didn't notice this before on B2B's.

It might change from ship to ship. We are on the Allure and last Sunday, turnaround day, and I was able to get online about 7:30am.