Rolling Stone Rock Room on Koningsdam

Travrat

22 minutes ago, Travrat said:

In September HAL announced they are adding the Rock Room to the Koningsdam in December but the HAL website doesn't list it as a venue on that ship

Only mentions it is on New Statendam

Anyone know what's up with that??

Because it is not a venue on the Koningsdam yet?  

I thought I had seen it on the website where they describe onboard activities for Koningsdam previously but now it no longer appears there. I realize they will add it during dry dock but it seems suspicious to me that it appeared and then disappeared- hope they still intend on adding it. 

It is still on the home page (Euro version!)

Rolling Stone Rock Room

Coming December 2018, to Nieuw Statendam and Koningsdam, enjoy four decades of classic rock on the stage in the Rolling Stone Rock Room nightly.
  • Like 1

Great! Going on the Dec 21 sailing and am looking forward to a little Rock!

Went last year on Chrismas cruise also and liked so much we convinced friends to join us this year. Used the new venue as extra bait to get them to go so I don't want to be disappointed!

Edited by Travrat

The K will get this new venue during her refit in Dec.  NS will have it as part of the new build.  Rock Room is across from Billboard Onboard.  If you're familiar with the current K layout, it's the area where Lincoln Center Stage performs.  They will be moving to BB King Blues Club (Queen's Lounge).  When they finish their performances each evening, BB King Band will take over.  The idea, as Captain Albert has explained on his blog, is to have continual music in this area.  My concern is that it's going to make this area very congested, as passengers who watch the last classical concert will linger, as is their right, to hear the BB King group.  Before BB King performs, the room will potentially be crowded.  I hope they plan to add more sets per night, which could alleviate the situation.  Has anyone else considered this problem?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm aboard the Koningsdam now. First sailing after dry dock. They seem to have hit it out of the park with the Rolling Stones rock room. Music is fantastic. Perfect for people who love real rock and roll.If you're in your 60's this is the music you grew up on. Band plays AC-DC, Cream, Hendrix, Rolling Stones, Queen etc. Pretty load as it should be. They play 3 sets each night and the great part is when their set finishes, you can walk 10 ft and the Piano bar starts playing their 45 min set.You can just go back and forth. Really a perfect night of rock and roll. Never seen this many people up till midnight on any Holland ship. Ship had and still has some electrical problems but they say it will be fixed soon. So all in all they improved music walk a great deal. 

• Like 4

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, Copper10-8 said:

Koningsdam will be in a Freeport dry-dock in a little more than two weeks. The room without Mick Jagger's Rolling Stones will be boarding at that time

Please allow me to introduce myself...…..

• Haha 1

Please...it's Rolling Stone (as in the magazine), not Rolling Stones. 

Agree that the Marketing Dept, or whoever, erred when awarding the naming rights to this new venue. 

The confusion will never cease, and Mick will forever get the free credit for the space. 🙂 

Edited by Boatdrill