RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

We just returned from 8 days on Allure. We had originally booked a Crown Loft Suite, and had five pending RU bids, all for various Star Class cabins. I thought we had a chance, especially since we bid the max for one of the cabin types. It was not to be, as we finally got our five separate "Declined" emails at around 8:15 PM on the first night of the sailing.

Maybe next time...

8 hours ago, TheInnocentAge said:

We just returned from 8 days on Allure. We had originally booked a Crown Loft Suite, and had five pending RU bids, all for various Star Class cabins. I thought we had a chance, especially since we bid the max for one of the cabin types. It was not to be, as we finally got our five separate "Declined" emails at around 8:15 PM on the first night of the sailing.

Maybe next time...

Is the ship sailing at full capacity now?  

Just booked a Cruise on Voyager, that departs in 4 weeks. Can not access Royal Up yet.
Does it takes some time before I can access? Im booked in a GTY cabin, can that have something to do with? 
Booked trough RCCL website. 

16 hours ago, TheInnocentAge said:

Maybe next time...

Is this the norm for communication regarding Royal Up bids? We sail in June and I put in a few bids for OV and balcony cabins as we have an interior booked.  This is only our second RCCL cruise so I'm not familiar with this process.

41 minutes ago, careywv said:

Is this the norm for communication regarding Royal Up bids? We sail in June and I put in a few bids for OV and balcony cabins as we have an interior booked.  This is only our second RCCL cruise so I'm not familiar with this process.

You could receive an acceptance anytime, but many bids seem to be accepted just days before the cruise.

If your bid is declined, the email to that effect will come just before or (more likely) after the ship has sailed.

If you think about it, that makes some sense.  For example, the Jones in a balcony cabin might have to cancel just before the cruise (test positive or sick or whatever). If RoyalUp already declined your bid before  the Jones cancel, you can’t move up.  Thus they wait until the bitter end to decline your bid.

You can go to the RoyalUp page and check the status of your bid anytime.  If your bid has not been accepted and you ever decide you do not want to bother anymore, just cancel the bid yourself.  (For example, some people say RoyalUp should give them two days notice before the cruise…I turn that around and say those same people should just cancel RoyalUp two days before the cruise if that is their personal cutoff)

• Like 2

On 4/30/2022 at 1:27 PM, Rewind said:

Well, just another reason I will be booking differently going forward.

Thank you.

Bummer!  I didn't realize that when I booked two cabins for summer cruises.  BTW I was on hold with CostcoTravel for over 4 1/2 hours to get a price reduction last week!  Will rethink booking with Costco in the future!

Yeah I had booked on Costco and unlikely to do again mainly due to 2-5 hour wait times but also due to losing the upgrade options.  They also don't do the BOGO airfares at NCL but that isn't a huge loss. It is a shame because they have potential to be great - the 7% in cashback cards and 2% end of year if you are Executive Club are very lucrative.

2 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

So excited! We got our upgrade! We moved from a JS to a GS on Allure for our cruise on May 8th! 

Congrats! Just curious-were the suites showing as sold out previously? We are on the May 14th sailing, I have bids in, but suites are showing as sold out and have been for a while. I think we are going to be on a very full ship!

2 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

So excited! We got our upgrade! We moved from a JS to a GS on Allure for our cruise on May 8th! 

That’s awesome! 🤞🏻 crossed for my June sailing! Having a GS on a previous Mediterranean cruise spoiled me forever! Be advised. 😅. Enjoy! 

2 hours ago, pghflyer said:

Yeah I had booked on Costco and unlikely to do again mainly due to 2-5 hour wait times but also due to losing the upgrade options.  They also don't do the BOGO airfares at NCL but that isn't a huge loss. It is a shame because they have potential to be great - the 7% in cashback cards and 2% end of year if you are Executive Club are very lucrative.

You  should be able to transfer your cruise to RCCL from Costco. Then you would be able to call RCCL for anything you need, AND participate in the RoyalUp program. Just a thought….Good luck! 

Edited by okiedrifters
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, tbo said:

Congrats! Just curious-were the suites showing as sold out previously? We are on the May 14th sailing, I have bids in, but suites are showing as sold out and have been for a while. I think we are going to be on a very full ship!

Yes, for the most part they have been showing as sold out. Every once in a while an AT1 showed as available, but briefly. So, don't give up hope!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, okiedrifters said:

That’s awesome! 🤞🏻 crossed for my June sailing! Having a GS on a previous Mediterranean cruise spoiled me forever! Be advised. 😅. Enjoy! 

Thanks! Hubby and I just had our first GS in March, and we loved it! We usually book JS, and we really loved the full suite benefits. My husband said he isn't sure it's such a good idea to let our 18 year old daughter get a taste of the suite life 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, erinsmom03 said:

Thanks! Hubby and I just had our first GS in March, and we loved it! We usually book JS, and we really loved the full suite benefits. My husband said he isn't sure it's such a good idea to let our 18 year old daughter get a taste of the suite life 😂

Agreed! 😅

• Like 1