Captain’s Club $40 Flower Gift From BOUQ.com?

JaneStarr

Just received a very nice Captain’s Club newsletter in my email. It included a link to order a “free” bouquet of flowers. Value was listed as “up to $40” and that offer excludes delivery cost.

Since my husband is in a community play opening shortly, I decided to look into ordering him a basic bouquet.

To save others the effort, what I found is that the delivery cost for the free $40 bouquet, using the CC link & code was $18.

I did a quick Google search and found a coupon code for 10% off and 1/2-price delivery. Going through the random coupon code, my total cost would’ve been $45 for the same bouquet that was valued at  $40 celebrity gift + $18 delivery = $58.

I decided not to pursue the order. 

Here’s a screenshot of the offer.

CBEAC924-9CB4-4545-8975-C2E1EB18CB86.png

6774A608-59D6-468E-8BB6-968F8B2DE5AD.jpeg

64C71985-7A4A-45BD-B37C-CFBA397ABAB9.jpeg

Thanks for saving me the research time! I figured that either there would be a big upcharge for anything significant, or that the delivery charge was the catch. You know the old saying, "if it seems too good to be true....".

Just now, Luvcrusn said:

Thanks for saving me the research time! I figured that either there would be a big upcharge for anything significant, or that the delivery charge was the catch. You know the old saying, "if it seems too good to be true....".

You’re very welcome!

It’s actually all of the above. They do offer very basic bouquets at $40, but they allow you to upgrade — at a charge.

Not really complaining or “looking a gift horse in the mouth”. I’m just going to pass on the offer.

Jane 

1 minute ago, JaneStarr said:

You’re very welcome!

It’s actually all of the above. They do offer very basic bouquets at $40, but they allow you to upgrade — at a charge.

Not really complaining or “looking a gift horse in the mouth”. I’m just going to pass on the offer.

Jane 

Agreed. No more free lunches.😜

13 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I got the email too, and thought it was a great offer, then read the details and discovered it's not available outside of the US..:classic_sad:  Oh well, saved me $18US lol

Yes, I was on it until I saw that it's not available to us in Canada.  Oh, well.

2 hours ago, JaneStarr said:

Just received a very nice Captain’s Club newsletter in my email. It included a link to order a “free” bouquet of flowers. Value was listed as “up to $40” and that offer excludes delivery cost.

Since my husband is in a community play opening shortly, I decided to look into ordering him a basic bouquet.

To save others the effort, what I found is that the delivery cost for the free $40 bouquet, using the CC link & code was $18.

I did a quick Google search and found a coupon code for 10% off and 1/2-price delivery. Going through the random coupon code, my total cost would’ve been $45 for the same bouquet that was valued at  $40 celebrity gift + $18 delivery = $58.

I decided not to pursue the order. 

Here’s a screenshot of the offer.

CBEAC924-9CB4-4545-8975-C2E1EB18CB86.png

6774A608-59D6-468E-8BB6-968F8B2DE5AD.jpeg

64C71985-7A4A-45BD-B37C-CFBA397ABAB9.jpeg

But, you would only pay $18.00 with Celebrity!  The flowers are free (valued at $40.00)!  How is the other way less expensive when it would cost $45.00!

Thanks so much for posting this. I was all excited I was going to send the Deja Vu bouquet to my mother in law 😒😳 appreciate your saving us the disappointment. I guess nothing is free, not even a thanks for your loyalty gesture 

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

So instead of paying $58 I will only pay $18?  Seems like a great deal to me.  

Totally personal choice if some value a “free” small bouquet at $18.

Just sharing the bottom line to save others the legwork. Always good to to have the facts.

Personally, I’ll stick with picking up a nice full $9.99 bouquet at our local Trader Joe’s or supermarket.

What I didn't understand is where the flowers/growers are located? 

Like someone else mentioned,  I at first thought the flowers were going to be available for delivery on the ship.  That would have been a nice touch.  I remember when there used to be a florist onboard.  My DH surprised me with some.