Question about beds for 3rd person

sra12574

My   wife   and   I   enjoy  cruising  and   so  does  our  son  .  Shopping  for   different  cruises  sometimes  you  look  for  ports  ,  time  of  year   and  of  course  price . The  different  ships  and  ameneties  can  certainly  can   aslo  play a  role.  A  big  factor  for  us  travelling as a  party  of  3   is  beds .  Unfortunately   the  rooms   with  the  pull  down   bed  dont  suit  my  wife  because  she   is  afraid  our  son  will fall . I  have  actually  slept  in a  pull down  before   but  I'm  pretty  close  to  the  weight  limit  and   on  a  cruise  that  wont  help lol . My  son  tosses  and  turns something  fierce  he  would  be a  fall  risk  . Rather  then  do a  search   for  each  ship  and   having  to  call  carnival  to  check do  people  know   which  ships  have  an  alternative  to  the  pulldown  on  most  cabins  . So  far  with our  son  we  have  booked   2  cruises  on Conquest  class  ships  balcony  rooms  so  we  have  the  sofa  bed  . I s  there  any  3rd  person  bed  option  on any  of  the  Fantacy  class  ships  that  is  not a  pull down ?

Edited by sra12574

Hi

I don't know anything about different classes of ships, but I have been on many Carnival cruises and if you book an OV or balcony cabin, they all have a couch that would be a good option for sleeping.

hope this helps

28 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

I don't know anything about different classes of ships, but I have been on many Carnival cruises and if you book an OV or balcony cabin, they all have a couch that would be a good option for sleeping.

hope this helps

I  was  looking   at  the  Paradise   before   and   the  rooms   don't  say  they  have  a  couch  . I  also  sailed   on  the  Paradise   a  while  back  and  the  3rd  persons  bed  was  a  pull  down . I   took  the  upper  bed  . I'm a  few  lbs  heavier  .

When the Paradise and Elation were refurbished in the past year, they added some interior cabins on the new deck 14.  Those cabins have a couch for the third person.  Other than those cabins, there are no couches in cabins other than suites on fantasy class ships.  EM

2 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

hope this helps

This is not true for Fantasy class ships. If you don’t know the answer to a question, it is best not to respond. 

Also, if you look on Carnival's website at the deck plans for any given ship, they have a key that indicates every room on board that has a sofa bed. I included an image for the Dream that shows the key.

Capture.JPG

Edited by bbtbear
typo

My family stayed in an interior of the Carnival Inspiration.  They do not have a sofa.  Since my DD was only 2 at the time, we requested for a trundle instead of a pulldown bed.  She still rolled off the trundle bed (six inches off the floor) so we blocked her with lots of pillows and a chair.

Your best bet it to use the cabin key for each ship mentioned above.  Don't assume that rooms of a similar type all have a couch.  For example, on a good number of ships, the couches disappear from balcony rooms after a certain deck level.  Actually, your very best best is to call Carnival and ask for a PVP and then tell them what port and what dates and let them find you appropriate rooms.  

We just got off the Victory and had interior cabin Room 9255.  It did not have a pull down for my son.  They set up a third bed which stayed up the entire cruise.  It was pretty much a third twin bed.  It was very comfortable.  It did take up a lot of space, but the three of us managed without them having to ever take it down.  I don't believe it was the standard trundle that is stored underneath the bed as I saw one under the twin bed.  This appeared to have been a bed they brought in which was much more sturdy and comfortable.

On December 2, 2018 at 6:40 PM, Nic6318 said:

Hi

hope this helps

Having sailed Paradise, Inspiration, Imagination and Ecstacy, All in outside cabins, I can tell you that that is not true. They all have the Pullman beds in the ceiling. 

Op, one year, the third passenger who was going to use the upper bed couldn't climb the ladder because she hurt her foot. The steward was actually very helpful and simply made it up for us on the floor. We tipped him extra at the end as we felt that created extra work, but he had no problem doing that. We did have all the beds separated and the one on the floor went under the desk area a bit. I'm not sure it would work if you had the two lowers as a king. That might be an option for your son if you sail on a smaller ship without the couches. 

23 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

This is not true for Fantasy class ships. If you don’t know the answer to a question, it is best not to respond. 

Hi

Wow...excuse me. 

I suppose you have never been wrong before. It's nice to know there is at least one perfect person in this world. Personally I have been wrong before and will likely will be wrong again. It would be best for you to ignore my future comments. Oh, I forgot, Mr. Perfect will want to correct me. Thanks in advance. :classic_biggrin: So, I don't have to worry about being in error. 

7 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

Wow...excuse me. 

I suppose you have never been wrong before. It's nice to know there is at least one perfect person in this world. Personally I have been wrong before and will likely will be wrong again. It would be best for you to ignore my future comments. Oh, I forgot, Mr. Perfect will want to correct me. Thanks in advance. :classic_biggrin: So, I don't have to worry about being in error. 

The OP asked a question about a 3rd bed and specifically mentioned Fantasy class ships.  Posting wrong information in response to a question could potentially lead to the OP booking a cabin based on that incorrect information. You specifically stated all balconies and OV cabins have a couch, and that is flat out wrong. 

9 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The OP asked a question about a 3rd bed and specifically mentioned Fantasy class ships.  Posting wrong information in response to a question could potentially lead to the OP booking a cabin based on that incorrect information. You specifically stated all balconies and OV cabins have a couch, and that is flat out wrong. 

Hi

Sorry, I but what specifically said was "I don't know anything about different classes of ships". Then I went on to state my (specific) experiences, not a statement of fact. I did make a mistake, you are not Mr. Perfect, at first I was in awe. Please get off your high horse.

On 12/2/2018 at 7:17 PM, sra12574 said:

My   wife   and   I   enjoy  cruising  and   so  does  our  son  .  Shopping  for   different  cruises  sometimes  you  look  for  ports  ,  time  of  year   and  of  course  price . The  different  ships  and  ameneties  can  certainly  can   aslo  play a  role.  A  big  factor  for  us  travelling as a  party  of  3   is  beds .  Unfortunately   the  rooms   with  the  pull  down   bed  dont  suit  my  wife  because  she   is  afraid  our  son  will fall . I  have  actually  slept  in a  pull down  before   but  I'm  pretty  close  to  the  weight  limit  and   on  a  cruise  that  wont  help lol . My  son  tosses  and  turns something  fierce  he  would  be a  fall  risk  . Rather  then  do a  search   for  each  ship  and   having  to  call  carnival  to  check do  people  know   which  ships  have  an  alternative  to  the  pulldown  on  most  cabins  . So  far  with our  son  we  have  booked   2  cruises  on Conquest  class  ships  balcony  rooms  so  we  have  the  sofa  bed  . I s  there  any  3rd  person  bed  option  on any  of  the  Fantacy  class  ships  that  is  not a  pull down ?

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5416

You can look at specific cabins on any ship and it will list the specific beds.