There she goes. Sadly without me.

scamper

I'm watching PTZtv as Nieuw Amsterdam sales from Ft Lauderdale.

If I were onboard, I'd be having a glass of wine and a little cheese and fruit in my suite.  Or verandah.

If you were on board as she sails out, where are you and what are you doing?

Edited by scamper
spelling

On my balcony noshing on chocolate covered strawberries (yes, I order some every cruise, it's a weakness) and sipping something lovely, preferably with bubbles, blissfully happy to be at sea again. 90 days and we will be on NA sailing away to happy places.

We would be the Crows Nest after the muster drill having our ritual Tropa Mango Mojito - our sail-away tradition at the start of every cruise . First one was sailing out of the magnificent Sydney Australia harbor - perhaps that is why the tradition got so embedded. 

We usually are somewhere on an upper deck on the port side as we sail out of Ft. Lauderdale, so we can wave to the cameras (not that they pick us up on a crowded ship, but it's a tradition).  Generally, we don't order drinks, so having a sail-away drink isn't important to us.

In 48 days, we'll be sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale on N. Statendam and are really anticipating this voyage on a spanking new ship!   

In the past 20 years, since we discovered the joy of a balcony stateroom, we enjoy sitting on the balcony and watching the sail away with a nice beverage.  I recall fondly our first cruise on Home Lines where we met new friends and celebrated with streamers, champagne and dancing while wildly waving to those on shore in Miami.  I also recall our first cruise with our 21 year old children.  This cruise departed from Miami and we were treated (?) with two topless ladies waving from a speed boat as we left the harbor.  This was a Carnival Spring Break Cruise where we broke the Carnival record for booze consumption.  (This fact was actually announced on the sailing.)  The most memorable sail away for us was on Windstar out of Istanbul on September 12, 2002.  We actually were under sail, listening to some stirring music, while we toasted each other with Champagne.  Great memories.  Thanks to the OP for posting.

It depends on when the ship sails. I like to dress for my early dinner as soon as possible after lifeboat drill so I can be back out on deck and watching them loose the lines. I really like to watch the activity on the pier so I try to be out on the Promenade Deck. If I have time, after that I'll go out to the fantail and enjoy the fun for a while. If there isn't time, I'll head to dinner in the Main Dining Room, crossing my fingers we got a table near a window. I really don't like sail-aways that mean I can't watch them loose the lines.