CCL Disembark times & breakfast options

BENHANDEL

We will be on the Horizon dec 23-29. This is our first CCL experience.

What time does CCL need us out of our rooms? How late can we access "real" food for breakfast (not simply carbs, sugar and coffee)?

I am very impatient with crowds so we plan for a leisurely disembark. We are in a family suite and have FTTF so I know we have other options. But we do not have a tight schedule so i figured we would wait out the crowds and have a quick exit around 10. 

Reading comments on Heald's page make me wonder if my expectations are unreasonable. 

Both days there will be 6 ships in the Miami port. We are scheduled to arrive at 8am (per my cruise manager). Will the number of ships effect how quickly we move through customs? Any tips for avoiding frustrating crowds while also not being the cause of frustration to others?

Unless you are opposed to the Lido deck buffet, there is much more than just pastries and coffee available. Plenty of eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, etc. I do not recall the hours of the dining rooms, but I think they are open also. If you are doing your own disembarkation (carry your own bags off the ship) you would have a more leisurely disembarkation.....but any disembarkation is always controlled chaos......:classic_dry:

We are always the last 100 people off the ship. By 10 they are making all off the ship announcements. A full breakfast is only available in the Lido buffet. Best part about getting off last our bags are very easy to find.

On the Breeze this summer out of Galveston, we had to be out of the room by 8:30am.  We went to the MDR for breakfast about 7:20 (opened at 6:30) and IIRC we had pancakes, french toast, eggs, bacon, sausage and probably more available.  Service was fast and we had little wait.  We got back to the room by 8:20 to get all our carry-on stuff (checked luggage was out the night before) and found a table outside the Red Frog Pub to camp out.  

You can see our debark instructions here, but this may not apply to other ships.

Self-assist/early-flight wasn't called to debark until about 9, don't know how Diamond/Platinum/FTTF worked.  We got off the ship at 10:30 with the 'everybody go home now' group.  It was 11:30 before we cleared baggage/customs and we were on the road by noon.

That sounds on par with the last time we debarked on the Freedom. Our carry on stuff usually just consists of two messenger bags (I have one and Hubs has one) and Son's tablet, so we can just pick up and go whenever our zone or whatever is called. Everything else is put out the night before to make debark go swift and smooth.

One thing I learned on our last cruise is that you can snag a porter with a cart to help you carry your stuff through customs. I didn't know that!

Just came off the Horizon four weeks ago. They want you out of your cabin by 0830. You can eat in the MDR or Lido. Lido even has an omelet station. Usually I partake and am one of the last off the ship. Easy Breezy through customs. However, this time my friend wanted off the ship ASAP. She had online stuff to do on her phone so, I was denied my final breakfast. Still, disembarkation wasn't bad. We stayed in Miami Beach that night so, we ended up eating at the Front Porch Café on Sobe. Pretty good food but way overpriced for breakfast. $36.00 breakfast for two pre-tip, and not a buffet or any drinks in my book is way too expensive. My friend said she's buying next time but, I still want my final free ship breakfast thank you very much. I've even schlepped my bags to Lido.

1 hour ago, zippyjet said:

Just came off the Horizon four weeks ago. They want you out of your cabin by 0830. You can eat in the MDR or Lido. Lido even has an omelet station. Usually I partake and am one of the last off the ship. Easy Breezy through customs. However, this time my friend wanted off the ship ASAP. She had online stuff to do on her phone so, I was denied my final breakfast. Still, disembarkation wasn't bad. We stayed in Miami Beach that night so, we ended up eating at the Front Porch Café on Sobe. Pretty good food but way overpriced for breakfast. $36.00 breakfast for two pre-tip, and not a buffet or any drinks in my book is way too expensive. My friend said she's buying next time but, I still want my final free ship breakfast thank you very much. I've even schlepped my bags to Lido.

Thank you! Do you remember the MDR closing time? We would definitely prefer a more leisurely breakfast...

The only time we waited till the end to leave a ship we were stuck in a back up line for customs that took at least an hour to get through.

If you really want to avoid crowds and lines go with the self debarkation schedule for FTTF and then go out for a leisurely breakfast outside the ship. Did this today off the Breeze. Met in the theater at 6:45 where we were grouped by FTTF, suites, and then Diamonds and Platinums. The FTTF group was debarked first followed by suites and then loyalty groups. We walked out of the theater and never stopped until we handed our passports to the customs agent who gave them a quick glance and on we went outside to our shuttle. Took literally less than five minutes. One more breakfast isn’t worth waiting with thousands of others trying to get off the ship.

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

Perhaps this will clarify some things for you. 

cc.PNG

Thank you! Was this Horizon in Miami? I see HomePort arrival at 7 a.m. Was that the same time you expected? Online our Port arrival time is 8 a.m. Would that change anything?

2 minutes ago, BENHANDEL said:

Thank you! Was this Horizon in Miami? I see HomePort arrival at 7 a.m. Was that the same time you expected? Online our Port arrival time is 8 a.m. Would that change anything?

You can tell it’s the Magic by the restaurant name.