RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

13 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Why?  If you really want the suite why stress?

We won a RU for a JS to GS on the Oasis last week. Bid a little above min, but still in their "weak" zone.  If I paid for the GS outside of RU, I would have paid about 3X what our bid was. At that price, I didn't want it, at our bid, I did. 

mac_tlc

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We won a RU for a JS to GS on the Oasis last week. Bid a little above min, but still in their "weak" zone.  If I paid for the GS outside of RU, I would have paid about 3X what our bid was. At that price, I didn't want it, at our bid, I did. 

mac_tlc

Of course if it is extremely expensive pays to either wait or don’t get it.  You were also lucky.  I went on a celebrity ship in march and only 1030 people on board.  Easier to win a move up for that cruise.  Now cruises are getting full.  The move up and royal ups for  suites will be more difficult to get

2 hours ago, Cruiseenthusiast101 said:

Based on previous experiences, how close to sailings do the bids tend to be accepted or denied?

Furthest out win recently was about 4 weeks - denials come around 8PM on the day of the sailing.

1 minute ago, fredmdcruisers said:

From below...

If I paid for the GS outside of RU, I would have paid about 3X what our bid was. At that price, I didn't want it, at our bid, I did.

I think the point is, if self upgrading (redoing the booking) is close to, or less than, what the min RU bid is, just go that route.... makes sense to me.  Others have said the self upgrade option was less than the RU min bid so it seems like that can happen.

Sailing on brilliance in a little under a month. Yesterday we received confirmation that both cabins had their bids accepted. Had 2 obstructed balconies on deck 7 and was moved to a grand suite for $315 per person(minimum bid) and a junior suite at $170 per person (minimum bid) for the other obstructed  balcony. I wasn’t expecting the bids to be accepted this far out. First time I’ve ever gotten my bid accepted as I usually get the denial email the day before. 

The price to upgrade without royal up for us was $5200 for the  grand suite and $2400 for the junior suite. 

Edited by ajklaw123
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ajklaw123 said:

Sailing on brilliance in a little under a month. Yesterday we received confirmation that both cabins had their bids accepted. Had 2 obstructed balconies on deck 7 and was moved to a grand suite for $315 per person(minimum bid) and a junior suite at $170 per person (minimum bid) for the other obstructed  balcony. I wasn’t expecting the bids to be accepted this far out. First time I’ve ever gotten my bid accepted as I usually get the denial email the day before. 

The price to upgrade without royal up for us was $5200 for the  grand suite and $2400 for the junior suite. 

That is awesome! Congratulations! Keeping my fingers crossed for our June Rhapsody sailing! 

On my 11nt Baltic cruise someone just bid $185pp to go from Panoramic OV (1L) to GS for $185... and got it right away....  that's a big jump for a great price.

I'm locked out of RoyalUp because of our TA...  I wonder if I were to call our TA and have them reach out to Royal to see what upgrade they would offer us.  We're in a JS and I would pay that amount to go to GS.  Anyone ever try that?

Confused! 

My bid is showing pending, cruise in 3 weeks time.  I have tried to alter the bid (increase it) but it doesn't give me the option, can anyone advise why this might be and how to go about getting access to increase the bid?

13 minutes ago, Ms Jo UK said:

Confused! 

My bid is showing pending, cruise in 3 weeks time.  I have tried to alter the bid (increase it) but it doesn't give me the option, can anyone advise why this might be and how to go about getting access to increase the bid?

If you can't alter it, and it hasn't been rejected, I've heard some say that means you got the upgrade and it just hasn't processed yet.

1 hour ago, Ms Jo UK said:

Confused! 

Pending means you won. Cabin might take a bit to assigned.

5 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Pending means you won. 

All bids are usually in a "Pending" status from the time you bid to denial - that status alone doesn't mean much. Being Pending AND not be able to modify it might mean something or nothing at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

All bids are usually in a "Pending" status from the time you bid to denial - that status alone doesn't mean much. Being Pending AND not be able to modify it might mean something or nothing at all.

Yes.  I have four bids still pending and none have been accepted yet.  Cruise next week

Edited by Cruise a holic

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Sorry for the incorrect reply above. I was remembering wrong. ;-(

16 hours ago, Ms Jo UK said:

Confused! 

This is a good sign, but not a certainty - hope you win that RU, and receive a confirmation email at least a few days before sailing!

• Like 1

So this morning I just won my very first Royal Up! 

The SetSail updated to the new room but luggage tags still say the old room. I called and they told me it can take 48hrs for the new luggage tags to appear, but I sail on Friday

What do I do if the luggage tags don't update in time?

• Like 1

Well now, this is a HUGE thread.

Can someone give me the (very) abridged version of what this program is, and how/when I might be able to take advantage of it? Just booked a GS GTY on the Wonder for next year, though we wanted an OS (all booked).

THANKS,

Tom

basically https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

Some travel agents don't allow their reservations to participate. Mine does but it took 2 business days to work. Not sure how far out it opens but I put a bid in about 60 days out.

No telling when you will hear if your bid is accepted (could be today, could be while you are driving to the port). 

Hopefully that and a little reading will help out. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone! Just checked my bids for my June 20th sailing. All expired EXCEPT one and it is pending and I can’t adjust the bid. For those of you who successfully had a pending you couldn’t adjust, how long was it before your CC was charged or you received the confirmation email? I KNOW this does not always mean success…just wondering the time line for this scenario. 

Others on the same cruise can adjust theirs and their has not expired. My current cabin category is sold out.  

Since I have never won a bid, I’m confused….😅

Thanks! 

• Like 1

How can you check you bids - the only way I found was to go into my confirmation email and click to edit or delete one of the bids and then the others show as pending but it wants you to edit or delete the one you clicked on.

i am booked for GTY ocean view room in July on the Serenade It’s a pretty booked cruise though some rooms have opened up since the royalup email so not sure if bids have been accepted or more cabins have been added as they increase capacity. I put in minimum bids for all the balcony and above cabins other that owners suite. I didn’t put bids in for spacious ocean view or ultra spacious ocean view, not sure if I should. I wish I knew what I was getting for my GTY.

28 minutes ago, familycruzinnewbie said:

How can you check you bids - the only way I found was to go into my confirmation email and click to edit or delete one of the bids and then the others show as pending but it wants you to edit or delete the one you clicked on.

i am booked for GTY ocean view room in July on the Serenade It’s a pretty booked cruise though some rooms have opened up since the royalup email so not sure if bids have been accepted or more cabins have been added as they increase capacity. I put in minimum bids for all the balcony and above cabins other that owners suite. I didn’t put bids in for spacious ocean view or ultra spacious ocean view, not sure if I should. I wish I knew what I was getting for my GTY.

Your current room might be much smaller.  Not familiar with cabins on thevship but I would assume ultra spacious ocean view is larger.  Check cabins on YouTube