Bar drink price increase and Classic Beverage Package

schiff1997

Yep is that Michelle your talking about on the MSC UK facebook page

Funny though that she can still get an ice cream but can’t have  bubble tea and lassie( I presume it’s because it’s not a classic hot drink)

Edited by ikea logistics

26 minutes ago, sidari said:

Ate ... The info re Seaside came from a friend who works on the ship, I have no reason to doubt him.

The pictures that started this whole thread, and several others, were posted Nov 7 on the FB Seaside group page.  There is a complete set on that site that I can post here if anyone wants.  Perhaps it was a rogue menu leaked out early, I don't know.

8 minutes ago, Até said:

The pictures that started this whole thread, and several others, were posted Nov 7 on the FB Seaside group page.  There is a complete set on that site that I can post here if anyone wants.  Perhaps it was a rogue menu leaked out early, I don't know.

Please do post the complete set! Thanks!

Thank you very much for sharing the menu photos.  If I followed the thread correctly someone posted these on a UK Facebook page, but are the prices in USD? 

With the drinks on us or the easy package are shots of non-premium liquor included?  Meaning, could I get a shot of some bottom shelf rum and the zero proof daiquiri? 

Do the bartrnders/servers check everyone’s order against their plan each time or do they just make what you ask for and if it wasn’t covered on your plan you find out when you see your bill? 

Thanks everyone, this will be my first cruise (MSC USA) and I had no idea what to expect even before the package change.  

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Your sea pass card contains a code on the front which tells the bar staff and servers what package you have 534 is Classic, 536 is Deluxe if you had any of those booked before November 12th.

We upgraded from restaurant drink package to classic the week before all the changes. On our booking it shows as 

UPGRADE 704 - 431

Any thoughts on what that means? 

Sue 

Just looking at the PDf that was about showing what the classic package gave you and it was cocktails up to the value of $8 now that virtually all the good cocktails are above that $8 limit showing that PDF may do no good as it still won't get you the cocktails that were under $8 before the changes

Edited by ikea logistics

6 minutes ago, sidari said:

IKEA ... The prices are not taken into account when you have either Classic or Deluxe on Caribbean sailings. Packages are currently being honoured on Meraviglia.

So the PDF that was available to show you what drinks you got on DOU and what drinks you were allowed on the All inclusive is wrong or is that PDF only for the Americans booking on the US site

46487968_10160944252455517_6002155837689167872_n.jpg

Edited by ikea logistics

This is so frustrating! We are sailing on Divina Dec. 9 and have been trying to upgrade our Drinks On Us package to Classic and have been told that it's not possible - even though we have the pricing and terms printed on the MSC brochure which clearly states that we can upgrade for $18 per person per day. This is just the WORST customer service. So disappointed. We have sailed with MSC numerous times and have recommended the cruise line to friends but will not do so in the future!

4 minutes ago, sidari said:

Those are for US bookings only.

Hi,

Thats what I thought just wanted to make sure because as you say when you book from the UK site before the 12th November there is no mention of the price limit just no premium drinks.

My husband has been trying to make the upgrade for about 2 weeks. First was told to contact travel agent. Travel agent was very rude and said they couldn't help. Then he contacted MSC again and agent was rude and not helpful. Just contacted MSC again today and the agent was actually pleasant but said she couldn't help because pricing is not available on the their computer system and to call again tomorrow. Ridiculous!

Mlbdude- thanks for the update. If the $8 limit still holds I will be calling MSC and cancelling my Classic upgrade for my Nov 29 Divina cruise.Not going to pay $360 ( for 2) for an upgrade of nothing.

I was also planning on booking another MSC cruise for 2019 but this half ass beverage package switching incompetent handling means I will sailing with another cruise line

Edited by Janedoe2012