Is it time for a CC'er revolt?

eddeb

Is it time to tell Andy and Frank we are unhappy about no more Ribeye Steak In Cagney's Or Lobster on the Bliss?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should tell Andy and Frank we are not at all happy about removing Cagney's Signature Rib Eye and Lobster on the ship?

• YES- I think Andy and Frank should be told folks do not understand why you can not get a Rib Eye Which is a signature item At Cagneys. :)
    • No- They have just ordered six new Billion dollar ships and they need to keep the bankers happy. :(
    • I don't eat steak or lobster. :)

Not belittling anyone either.  Rather than focus on what is no longer available to get angry over, I’d rather focus on all the great things that are available to make my cruise that much better.  CC previously was a place to get great tips on how to make the most of our cruises, and still can be.  However more complaining than anything else some days.  But that’s okay since everyone is entitled to their point of view, even me.

My opinion is that you are belittling others, who feel differently than you, based on your previous comments.  Sometimes it's not about what you think when posting, but how you inadvertently make others feel.  Your comments were not about how you felt on the topic, but rather, how you felt about how others responded to the topic.  Hence, you come across as belittling others

• Like 1

The emperor has new clothes.   As such you would be ill-advised to point out NCL’s cost cutting measures such as the elimination of some of the higher end traditional cruise food as a negative.  Less is more.  

Cue the requisite: “If it’s not the finest Maine lobster, why bother” posts.

There's always some folks doing yeoman work here defending NCL’s cost cutting measures.  I hope there is some kind of remuneration involved.  

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 3:59 AM, KeithJenner said:

I'm not aware of those items ever being no charge. There was a time when the price hadn't been announced, but it was always pretty obvious that they would have a charge, in my opinion. I'm sure that they were never at any point advertised as having no charge.

I am thinking the very same thing: why would there be no charge? That is like expecting to go bowling and not have to pay anything? I have never seen anyplace that said N/C for those items. Of course in all honesty I have not sailed the Bliss 

20 hours ago, dcipjr said:

Not to be a jerk, but maybe it would be better to revolt with your wallet, instead of yet another CruiseCritic thread about lobster...

It would be even more stupid to revolt with your wallet just because there are a couple of things one enjoys missing from the menu. This can and does happen on land as well. Life is too short to worry about eating a cruddy frozen Lobster or a steak when there are so many other steaks available 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2018 at 10:51 PM, cdnsteelman said:

1CD81C90-E823-47FD-A16E-261F86A64524.jpe

Just jacked this from another thread. Someone on the Epic TA crossing right now shows the ribeye still on that Cagney's menu. I hope it holds out until my Dec 5.

Ribeye was still on the menu on the Dawn in October.  When my friend tried to order it, he was told that they were all out.  We all settled for other menu items which were available.

Yes, Cagney's needs to restock ribeye, and soon.

On 11/14/2018 at 10:57 PM, eddeb said:

Steel, Check out need2cruisesoon's posts> No More Rib Eye On the Menu at Cagney'sand he said some folks were not happy cruisers. 

I wouldn't be concerned. Sometimes the supplier just can't get what they want for a particular cruise.

Not as long a "long time NCL Customer" as some. but have been traveling with them for the last 5 years or. It seems like each time we board, something has been changed or removed and it is never a added value to the customer. I try to be a "glass is half full" kind of guy, but I understand the point that folks are trying to make, as it is annoying to see some of the nicer things slowly chiseled away. Just my two cents worth...