Celebrity Apex's Blocks Are In The House!

Tall-Cruiser

28 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

It's great to see the Edgies back. I guess we are no longer the Edgies?  Pexies?  I don't like the sound of "Apies". 😉

Pexies is better than Apies.  How about Apexers?

Edited by Oville

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Ooh, that's a good one! 🙂

What did Bo call the Edgies on Floataway Lounge when CC was being redone? I was trying to remember.

I can’t recall, but so happy to see some old friends here.  We booked a March 2021 Apex Sunset Veranda, still trying to justify a S1aft but...

Hope you are both well and it sounds like you maybe in for some snow.  We’ve been a bit under the weather and sadly one of the twins is not so well..  Katie 

2 hours ago, Oville said:

Pexies is better than Apies.  How about Apexers?

I like it:)

So can’t wait till 2021 to sail the Apex and get our daughter back on a cruise ship, she hasn’t sailed with us since 2016. 

Edited by cgolf1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Oville said:

I can’t recall, but so happy to see some old friends here.  We booked a March 2021 Apex Sunset Veranda, still trying to justify a S1aft but...

Hope you are both well and it sounds like you maybe in for some snow.  We’ve been a bit under the weather and sadly one of the twins is not so well..  Katie 

Oh no, so sorry! I'll email to catch up...

26 minutes ago, SausPud said:

looking forward to seeing what does change on the Apex.

Booked the inaugural cruise in April for our 10th Wedding Anniversary treat, first time on Celebrity.

How exciting! It will be fun to watch the build and you can find out more about Celebrity in the meantime. Watching the Edge be built was a fun journey. 🙂

Given that they started building the ship the moment Edge launched... along with how long and complicated it is to design a ship with all the plans for wiring and plumbing and the need to have materials ready to avoid delays... I wonder what changes there could possibly be other than tweaks to public areas. They had not had anyone on Edge yet when they started building and much of orders for materials were likely already made before Edge launched. So doubtful the IV cabins will be much different in terms of basic design than Edge... Oh colors will be different... but the size of the IV 'veranda' likely to be the same...  They can also tweak the MC to make it less windy and perhaps add some clear wind screens on the RTG as well... and perhaps some clear glass walls up on deck 5 might make dinning a touch quieter... but I can't see major changes until they start the next ship. 

• Like 1

The next two edge class ships for 2021 and 2022 are going to be larger anyway and already are planned to be slightly different.

It is more about the planned differences that they have in mind and it is quite easily to change a restaurant or theme at this stage of building. 

I hope Lloyd will find some pictures of the differences between the two ships as the Apex progresses. Will be looking for differences in MC and RTG (especially for wind protection) and maybe a redesign for the cabanas/pathways for outside changes. I also wonder what Mr Edge will be replaced with, if anything. For the inside, I wonder if Eden will have different decor and a different show, if any, and maybe they will increase the seating at the Martini Bar, improve acoustics a bit in the GP and wall off the restaurants there some. I will look forward to seeing if they redo some of the space, such as on The Journey to Eden and the shops area and put in a lounge for music/drinks. I wonder if they will somehow increase the seating in the theater - hopefully if they do, it won't have a crowded feel.

I think they will do all they can to make people happy (because some won't return because they don't love the IVs) and think more about accessibility, functional seating, coffee tables in cabins and better balcony furniture for all, a bar in the Retreat Lounge and more shady outside areas. Hopefully, they will figure out a way to gain a bit more space on the IVs (go back to smaller bed or redesign furniture) so they could add a curtain (and find a way to better enclose them so that AC stays on when doors to veranda are closed and maybe the Captain wouldn't need to lock the windows as often?). I am not saying the IV changes are possible, just hoping that they will be able to tweak the design a bit to make the IV more enjoyable (and hopefully the Beyond will nail it, if they continue with IVs). IVs would not be our first choice because we love open, sunny balconies, but we liked them enough to book one for certain cruises (e.g., Alaska), though we will wait for improvements.

Now that I have had been away from the Edge for a month or so, I've had some time to really think about the M Class, E Class and S Class. Though we like the M Class ships, we have only have sailed them for the itinerary/charter, not the ships themselves (since when we started sailing on X the S Class was available). With the Revolution, that may change. Our first choice has been the S Class, with more choices of activities, places to go, dining, music venues, etc. I have cruises booked on all 3 classes for the future and something is causing me to be the most excited about returning to the Edge Class (though happy to cruise on all). I will be watching the improvements closely to see if X moves in the right   direction (or at least what I consider to be the right direction🙂).

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I'm not officially an Apexer just yet.  I have nothing booked but following along.  Our next two cruises are Eclipse (S. America) and Reflection (Iceland).

