Regal Princess Elite Free unlimited Medallion Net

Jeter02

I know when I sailed on Regal Princess last Caribbean season they offered free medallion net unlimited minutes for elite passengers. Just curious to know now that it's back for Caribbean season and I will be sailing soon if it's still the same with the unlimited minutes.

16 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I know when I sailed on Regal Princess last Caribbean season they offered free medallion net unlimited minutes for elite passengers. Just curious to know now that it's back for Caribbean season and I will be sailing soon if it's still the same with the unlimited minutes.

No my cruise that ended 11/11 was the last one.

Better grab the unlimited pre cruise offer if they have it in the personalizer.

Its about 25% to 30% off the ship onboard price.

• Thanks 1

Just now, nimiq said:

If we are Elite ....do they give an extra incentive for the internet package ? 

Eric

As elite we gave always been given 150 internet minutes for a seven-day Cruise. But I've been spoiled with the free unlimited medallion that all last year on the Regal. I looked on the cruise personalizer they're only asking for $59.99 for an unlimited package.

1 hour ago, nimiq said:

If we are Elite ....do they give an extra incentive for the internet package ? 

Eric

Yes, they do. You have the option - onboard - if either your Elite minutes package, or a discount off the unlimited packages, something like $5 off each package price... It's either or, you decide at first log in...

30 minutes ago, nimiq said:

So in an other word if I go with the  pre-purchase internet package I then forfeit one of my perks of having 250 free minutes on a 14day cruise.

Eric 😞

Sort of. Yes, if you pre-purchase the unlimited Internet, no need for your free minutes.  You can wait till onboard,  and take the Platinum/Elite discount on the unlimited packages versus taking your free minutes.  The discount often is not as much as pre-purchasing it is though. It's only $5 off whatever unlimited package you opt for.

If you are traveling with a spouse or partner, one can get the unlimited package and the other can use all the free minutes, so you can both use a device at the same time. That is, if you need or want to be online a lot during your time on the ship. We were fine with just my 250 min, as DH was not yet platinum, it downloading very quickly to read things offline. Just be sure you log out. Many problems with this on the CB.

4 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Why would you need them with the unlimited package?

You would not need them, but as another post noted, it is a loss of a platinium/perk when you purchase the discounted package pre-cruise.

You are offered the chance to switch when you first sign in to use your free minutes, but at a price higher than anyone without platinum/elite status can pay pre-crusie.

To be fair, Princess should offer the unlimited package for free if it is priced pre-cruise less than the value of the minutes that platinum/elite passengers get. If not priced less than the minutes pre-cruise, the value of the free minutes should be subtracted from the on-board unlimited pricing so that platinum/elite passengers do not lose their Internet benefit if they want unlimited.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, caribill said:

You would not need them, but as another post noted, it is a loss of a platinium/perk when you purchase the discounted package pre-cruise.

You are offered the chance to switch when you first sign in to use your free minutes, but at a price higher than anyone without platinum/elite status can pay pre-crusie.

Interesting. I purchased the unlimited and was given a voucher code to enter upon signing in nothing else. 

I still had access to my Platinum/Elite minutes benefit through a seperate area in the log in process. It was seperate from the voucher code log in box.

Was the your experience with this?

Whete do you find this stuff?

9 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

The pricing on the Princess site for Internet package is confusing.  It shows $59.95 for 7 days unlimited.  Also listed at $9.99 per day.  Anyone know which is correct?

Thanks.

It's a pre cruise discount and a good deal IMO.

$9.99 once onboard

48 minutes ago, CruisingIsBest said:

I booked Cyber Monday and it looks like they were offering it as part of the Cyber Monday specials because I have it showing in my Reservations & Purchases as "Medallionnet 4-Device Promotion", "Complementary Gift".  I'll take it! 😁

Regal or Caribbean Princess ?

On 12/2/2018 at 8:50 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Why would you need them with the unlimited package?

Seriously, just do the unlimited pre-sail package.  I LOVED the unlimited.  I was also on the 11/1 Regal sailing, and we weren't supposed to have unlimited, but we did because it's still a Medallion preview cruise (and I believe it still is).  I used my free minute package and forget to turn off the internet and thank heavens I also had the Elite free package.  All I did was go to the Internet Cafe, and talk to the Internet guy.  All fixed.  One of my friends sailed on the CB and used the Elite package and only got a limited number of minutes.  He bought the unlimited offered.  Once you have unlimited, there's no going back, IMHO.

Maureen

On 12/4/2018 at 9:38 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

It's a pre cruise discount and a good deal IMO.

$9.99 once onboard

Thanks.  Not sure I will need unlimited and we do get 300 comped minutes for being elite.  If I run out can I buy at $9.99 per day?

Appreciate you answering my query.

Henry