WOW! Loved Le Petit Chef on Celebrity!!

katiegirl1264

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Obviously it is very appropriate for you to offer your opinion of the experience.

i am not sure if you realize that you expressed your opinion in a way that comes across as slightly insulting to those that enjoyed the experience. (IMO)

Very tactfully expressed - thank you jagoffee.

On 11/24/2018 at 7:51 PM, katiegirl1264 said:

Hi everybody! Just wanted to share my thoughts about our amazing experience seeing Le Petit Chef at Qsine. My husband and I have been to a lot of dinners in our life (haven't we all!) but it was exciting to see something new and innovative. So fun having each course (4 courses), then seeing this beautiful animation right on our plate between each one. Dinner and a show, what could be better! We really had a great time and are looking forward to seeing it again. Happy Cruising!!

I absolutely agree....just dined in LPC on Edge....it was the highlight of the sailing.

• Like 1

We also enjoyed LPC twice on our cruise on Silhouette.   The soup and lobster were the best we have had on Celebrity.   The fillet was alstroemerias as good as the beef in Murano.   Service was efficient and food was served hot.

If you don’t care for seafood this may not be the restaurant for you.  I believe the other choices were onion soup and chicken.    Luckily you have other choices for dinner.

6 hours ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

Wow. It certainly doesn't seem too smart of you to go to LPC in the first place. You knew ahead of time that

1. There is a fixed suggested menu to go with the show

2. You knew the show was a timed event.

3. You had already experienced it elsewhere and thought it was "Kitsch

4. You went anyway.

You thought it was "Awful" Why? Because of the above reasons, not because of the food. Very odd. If I were you, I would make my choices of restaurants more carefully.

Just a piece of advice, If you go to McDonalds, don't be surprised when they serve you fast food and there are kids in the restaurant.

Doesn't seem smart?  I am going to let that go....

I am a true believer that we should experience all things once....Just because you tried in Dubai or Orlando does not mean it will be the same on a cruiseship or in NYC.  Sometimes over the years "shows" or presentations may have changed similar to tweaking an onboard show.  We tried it see if Celebrity was offering something "new" or "different" and alas, they were not.  Thus we will not go again.  That said, Next I am in Singapore and they are offering another "Masterful dinner" ....Who knows what they might have added?....IMHO Celebrity was the weakest of the three we have been to and it was free for us so it didn't even cost us any extra.  So that is my opinion.  For all who want to try LPC.....Go try,  You never know until you try.  Just because we didn't like it does not mean you won't.  Everyday is a school day and the beauty of cruising is we have so many choices to make and so many things to experience.  Safe Sails to all! 

• 2 weeks later...

We thought it was great. Really enjoyed seeing something new and different and extremely entertaining! Additionally, the food and service were excellent. We had a wonderful evening and I look forward to seeing it again!

Edited by JackB60

We had a good time at LPC on Infinity recently.  For me, it is a do it once and that's it kind of thing.  I would dine there again with others who had not done it before as the food and service was good, albeit the menu obviously very limited

• 2 weeks later...

We thought it was awesome. I loved how it was timed with the meals and looked forward to seeing each new vignette with each course. I kept thinking, what are they going to come up with next these cute little chefs? And each time, we were pleased and delighted. Food was great, show was great!

• Like 1

We checked out the menu when we were onboard Infinity recently.  I have to say, it seems so limited for such a large price.  I also have issues with the menu because much of what is on there I don't like(lobster, sea bass)  or can't eat (lactose intolerant).  I doubt I am alone in this regard. 

It always amazes me how much people are willing to pay to experience something a little different.  I am in sync with trying things once, but at the same time, life is short and I don't want to waste my time or money on something that seems expensive, limited, and kitschy.   I realize everyone doesn't share my opinion.

I think I wouldn't feel so strongly about it except I really, really loved Qsine and now that is gone :classic_sad:.  I wish they would alternate nights - one night Qsine and the next night LPC.  That would be the ideal situation in my mind.  I doubt it would be that difficult to pull off.

For us it was a home run.  The food was wonderful and the timed service was right on. And then you get to watch this really fun, magical show - which needs to be seen in person to appreciate. The whole night exceeded our expectations and left us all smiling.

12 minutes ago, bacm said:

We have someone in our party who is a very slow eater. Would this disrupt the timing of the dinner presentation? Should we consider cancelling because of this?

No, you'll be fine. The 4 course menu flows beautifully. You and your guests will enjoy the delicious meal and the show comfortably. Have fun! 🙂

On 12/22/2018 at 12:27 PM, phoenix_dream said:

We checked out the menu when we were onboard Infinity recently.  I have to say, it seems so limited for such a large price.  I also have issues with the menu because much of what is on there I don't like(lobster, sea bass)  or can't eat (lactose intolerant).  I doubt I am alone in this regard. 

It always amazes me how much people are willing to pay to experience something a little different.  I am in sync with trying things once, but at the same time, life is short and I don't want to waste my time or money on something that seems expensive, limited, and kitschy.   I realize everyone doesn't share my opinion.

I think I wouldn't feel so strongly about it except I really, really loved Qsine and now that is gone :classic_sad:.  I wish they would alternate nights - one night Qsine and the next night LPC.  That would be the ideal situation in my mind.  I doubt it would be that difficult to pull off.

We tried Qsine for the first time on our last cruise and we loved it.  We couldn't wait until our next cruise to go again-twice!  It was so unique and the food was amazing.  No way to try even close to everything, hence our plan to go at least twice! I wish they would alternate too. We have no desire to go to LPC.  I guess i'm kinda picky, and the limited menu has nothing on it I would really want. The show may be cute ,but really isn't for us. Even if we went just for the show it would be a one time thing. Are they doing away with Qsine on all ships? We also really like the Lawn Club Grill.  Hopefully they won't get rid of that next!  Tried Murano, it was good, but wouldn't pay the price again, we aren't crazy about french food.  Guess we'll try Tuscan next.  Somehow, I can't see it measuring up, but we'll see.

Edited by avp1234

My understanding is that they are replacing Qsine with LPC on all ships.  Seems like a stupid move to me, but then I admit to being prejudiced against it.  But my opinions aside, objectively  it really seems like a try once and that's it deal for most people which doesn't seem to smart to me.  But then they have kept Sushi on 5 which on most cruises seems to have 2-3 couples at most dining there each night.

In my opinion, these shows are far from kitschy. I've read up about the history of LPC and these are "Events" created by a team of artists that work 24 hours to create each second of animation. The technology took 8 years to develop and plays around the world for like $200 per person. I actually feel lucky to be able to see it here in the states on this cruise line. We've always loved Celebrity and we were happy to experience something new and cool. And will see it again .

We recently ate at LPC our last night on Eclipse. We found the show to be fun, but more like a one hit wonder for us. The food was very good, but portions a bit small. We wondered why there was no salad or bread to pick at while transitioning between courses. To answer a prior question, the show is scheduled to play when everyone in the restaurant has finished each course, so I think your slow eater would be fine within reason. At some points the wait time was a bit long for us. The night of our dinner the restaurant was less than half filled, so very quiet between courses. The Q team was out trying to drum up diners throughout our cruise so I think the ship had difficulty filling the restaurant each night. I hope Celebrity will consider implementing a revised schedule so Qsine returns alternating with LPC.