SOMEWHAT LIVE!! — MS Koningsdam — Southern Caribbean Seafarer

*Miss G*

I burst out laughing when I saw the blanket over his head - how could he breathe?  Of course, who would want that blanket back after that??  Thank you for regaling us with the funny for us, but not so funny for you, tales of your flight!  Hard to imagine anyone lighting up a pipe (or anything else!) on a plane and then think that no one will notice.  Jaw dropping!

Wishing you & Miss G a fabulous cruise!:classic_biggrin:

Blanket man actually stayed like that for the rest of the trip, not even coming out for the mid-afternoon snack, puppycanducruise.

I just shook my head, took one of the other two blankets out of its wrapper and used that. I figured he wasn't bothering me so, as long as he sat there nice and quiet in his blanket fort, I'd be fine.

However, he did take my landing card for some reason. Luckily I'd left it blank, waiting till I'd finished reading my book to complete which means he has none of my personal details. I wouldn't like an odd man to know anything about me!
  • Haha 1

LOL!!!!!

To tell you the truth, I thought you did that as a joke😉 I thought wow pretty convincing to me. Looked like a medium or 👻 ghost. Than I realized no joke!

What airlines was it? 

You guys have a fantastic trip!

MsG, and Divine Miss J ( SMOOTH SAILINGS AHEAD)

Denise😊

It was British Airways, Denise. I always find their cabin crew amazing and the seats are dead comfortable too. Normally the passengers are decent but I must have just caught the weirdo flight! By the way, that's pipe man you can just see to the left, In the interest of complying with privacy legislation, I did try my best to make him non-identifiable.

14 minutes ago, Divine Miss J said:

It was British Airways, Denise. I always find their cabin crew amazing and the seats are dead comfortable too. Normally the passengers are decent but I must have just caught the weirdo flight! By the way, that's pipe man you can just see to the left, In the interest of complying with privacy legislation, I did try my best to make him non-identifiable.

👍👍👍 we certainly have enjoyed British Airways also. I was going to 

ask you about pipe man. This is going to be a fun blog with the two of you.

Take care

Denise😊

Amazing how some people just think they are so special they don't have to comply with any rules.  Oh, well.  We are going on a cruise.  Hope to meet you both at M&G.  Our 3 hour drive to port should be easy.  Hope they finished dry dock work.

Jane

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Divine Miss J said:

I ate the Yorkie bar, but would the extra large package of Maltesers work for you? I might be able to prise them out of Miss G's fingers if I wait till she's asleep. Otherwise, a bacon butty with chips on its way. Will that be HP or red sauce?

Maltesers will suffice in a pinch, thanks. And definitely brown sauce for the bacon butty w chips. 😋 

Way too too funny with the Little Old Lady, Pipe Man & Blanket Fort Man. And all on the one flight. 🤣

Can’t wait to hear how the weekend unfolds ahead of embarkation. If your luck holds you’re in for some more excitement!

OMG LOL @ blanket-fort man.  😂 😂 😂  My stomach hurts from laughing.  By the end of this cruise I hope we can put together a full cast of Superhero Justice League characters who will save the world with their special powers.  This is going to be a good cruise.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

So today we drove across the border. Since I have a British passport, we always have to go inside and register rather than being waved on through. 

Inside, the border guard asked me about the trip, when did I arrive (yesterday) who was I with, where we were headed and when was I returning to the UK.  I explained we were staying overnight in Buffalo, flying down to Fort Lauderdale for a cruise, spending Christmas with our parents then I was going back the following day. He shook his head and remarked "Three weeks? That's a heck of a long time to spend with family!" 

Upon my repeating the conversation, Miss G was somewhat miffed. "He doesn't even know me and still knocked me down!"
  • Haha 2

DAY ONE - BUFFALO, NY

Word of the day is:  sNOw.  Again.  And lots of it.  This was not in the forecast.  But that’s okay because we fly out tomorrow when the word of the day is:  sunny.

We were processed through the border within 30 minutes.  Those of you who have been in secondary know that’s a really good processing time.  We are happy.

We head straight to the shops.  A couple of items for her;  a couple of items for me.  Then it’s over to Reikart House.  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  It you want a 5* experience then stay here.  This hotel is European-grade in the middle of an American city.  Right from the moment we checked in it was outstanding service and quality.  Even our meal was excellent!  And the beds!!!  It was like sleeping on a cloud.  Please keep this place a secret because I don’t want anyone to find out.  Thank you.

Edited by *Miss G*

DAY ONE - BUFFALO (my version!)

It's official! We simply lurve the Reikhart House and have vowed to stay there whenever we're in Buffalo. In fact, we'll even write up a glowing report for Trip Advisor.

We leave our bags (and new shopping) in our room and head down to the lounge area with a roaring great fire. It's sNOwing in Buffalo, of course it is, it's December! Here's the lounge with all the Christmas decs up and the fire.

Here's Miss G and I officially commencing ACK and our happy hols.

After toasting ourselves on what excellent taste we have and for Miss G's hours of research that always pay off, she hands me a piece of paper. "I'm your Secret Santa (in the family draw)" she advises. I take it. It doesn't look like my HAL boarding pass, it's a different colour and it doesn't even have our cabin number on it. I look at her with that "huh" look you give your sister. She continued "We're in a Neptune suite!" 

I'll let Miss G explain all the amenities that go with it as, between jet lag and such a lovely surprise, all I took in was that we get a bottle of champagne and free laundry. Woo hoo!! In case it wasn't obvious, that was for the champers.

Miss G, thank you, you're the best!!! I hope your Secret Santa is very good to you too!!
  • Like 3