I think being an Edgie should qualify you as an Apexer. Always enjoy your take on things.  🙂

9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I think being an Edgie should qualify you as an Apexer. Always enjoy your take on things.  🙂

Thanks for the invite to the Apexer Club.  I guess I am a Pre-Apexer or Wanna-Be-Apexer at this point.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Now that I have had been away from the Edge for a month or so, I've had some time to really think about the M Class, E Class and S Class. Though we like the M Class ships, we have only have sailed them for the itinerary/charter, not the ships themselves (since when we started sailing on X the S Class was available). With the Revolution, that may change. Our first choice has been the S Class, with more choices of activities, places to go, dining, music venues, etc. I have cruises booked on all 3 classes for the future and something is causing me to be the most excited about returning to the Edge Class (though happy to cruise on all). I will be watching the improvements closely to see if X moves in the right   direction (or at least what I consider to be the right direction🙂).

I agree about the M class. We have a cruise booked on Summit, but are not really excited about it. We, too, sailed them for the itinerary, not the ship. The S class have always been our first choice, but the E class is a gamer changer. Looking forward to seeing the results for Apex.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I'm not officially an Apexer just yet.  I have nothing booked but following along.  Our next two cruises are Eclipse (S. America) and Reflection (Iceland).

I guess we're officially Apexers, with a B2B booked for November 2020. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I guess we're officially Apexers, with a B2B booked for November 2020. 

Happy to answer any questions after we have cruised or anything to check out whilst on board.

The first sailing is 8 days with a nice mix of sea and port days, so plenty of chance to sea every inch of her.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SausPud said:

Happy to answer any questions after we have cruised or anything to check out whilst on board.

The first sailing is 8 days with a nice mix of sea and port days, so plenty of chance to sea every inch of her.

Having sailed the Edge Inaugural (7 days), I can assure you that 8 days is not enough time to “see every inch” of Apex. That’s why we’re doing the Edge TA next month. 15 days will give us plenty of time to see and experience those “inches” that we missed.. 😉 😊

I don't expect there to be many changes to Apex, more modifications instead.

Edited by C-Dragons

49 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Having sailed the Edge Inaugural (7 days), I can assure you that 8 days is not enough time to “see every inch” of Apex. That’s why we’re doing the Edge TA next month. 15 days will give us plenty of time to see and experience those “inches” that we missed.. 😉 😊

I don't expect there to be many changes to Apex, more modifications instead.

very nice, so no q&a needed. I might be asking you questions instead.

1 hour ago, SausPud said:

Will look forward to your review! I was on the Edge for 3 of the first cruises- very exciting, but as C-Dragons said, it left me wanting more and went back in January and still have things I didn’t do! 😊

Edited by vtcruising

12 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Will look forward to your review! I was on the Edge for 3 of the first cruises- very exciting, but as C-Dragons said, it left me wanting more and went back in January and still have things I didn’t do! 😊

This excites me that there is more you want to explore. or the fear that the ship is badly designed and overcrowded for public spaces and a bum fight for seats in venues. Hopefully, it's wanting more.

I did Anthem of the Seas in its first season (she was only 2 months old) and had to go back for another little visit (a long weekend) as she was one of the best ships I have sailed on. Also loved Oasis but not as much as Anthem. I have no comparisons with Celebrity but can compare it to the other cruise lines I have sailed. I normally choose where to go (Itinerary) rather than ship but Anthem was about the ship and so is The Apex cruise (but don't tell the wife that as she thinks it's all about the Wedding Anniversary we are celebrating). I have visited Lisbon and Le Harve before so not really bothered about doing excursions on these ports of call and this might give me the extra time on board needed to explore all the wonders. She isn't the largest ship, so I feel I can manage it. 

24 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

What things didn't you do that are on your list?

2 minutes ago, SausPud said:

What things didn't you do that are on your list?

1) Dinner on the Edge.  I did a dinner on the Magic Carpet on 5 and that was nice, but hoping with better wind protection on the Apex (or maybe even the Edge eventually), the buffet on 16 will work (was too windy on my cruises).

2) Go to Eden to see the whole show. I saw pieces of it, but never saw the whole thing.

3) Would like to play Table Maze, a game they did in Eden. People worked in teams to solve puzzles/mazes on a big wooden board. I walked in twice part way through and watched - it looked like fun.

4) Deal or No Deal in the Club - a game that you pay for (replaces Bingo) - after reading more about it, I think I would have enjoyed doing that once.

5) Dinner at the RTG - did lunch there, but the evenings we had free were too windy.

6) Watch a whole movie in the RTG.

7) I would like to have at least watched and maybe tried archery and drone racing in the Club.

8 ) Ladies Pamper Party - in the Spa and reportedly not a sales push - actually sounded like fun.

9) Bandaoke

10) Pool party - only went to pool at night when quiet.

11) Try all the MDRs - only tried Cyprus.

That's a start! 🙂

Questions, what did you actually do? That list is long. 

Some new things I didn't know about and sound fun I know want to do, like 3 and 4.

Planning to do 1, 2, 6 and 11 anyway. 

I make spreadsheets on what I want to do and when to do it. Sometimes we go off plan and do something unexpected. That's the fun of cruising.