Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
zdad59

Luggage Valet - Disembark in Miami...fly out of FLL

Recommended Posts

Has anyone used the Luggage Valet service when docking in Miami and flying out of Ft. Lauderdale?    It's an interesting idea, but we've never done the luggage valet service before, and the distance between POM and FLL makes me wonder.     We don't fly out until of FLL until 2:40 PM/

 

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as the carrier you're using participates. You should be fine with your flight time. Policy is flights departing no earlier than 2:30pm when arriving into POM and flying out of FLL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Luggage Valet does not work out you have options.  

  1. Uber/Lyft/taxi to South Beach and store your bags at the Luggage Lounge.  Explore  SB and maybe a boozy brunch before heading to FLL
  2. Uber/Lyft/shared shuttle/taxi to FLL and store your bags there -- you'll have a few hours to explore (Las Olas for a boozy brunch and shopping, water taxi, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

If Luggage Valet does not work out you have options.  

  1. Uber/Lyft/taxi to South Beach and store your bags at the Luggage Lounge.  Explore  SB and maybe a boozy brunch before heading to FLL
  2. Uber/Lyft/shared shuttle/taxi to FLL and store your bags there -- you'll have a few hours to explore (Las Olas for a boozy brunch and shopping, water taxi, etc.

 

Where can you "store" bags at FLL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you check the faqs (frequently asked questions) about Luggage Valet, it states that it is only available when you use the airport where the ship docked at the end of the cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

If you check the faqs (frequently asked questions) about Luggage Valet, it states that it is only available when you use the airport where the ship docked at the end of the cruise. 

 

If you get off the ship in FORT LAUDERDALE you CAN use Luggage Valet if you are flying home from Miami Airport..

 

You just have to allow the service more time to get your luggage from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami.  It is stated in the requirements.

LuggageValet.pdf

Edited by boscobeans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

 

Luggage storage, for a fee, is available in all terminals.  For details about the location for your terminal check http://www.broward.org/Airport/Services/Pages/Default.aspx

 

Thanks.  I guess that you are out of luck if your cruise ends on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, which is admittedly a very small number.  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the form if you dock in Miami and fly home from Fort Lauderdale.

 

Again you must allow them a little more time to get you bags to Ft. Lauderdale.

miami.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, zdad59 said:

Has anyone used the Luggage Valet service when docking in Miami and flying out of Ft. Lauderdale?    It's an interesting idea, but we've never done the luggage valet service before, and the distance between POM and FLL makes me wonder.     We don't fly out until of FLL until 2:40 PM/

 

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

 

 

See my responses and attachments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sammyreddog said:

I'm hoping that is the case, but the last posting I saw on CC about this only had LV being available if you flew out of MIA. 

See my last response and attachment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

This is the form if you dock in Miami and fly home from Fort Lauderdale.

 

Again you must allow them a little more time to get you bags to Ft. Lauderdale.

miami.jpg

 

Your form is almost a year old. My FAQ was five minutes ago. Until someone shows a recent form, like this, I stand by my original post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Debarked from Symphony into the new terminal on November 9th. When we went to Guest Services during this TransAtlantic sailing, were told that there was no Luggage Valet available at the new terminal and it wouldn’t be available for “about a month”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dreamer976 said:

Debarked from Symphony into the new terminal on November 9th. When we went to Guest Services during this TransAtlantic sailing, were told that there was no Luggage Valet available at the new terminal and it wouldn’t be available for “about a month”. 

We sail in February on Allure.    I hope this is in place by then.    Sounds like $25 well spent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

If you check the faqs (frequently asked questions) about Luggage Valet, it states that it is only available when you use the airport where the ship docked at the end of the cruise. 

Since when did this change in Florida? I don't believe it has...the only difference is they appear to have flights no earlier than 2:00 for arriving into POM and flying out of FLL (the reverse is true also) it used to be 2:30pm. If you're flying out of the airport closes to where you ship docks it's flights no earlier than 11:30am. Where are you getting your facts ?

Edited by Ashland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Since when did this change in Florida? I don't believe it has...the only difference is they appear to have flights no earlier than 2:00 for arriving into POM and flying out of FLL (the reverse is true also) it used to be 2:30pm. If you're flying out of the airport closes to where you ship docks it's flights no earlier than 11:30am. Where are you getting your facts ?

 

I got it right from RCL’s websits under FAQ’s. Just checked again and it hasn’t changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

 

I got it right from RCL’s websits under FAQ’s. Just checked again and it hasn’t changed.

Hmmm...And we all know how accurate their website facts are...right ??. Sorry I still don't believe it has

or they would make this kind of major change and no one has "Posted" about it recently happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm...And we all know how accurate their website facts are...right ??. Sorry I still don't believe it has

or they would make this kind of major change and no one has "Posted" about it recently happening.

 

At least I have it documented, not just saying I don't think so. I haven't seen anything in writing recently saying you could still do it, and I've done a lot of searching. The only thing, in writing was the sheet posted and it was over a year old. Lots of things change in a year.

It was probably discontinued because it wasn't making any money, because it was underutilized and under priced. Transfers from Ft. Lauderdale port to the airport is a lot less than taking it to Miami, why would luggage be any different?

As far as the website accuracy do you question everything or just the things you don't agree with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL...didn't mean to start a brawl!  I'll be disembarking in Miami in 2 weeks and flying out of FLL to get home.  I'll post what we are given.  Thanks everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm...And we all know how accurate their website facts are...right ??. Sorry I still don't believe it has

or they would make this kind of major change and no one has "Posted" about it recently happening.

I agree with the accuracy.  Here is what I found  regarding LV under the FAQ on RCI's site.  I don't see where it says anything about  not being able to fly out of FLL if arriving in Miami https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/does-royal-caribbean-offer-luggage-valet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, boscobeans said:

This is the form if you dock in Miami and fly home from Fort Lauderdale.

 

Again you must allow them a little more time to get you bags to Ft. Lauderdale.

miami.jpg

 

That is for Celebrity, not Royal Caribbean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

 

That is for Celebrity, not Royal Caribbean.

 

Yes it is, however aside from the name on the forms I have never known the service to be exclusive to either RCCL ships.

 

We've used it from the times when it was first available and on both lines on at least 12 or more cruises.

 

If there is something different with Miami, AT THIS TIME for some reason, I guess we will find out shortly.   

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We used the LV service April 2018 after sailing Navigator and debarking in Miami and flying home from FLL.  Our airline (Jet Blue) was a participating carrier and flight departure time was within the acceptable time range. Our bags were waiting for us at our final destination.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...